126 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

The corporate arm of Dicks Sporting Goods has made a decision to stop selling assault type guns.

The latest victims have a voice and they are using it.

My personal opinion is that these guns should not be available to the general public.

I'm reading that the right is saying that the left wants to ban all guns and I have to ask......where and why did you get this impression? I literally know of no one that wants to ban all guns.
  • juleebella and october like this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#2 cptlo306

cptlo306

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

As a private company they have the right to set their policy on what to sell and to whom (well, unless they are a baker and don't want to bake a certain cake....).  

Some democrat politicians have made statements that they would like to ban all guns.  They are smart enough to not say it often because they know most Americans don't agree but you can be certain that they believe it and would do it in a heartbeat if they could.

• The Sound Guy, El Zorro, lowrider and 1 other like this
This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#3 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

NRA's spokesperson said recently the media loves school shootings. "crying white mothers are golden".  I would say it's the gun manufacturers that love a good mass murder most of all.

http://money.cnn.com...ands/index.html

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#4 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

As a private company they have the right to set their policy on what to sell and to whom (well, unless they are a baker and don't want to bake a certain cake....).  

Some democrat politicians have made statements that they would like to ban all guns.  They are smart enough to not say it often because they know most Americans don't agree but you can be certain that they believe it and would do it in a heartbeat if they could.

I agree that Dicks has the right to run their business as they choose. Not sure that cakes and assault type guns is a good comparison.

I mean this very literally, the only references I hear as to banning guns come from attention whores on the right. They keep repeating and repeating that the right wants to take away their guns. This is not true.
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#5 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

It's both the beauty and the curse of the free market that customers have the right to respond as they wish when a company makes a decision such as this. Either the owner / upper management genuinely thinks this is the right thing to do, or they have taken a chance and made a calculated decision they hope the public will respond positively to. Time will tell how the marketplace reacts.

I noticed that they used the phrase "Assault Type" weapons. I suspect that is because they know that the AR-15 and similar guns are not assault weapons at all, so they were very careful with their language. This leads me to thing that the company is just riding the wave of public emotion in no longer carrying the type of guns. The danger in making such a decision is that in this case, public emotion is partially based on lies. A lot of the public has been incorrectly convinced that the AR-15 is an actual assault rifle with fully-automatic capability.

The real question is: will this decision do anything to reduce mass shootings. I suspect the answer to that is no. A shooter can do the same thing with a semi-automatic deer rifle.

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

No, pubby; the only thing free speech will destroy are lies. - Guard Dad

#6 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

I noticed Academy sports pulled guns and ammunition from their weekly ad. 

The real question is: will this decision do anything to reduce mass shootings. I suspect the answer to that is no. A shooter can do the same thing with a semi-automatic deer rifle.

The real question is will ignoring and doing nothing accomplish anything.  

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#7 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

I agree that Dicks has the right to run their business as they choose. Not sure that cakes and assault type guns is a good comparison.

I mean this very literally, the only references I hear as to banning guns come from attention whores on the right. They keep repeating and repeating that the right wants to take away their guns. This is not true.

Then it would seem that there are lots of Democratic "attention whores" out there.

There are more, but some of the videos have conveniently been removed.

http://gunssavelives...-say-otherwise/

I noticed Academy sports pulled guns and ammunition from their weekly ad. 

The real question is will ignoring and doing nothing accomplish anything.  

If anyone is ignoring the issue it's those on the left who ONLY want to talk about gun control.

• cptlo306 likes this

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

#8 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

If anyone is ignoring the issue it's those on the left who ONLY want to talk about gun control.

That's always your response to every problem isn't it ? Talk about racism and inequality and you're a "pot stirrer". Discuss the problem of gun violence and "you want to take my guns" . Is there any issue you conservatives are willing to talk about besides billionaire tax cuts and those evil poor people ? 

• PUBBY likes this

#9 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

That's always your response to every problem isn't it ? Talk about racism and inequality and you're a "pot stirrer". Discuss the problem of gun violence and "you want to take my guns" . Is there any issue you conservatives are willing to talk about besides billionaire tax cuts and those evil poor people ? 

Nice try, but the record here tells the real truth. Regarding this topic, I have repeatedly tried to start a discussion about the real causes behind these shootings such as mental illness, societal pressures, parenting, etc. But you and the rest of the hard left always turn it back to guns guns guns.

And nothing changes, because the debate continues to be a pissing contest over guns instead of the real causes behind these shootings.

Oh and...way to play the race card in a topic about guns. I guess you just couldn't help yourself.

• The Sound Guy and cptlo306 like this

#10 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

Nice try, but the record here tells the real truth. Regarding this topic, I have repeatedly tried to start a discussion about the real causes behind these shootings such as mental illness, societal pressures, parenting, etc. But you and the rest of the hard left always turn it back to guns guns guns.

And nothing changes, because the debate continues to be a pissing contest over guns instead of the real causes behind these shootings.

Oh and...way to play the race card in a topic about guns. I guess you just couldn't help yourself.

What is the one common denominator between gun violence and mental illness, societal pressure (whatever that has to do with it) and parenting ? And since we can't raise everyone's children or lock up everyone that suffers from a mental problem what do you propose ? 

#11 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,143 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

Secure the schools, protect the children.

• El Zorro, cptlo306, lowrider and 2 others like this
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#12 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

Secure the schools, protect the children.

And the next mass murder will simply move to the playground,bus stop or friday night ball game.

#13 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

What is the one common denominator between gun violence and mental illness, societal pressure (whatever that has to do with it) and parenting ? And since we can't raise everyone's children or lock up everyone that suffers from a mental problem what do you propose ? 

So your fix is to blame it on white kids, huh?

Well, that will fix everything (sarcasm).

Let's just cause more division, more societal pressure, more racial fighting. Yeah, that will make things better (more sarcasm).

#14 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,398 posts

Well, you kind of lost cred in talking about mental illness a few years ago and continuing through to the present when you opposed, among other things, the required coverages contained in Obamacare ... the first and most promising approach to provide funding for mental health services in the nation's history.

I mean seriously, obamacare expanded insurance coverage to literally tens of millions of people and every one of those policies included a mental health component.

Now, of course, the plan for cheap health care championed by the right goes back to offering catastrophic coverage for cancer or major physical injury but strips mental health coverage because, well, no one - especially young people - want to pay for mental health insurance.  What, you calling me crazy???  I'm not paying for that.

The point, your opposition to the comprehensive health care package that was the backbone of obamacare told us any discussion you have regarding mental health care is a discussion tactic designed to change the subject of guns in the wake of gun violence. 

How can I say that?

Well, that is the only time you express any concern about mental health.

So, while the CHIP programs still offer mental health, the state of Georgia under Republican rule prevented extention of medicaid to some 800,000 residents meaning none of those folks were covered for mental health services (these aer people who are have too much to qualify for medicaid but not enough to qualify for even subsidized obamacare ... of course things got worse after the attacks on obabmacare since Trump has come into office with the sole intent of destroying the program ... and replacing it with stripped down, cheap -some say worthless - health plans.

To wit, if providing mental health services was in your mind 'a real problem' we assume you would put your money where your mouth is.

I am not waiting with baited breath for you to  express  any support for government mental health services.

#15 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

OK, Cain

What is your solution? And please explain how it will fix the problem..

#16 cptlo306

cptlo306

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

And the next mass murder will simply move to the playground,bus stop or friday night ball game.

And if you remove so called (incorrectly) 'assault weapons', mass killers will simply move on to handguns, knives, trucks, etc.  Where does blaming the tool end?

• El Zorro and Guard Dad like this
This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#17 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,143 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

OK, Cain

He is not looking for a solution.

He is playing politics, placing blame, and making excuses.

Don't waste your time.

8)

• El Zorro, cptlo306 and Guard Dad like this
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#18 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

Well, you kind of lost cred in talking about mental illness a few years ago and continuing through to the present when you opposed, among other things, the required coverages contained in Obamacare ... the first and most promising approach to provide funding for mental health services in the nation's history.

I mean seriously, obamacare expanded insurance coverage to literally tens of millions of people and every one of those policies included a mental health component.

Now, of course, the plan for cheap health care championed by the right goes back to offering catastrophic coverage for cancer or major physical injury but strips mental health coverage because, well, no one - especially young people - want to pay for mental health insurance.  What, you calling me crazy???  I'm not paying for that.

The point, your opposition to the comprehensive health care package that was the backbone of obamacare told us any discussion you have regarding mental health care is a discussion tactic designed to change the subject of guns in the wake of gun violence. 

How can I say that?

Well, that is the only time you express any concern about mental health.

So, while the CHIP programs still offer mental health, the state of Georgia under Republican rule prevented extention of medicaid to some 800,000 residents meaning none of those folks were covered for mental health services (these aer people who are have too much to qualify for medicaid but not enough to qualify for even subsidized obamacare ... of course things got worse after the attacks on obabmacare since Trump has come into office with the sole intent of destroying the program ... and replacing it with stripped down, cheap -some say worthless - health plans.

To wit, if providing mental health services was in your mind 'a real problem' we assume you would put your money where your mouth is.

I am not waiting with baited breath for you to  express  any support for government mental health services.

Obamacare has not fixed anything. It's only made things worse.

Beyond that, you are once again speculating where I want to "put my money". And as usual, you're wrong.

Typical pubby....you and your minions are getting destroyed with logic and common sense, so you throw out the political spin.

And we still have no meaningful discussion on how to address the real causes of these shootings. Your party means more to you than the lives of children. Your plank on aboooorztion proves that.

#19 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

It's both the beauty and the curse of the free market that customers have the right to respond as they wish when a company makes a decision such as this. Either the owner / upper management genuinely thinks this is the right thing to do, or they have taken a chance and made a calculated decision they hope the public will respond positively to. Time will tell how the marketplace reacts.
I noticed that they used the phrase "Assault Type" weapons. I suspect that is because they know that the AR-15 and similar guns are not assault weapons at all, so they were very careful with their language. This leads me to thing that the company is just riding the wave of public emotion in no longer carrying the type of guns. The danger in making such a decision is that in this case, public emotion is partially based on lies. A lot of the public has been incorrectly convinced that the AR-15 is an actual assault rifle with fully-automatic capability.

If a semi-automatic rifle can do the same as a assault type gun what is all the outcry about?

I often hear that many, many people that support and feel strongly about their second amendment rights say that they would support the concept of banning these assault type rifles.

#20 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

OK, Cain

No one on the left claims that there is a single solution the problem is if any solution involves gun ownership and the right starts screaming "they want my guns".  

And if you remove so called (incorrectly) 'assault weapons', mass killers will simply move on to handguns, knives, trucks, etc.  Where does blaming the tool end?

How long do you think it would take to kill 17 kids with a knife or 58 concert goers from the tenth floor of a hotel with a handgun ?

Edited by CitizenCain, 28 February 2018 - 12:50 PM.

#21 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

ruger.jpg

If a semi-automatic rifle can do the same as a assault type gun what is all the outcry about?

I often hear that many, many people that support and feel strongly about their second amendment rights say that they would support the concept of banning these assault type rifles.

So, which one of these two is an "assault type" rifle?

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

I guess you haven't been to Detroit recently?  Or, Newark or East St.Louis or Gary, IN, or Stockton, CA?

You know, those bastions of liberal Democrat government that have been so successful in attracting wealthy, educated leaders and businesspeople.  Progressive people,  who have uplifted the poorer of their brethren, so their city can be that bright example of how well Socialism works.

#22 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

No one on the left claims that there is a single solution the problem is if any solution involves gun ownership and the right starts screaming "they want my guns".  

I really haven't seen ANY "solutions" from you guys other than to ban or restrict guns.

Do you really think that will help?

#23 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

I am getting the impression that the NRA is losing ground quickly and that speech like the representative from the NRA is only encouraging discord and using politics as a springboard for gun propaganda and untruths.

Let's not forget that these gun manufacturers are private entities and not governmental entities.

We have all watched the militarization of our countries police communities, I do not believe schools should follow suit.

#24 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

I think you answered your own question.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to think that an AR-15 and similar weapons are fully automatic and/or can do things that a deer rifle cannot.

AR-15s are semi-automatic, same as many hunting rifles. There are 30 round magazines available for them, but they are available for many deer rifles too. The only real difference between an AR-15 and semi-automatic deer rifles is that they are a bit lighter and they have a really scawwwy looking metal frame. An AR-15 is not a military weapon, and has never been used by the Armed Forces. It does bear a resemblance to the fully-automatic M-16, but the similarities end there. Granted, the AR-15 has a following because of it's cool looks, but it really won't do anything that a semi-automatic deer rifle won't do.

The media and propaganda from the hard left has convinced segments of the public that the AR-15 is something it is not.

• mrshoward likes this

#25 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

attachicon.gifruger.jpg

Both.

Definition of assault rifle
any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire; also a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

#26 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

attachicon.gifruger.jpg

So.....which ones of the 17 young people were murdered by a assault type rifle?

#27 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Both.

any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire; also a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

Hahahaha

Whoever wrote that is an idiot

#28 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

Hahahaha

Whoever wrote that is an idiot

https://www.merriam-...y/assault rifle

• PUBBY likes this

#29 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,398 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

What we see from the right is that we need to make sure that everyone has and exercises their right to bear arms (including the criminals and crazies if we keep background checks to a minimum and include the informal distribution system mediated by stolen weapons and underground markets) our main task, since we make killing machines, is to make even better killer machines.

What is the best killing machine?   The one that kills more of the target in less time.

Let me post a hypothetical.

Lets say there is a breakthrough in pure energy weapons ... think the phaser of Star Trek fame.

This weapon can stun, kill or deliver such a charge of energy that ti would cause a solid block of metal to heat and  literally explode in a fusillade of shrapnel capable fo destroying a tank or armored car or bust open a bank vault. It is the size of a typical handgun.

Is ownership of this hyper-weapon a right covered by the 2nd amendment of the Constitution?

pubby

#30 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

Using semantics as an argument on this issue is pretty much like hearding cats.

You can be assured that the definition of "assault type" guns will be crystal clear once the outcry, which by the way, is from the right and the left, overpowers the senseless sales of these type of weapons to the general public.

There is still a lot of work to be done on this issue. But again, no one want to take away your guns.

#31 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Both.

So.....which ones of the 17 young people were murdered by a assault type rifle?

Maybe both of you ought to just keep your hands off the keyboard.   Because you are just displaying (again) your ignorance.

Pictured is a Ruger Mini-14.   Its' a carbine style hunting rifle.  

That "scary looking one" on the top is the exact same gun, with a metal/fiberglass stock instead of a pretty wood one.  Fires the same exact round,  one round per trigger squeeze.   That folding stock makes the Ruger as much of an "assault weapon" as a wing on a Honda Civic makes it a race car.  

• El Zorro, Guard Dad and radiohead like this

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

I guess you haven't been to Detroit recently?  Or, Newark or East St.Louis or Gary, IN, or Stockton, CA?

You know, those bastions of liberal Democrat government that have been so successful in attracting wealthy, educated leaders and businesspeople.  Progressive people,  who have uplifted the poorer of their brethren, so their city can be that bright example of how well Socialism works.

#32 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Maybe both of you ought to just keep your hands off the keyboard.   Because you are just displaying (again) your ignorance.

That "scary looking one" on the top is the exact same gun, with a metal/fiberglass stock instead of a pretty wood one.  Fires the same exact round,  one round per trigger squeeze.   That folding stock makes the Ruger as much of an "assault weapon" as a wing on a Honda Civic makes it a race car.

Maybe you should refine your ability to have a conversation without name calling or insults. Who knows, it might lead to something productive.

#33 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

Both of these definitions calls certain guns assault rifles simply because they LOOK like a military weapon.

Honestly...how logical is that?

Let's ban Jeeps because they look like (and actually were) military vehicles. Hummers too. We cannot tolerate assault vehicles on the road!

I reckon we need to ban camo too. Can't have assault clothing available to the public.

• mrshoward and cptlo306 like this

#34 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

Any hunter that needs a 20 or 30 rd magazine to kill a deer has no business being left alone out in the woods.

post-9745-0-77733900-1519840356_thumb.jp

#35 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Any hunter that needs a 20 or 30 rd magazine to kill a deer has no business being left alone out in the woods.

post-9745-0-77733900-1519840356_thumb.jp

I tend to agree. We could ban large magazines, but will that stop the underground market from manufacturing them? Nope.

So once again, we have no solution and things stay the same.

This looks like a military weapon, so we simply must ban it!!!

il_fullxfull.414589152_m4yz.jpg

BTW, it's a squirt gun.

• cptlo306 likes this

#36 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

I tend to agree. We could ban large magazines, but will that stop the underground market from manufacturing them? Nope.

We could make doing 60 mph in a school zone illegal but will that stop every idiot from speeding ? Nope.

#37 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,398 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

So once again, we have no solution and things stay the same.

Actually, if you outlaw the larger magazines, possession of such magazines even being observed casually can invoke police scrutiny and arrest. The large magazine need not even be attached to the gun to invoke the scrutiny and finding one in a backpack would subject the 'possessor' to immediate arrest.  Heck, I bet even dogs would call the law on his neighbor if, in addition to a large magazine, his neighbor had garbage in his yard.

pubby

#38 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

We could make doing 60 mph in a school zone illegal but will that stop every idiot from speeding ? Nope.

And banning certain weapons will work just as well as how making drugs illegal has gotten them off the street.

Now that we agree, can we please start to address some real solutions? And demand that our elected officials do the same?

Actually, if you outlaw the larger magazines, possession of such magazines even being observed casually can invoke police scrutiny and arrest. The large magazine need not even be attached to the gun to invoke the scrutiny and finding one in a backpack would subject the 'possessor' to immediate arrest.  Heck, I bet even dogs would call the law on his neighbor if, in addition to a large magazine, his neighbor had garbage in his yard.

pubby

It should work at least as well as outlawing drugs has.

#39 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

And banning certain weapons will work just as well as how making drugs illegal has gotten them off the street.

Now that we agree, can we please start to address some real solutions? And demand that our elected officials do the same?

It should work at least as well as outlawing drugs has.

Australia hasn't had a fatal mass shooting since 1996. Here's what it did

Twenty-two years ago, just weeks after the deadliest and last fatal mass shooting in Australia's history, the country's then-Prime Minister John Howard made it clear: Australia will not be like the United States.

https://www.usatoday...-did/340345002/

#40 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Australia hasn't had a fatal mass shooting since 1996. Here's what it did

Twenty-two years ago, just weeks after the deadliest and last fatal mass shooting in Australia's history, the country's then-Prime Minister John Howard made it clear: Australia will not be like the United States.

https://www.usatoday...-did/340345002/

Totally different culture.

We all need to realize that we have cultural problems here. Too many groups fighting with each other.

And most of it is caused by politics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics