Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gpatt0n

Early morning fire devastates Greystone Subdivision - dozen homes damaged

UPDATE:
Aboveis a video of the intensity of thefire taken by a PCSO deputy and provided to the press.

Authorities now reportfour homestotally destroyed, two home with major damage,14additional homes suffered varying degrees ofheat/smoke damage.  One minor injury,presumably a sprained ankle, was reported by ahomeowner and no fire department personnel wereinjured. The Red Cross has an ongoing disasteroperation and is currently providing aid tothreefamilies.  

Early morning firedevastatesGreystone Subdivision, damaging and destroying 13 homesonRosemont Court

Paulding CountyFire and Rescue (PCF&R) reports that atleast four homes have been destroyed, two others severelydamaged and at least seven other homes damaged by theintense heat and flames from an early morning fire onRosemont Court in Hiram.

Rosemont Court is the road furthest from Bill CarruthParkway in the Greystone subdivision located south of theNew Paulding Hospital on Bill Carruth just north of thePaulding Movie Studio.

Lt. Steve Mapes of the PCF&R said crews arestill operating on the scene and no cause for the firsthasbeen determined.  Mapes said more information will beforthcoming but made no comment regarding injuries.

hiramfire1.jpg

hiramfire1.jpg

hiramfire1.jpg
Click for RECENTTOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENTTOPICS

That's always been one of my concerns with PRDs built on the Northern model. The homes are so dang close to each other that fire has very little trouble jumping from home to home.

• Like 4

LR passed this on in another topic about the fire here.

This morning, the area of Rosemont Court in the Greystone Subdivision suffered from multiple house fires. Our investigators as well as Paulding County Fire/Rescue & State Fire investigators are still on scene investigating what occurred. At this time there are multiple houses damaged from the fires. There were no injuries or fatalities.

We have opened our Community Center located at 217 Main Street directly behind the Police Department for anyone affected by the house fires. Paulding County Emergency Management Agency, American Red Cross and our department Chaplain will be at the Community Center to assist anyone affected by this incident.

All media request should be directed to the Paulding Fire Rescue Public Information Officer.

Thanks LR... and Fire911 ... (There was nothing on the site when I started editing/sizing the photos for the fastread page report.)

Anyone else seeing the second paragraph in some weird Russian looking font? Or has this PC finally lost it.

If I cut and paste it, it comes out in normal English in text.

Anyone else seeing the second paragraph in some weird Russian looking font? Or has this PC finally lost it.

If I cut and paste it, it comes out in normal English in text.

It's that way for me too. The font-family of the text is set to 'symbol' when it should be not set or some other font like times.

It's that way for me too. The font-family of the text is set to 'symbol' when it should be not set or some other font like times.

Shhhhh.... that's a message from the mother ship for Pubby's eyes only.

• Like 2

Anyone know of a list of "immediate needs?" Sizes of clothing/shoes, so on and so forth?? I have toiletries I can gather up for the families. I'll be cross posting this. Please advise if you know of such list or postings.

I suspect that was a font substitution that didn't work out on your individual computers. I didn't notice it when I cut and pasted from the original pdf provided by the FD because I had the complete font. I noticed that the story had various fonts in it and chose to edit by placing a standard font that should be installed on all computers. It was a style issue that I didn't anticipate.

pubby

I suspect that was a font substitution that didn't work out on your individual computers. I didn't notice it when I cut and pasted from the original pdf provided by the FD because I had the complete font. I noticed that the story had various fonts in it and chose to edit by placing a standard font that should be installed on all computers. It was a style issue that I didn't anticipate.

pubby

Well, you must admit it was amusing.

Just for sheeze and giggles, you should randomly post stories with bits here and there in foreign languages. See if anyone notices. LOL

Well, you must admit it was amusing.

Just for sheeze and giggles, you should randomly post stories with bits here and there in foreign languages. See if anyone notices. LOL

That actually could be fun. (I wonder how many actual languages exist in google translate.)

You might check the spoilers I post in the future.

pubby

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.