#1 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

Just because....

Have you ever enjoyed a song because you just liked the background music but never actually listened or read the lyrics?

I have a few in mind but just found another one.

Please add.

• The Postman likes this

#2 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

One of my favorite subjects now a days. Now that I can afford some better equipment and the musics digital, I've been really listening to lyrics for the first time. Melody's always been the thing for me. Probably because the words were unintelligible. That's most likely why lyrics on liner notes were such a big deal. I know I've seen my broke ass musician friends sitting with a tape deck and a spiral notebook hitting play and rewind over and over trying to decipher the lyrics so they could work up a song they recorded off the radio.

Anyway, right here lately I've learned two things fore sure about old song lyrics. For his first two albums Bob Seger would use what ever words it took to make the rhyme whether it came anywhere even close to making any sense or not. And the lyricist for Steely Dan was most likely an unindicted sex offender.

• The Sound Guy and TJB like this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#3 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,765 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:27 PM

I've made my own words for a few songs, because I didn't understan what the singer was saying. 

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#4 The General

The General

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

CCR-------there's a bathroom on the right. Just one of many.
  • juleebella likes this

#5 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

The song "Feel It Still". I thought it was just a great song to move to until I read the lyrics.

#6 Stiff

Stiff

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

Oh yeah lots of times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics