126 replies to this topic

#121 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,917 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

Sorry if the discussion is too complicated for you.

Why don't we settle this like gentlemen. Let's meet somewhere and you bring your feet and hands and since I don't want to kill you I'll leave my AR15 at home and bring one of these instead. What ya say ?

Don't forget to wear those safety glasses. 

Edited by CitizenCain, 05 March 2018 - 08:23 PM.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#122 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

Nice try, but the record here tells the real truth. Regarding this topic, I have repeatedly tried to start a discussion about the real causes behind these shootings such as mental illness, societal pressures, parenting, etc. But you and the rest of the hard left always turn it back to guns guns guns.

And nothing changes, because the debate continues to be a pissing contest over guns instead of the real causes behind these shootings.

Oh and...way to play the race card in a topic about guns. I guess you just couldn't help yourself.

Go ahead, discuss the real causes. Explain why current laws are failing. Explain how all of this can be fixed.

"For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land."- Deuteronomy 15:11

#123 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,244 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Now that's a stupid response.

There is absolutely no logic in your desire to ban AR-15s, and it wouldn't make a difference. Several of us have proven that the AR-15 is no different from many deer rifles aside from it's looks, yet you continue to pursue a fantasy which will not do one bit of good. How dare you claim that I don't want to have an honest discussion when you and the other libs refuse to get off the gun control bandwagon long enough to discuss REAL solutions to the REAL causes behind these shootings.

That is not a stupid response.

You are the one that says this is all mental and there is a 'mental' aspect.

Ever heard of Walter Mitty? 

He is a fictional character in a book that daydreams and fantasizes about what is happening in his life.   As he sits in a parked car, he imagines himself driving at breakneck speed in the Indy 500;  he walks into a bar and he's a bar fighter, he grabs an AR-15 and he's Rambo. 

He's not nuts ... he's just not well connected to reality.

Why do people drive the car they drive?

Some people drive cars like this:

850spider.JPG

And others drive cars like this:

pinto.JPG

The plain fact is those who drive the one on top had more accidents and more speeding tickets even though it was a much slower car ... i.e. a  65hp 850cc engine that struggled to get to 80mph vs. the 2.0 liter that was a brick that was 5.5 seconds faster to 60mph.  For the record, the 1974 Pinto's stats', while not earth shattering (1974 Ford Pinto Compare Car 0-60 mph 14.4 | Quarter mile 19.1 is a barn-burner compared to the 1968 Fiat 850 Spider's  0-60 mph 19.9 | Quarter mile 21.4 ).

The most obvious point is that most people who purchase guns do so for an emotional reason. They purchase AR-15s because it makes them feel like Rambo; and makes them feel like they could kill allllll the people they haaaaate.   There is no rationality to the decision to purchase.  These guns aren't really suitable for hunting; for putting food on the table in part because their rounds make so much damage to the hunted animal that it ruins large portions of the animal.  They kill 'em good but that is only a benefit if the killing is for the thrill of killing.

They go bang, bang, bang real fast but that too is a feeling for the Walter Mitty type who is fantasizing his or her  Rambo experience.

Frankly, for those who are transporting diamonds or cash - or planning to rob someone transporting diamonds or cash - having a gun is perfectly reasonable and responsible.  But for the typical 'gun owner' who is doing neither but rather just  walking around with an AR-15  on their shoulder; we all know they are just walking around in a fantasy world.  Frankly, I'd just as soon they not because I know as a matter of fact, the guy standing on the corner of 278 and 92 is just as trucked up in the head as the guy popping oxy. 

There is little logic involved in the whole pro-gun argument. and if you don't see that, then you're blind.

the reason we want buy-back programs is that there are those who are too embarrassed to take their gun back to a gun dealer and just keep the weapon to avoid the dealer who sold them this fantasy in the first place.

pubby

#124 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:59 PM

I think we have also shown that as long the 'church of the 2nd amendment' wants to argue over semantics they are not only not serious about finding a solution, they don't even intend on engaging in an honest discussion.

New gun restrictions are a win for Walmart and Dick’s

https://finance.yaho...-182836884.html

When this was the case, I always wondered why you couldn't by a cd with explicit lyrics or mature video games but you could by an AR-15 at Walmart.

"For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land."- Deuteronomy 15:11

#125 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,917 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

Go ahead, discuss the real causes. Explain why current laws are failing. Explain how all of this can be fixed.

I think he wants to give everyone in America a psychiatric evaluation and I assume put a 24/7 surveillance team on everyone with extreme radical views like homophobes, bigots and racist, religious fanatics paramilitary groups and...you get the jest . Oh, and take up the duties of raising everyone's children, ( I assume that wouldn't include good god fearing Republican conservatives.) just everyone else. Seems like a lot but if everyone keeps their assault  uh 30rd semi automatic deer rifle then it's worth the effort right ? Right ?

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#126 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,515 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:55 PM

I've tried, repeatedly.

But you on the left just want to ban guns.

That is not a stupid response.

You are the one that says this is all mental and there is a 'mental' aspect.

Ever heard of Walter Mitty? 

He is a fictional character in a book that daydreams and fantasizes about what is happening in his life.   As he sits in a parked car, he imagines himself driving at breakneck speed in the Indy 500;  he walks into a bar and he's a bar fighter, he grabs an AR-15 and he's Rambo. 

He's not nuts ... he's just not well connected to reality.

Why do people drive the car they drive?

Some people drive cars like this:

attachicon.gif850spider.JPG

And others drive cars like this:

attachicon.gifpinto.JPG

The plain fact is those who drive the one on top had more accidents and more speeding tickets even though it was a much slower car ... i.e. a  65hp 850cc engine that struggled to get to 80mph vs. the 2.0 liter that was a brick that was 5.5 seconds faster to 60mph.  For the record, the 1974 Pinto's stats', while not earth shattering (1974 Ford Pinto Compare Car 0-60 mph 14.4 | Quarter mile 19.1 is a barn-burner compared to the 1968 Fiat 850 Spider's  0-60 mph 19.9 | Quarter mile 21.4 ).

The most obvious point is that most people who purchase guns do so for an emotional reason. They purchase AR-15s because it makes them feel like Rambo; and makes them feel like they could kill allllll the people they haaaaate.   There is no rationality to the decision to purchase.  These guns aren't really suitable for hunting; for putting food on the table in part because their rounds make so much damage to the hunted animal that it ruins large portions of the animal.  They kill 'em good but that is only a benefit if the killing is for the thrill of killing.

They go bang, bang, bang real fast but that too is a feeling for the Walter Mitty type who is fantasizing his or her  Rambo experience.

Frankly, for those who are transporting diamonds or cash - or planning to rob someone transporting diamonds or cash - having a gun is perfectly reasonable and responsible.  But for the typical 'gun owner' who is doing neither but rather just  walking around with an AR-15  on their shoulder; we all know they are just walking around in a fantasy world.  Frankly, I'd just as soon they not because I know as a matter of fact, the guy standing on the corner of 278 and 92 is just as trucked up in the head as the guy popping oxy. 

There is little logic involved in the whole pro-gun argument. and if you don't see that, then you're blind.

the reason we want buy-back programs is that there are those who are too embarrassed to take their gun back to a gun dealer and just keep the weapon to avoid the dealer who sold them this fantasy in the first place.

pubby

What in the hell are you talking about? 

• lowrider likes this

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

No, pubby; the only thing free speech will destroy are lies. - Guard Dad

#127 Hello Sarah?

Hello Sarah?

Paulding Com member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

Thread closed.

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf

Anyone may nominate another for a bullet
through the report this post button appearing to the left bottom of each post.

If you're crying wolf, or reporting maliciously, you may just get shot yourself...
the popo can get trigger happy when they're over-worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics