15 replies to this topic

#1 COWA

COWA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:05 PM

63 people arrested for an ounce of marijuana?

"For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land."- Deuteronomy 15:11

#2 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

I thought they later dropped charges and freed them?

#3 cptlo306

cptlo306

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

In a news release sent to Channel 2 Action News on Tuesday, police said they obtained a warrant and found two stolen guns, marijuana individually packaged and several smoking devices throughout most of the first-floor rooms. Individually packaged suspected cocaine and cocaine-related paraphernalia were also located upon initial contact with multiple subjects, the release said.

http://www.wsbtv.com...party/674439253

This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#4 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

All these individual packages, were they possibly on individuals? Or was it stated that way so that in your head when you read "individually packaged" you automatically also hear "for sale" tacked onto the end.

Edited by Blunt Trauma, 16 February 2018 - 04:12 PM.

• rednekkhikkchikk likes this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#5 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:24 AM

Isnt this an old old story?

• Brian and mrshoward like this

#6 JYD

JYD

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:13 AM

It is very old and I disagree with releasing all of them. If there was illegal firearms, illegal drugs and NOBODY knew whose it was--- Lock them all up.

• tbird and Mrs G like this

#7 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,916 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

I don't care how old it is. I'm old, and if you don't like me walk around me. 

An ounce of marijuana is no reason for cops to get their panties in a wad like this, in the first place. Hell, it's legal in some places.    

Edited by The Postman, 16 February 2018 - 11:37 AM.

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#8 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

Yes , absolutely! Everybody at a party should absolutely be held responsible to know what everybody else at the party has on them.

I also believe that if you stop by a tailgate party before a game and a couple of guys there are off to the front of the truck sipping something out of an old fruit jar.... Yes sir, everybody there would need to go for distributing illegal liquor. And oh yeah, Clyde has that fancy new AR under the seat of the truck your standing next to. He bought it off Billy who got it from that sketchy guy he met. When they find the gun with that liquor, well let's get the wagon down here.

• rednekkhikkchikk and CitizenCain like this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#9 JYD

JYD

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

TP if the police come in, smell mary jane, ask whose is it and nobody claims it-- call a bus and take them all in. That is the current Georgia law and it may be legal somewhere else but not here.
  • Mrs G likes this

#10 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

And that's why the state can't build prisons or farm out prisoners to a profit based private system fast enough. That right there.

• The Postman, rednekkhikkchikk and CitizenCain like this

#11 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,916 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

TP if the police come in, smell mary jane, ask whose is it and nobody claims it-- call a bus and take them all in. That is the current Georgia law and it may be legal somewhere else but not here.

LEO getting all bent out of shape over an ounce of mary jane is like pigs running all over each other after some slop. 

Many medical professionals are realizing the benefits of mary jane, while LEO keeps their A$$ on the go trying to collect profit from the obsolete identification of mary jane as a dangerous drug.  

Edited by The Postman, 16 February 2018 - 08:00 PM.

• Mrs G likes this
"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#12 krwills

krwills

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

They rented the house within a mile of the Bartow County Sheriff's office, but it was in City of Cartersville jurisdiction. They had no area to park in the subdivision. The poor neighbors were VERY tolerant, but the aroma was overwhelming the entire area,

It was on the main road that both City of Cartersville and Bartow County officers use constantly.

Stupidity is not a crime, but sometimes it should be. ROFL

The postings you may read may not always be the thoughts of both owners..

Posted Image

#13 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,916 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Sounds like those cops were pretty stupid, krw! Hauling in 63 people for going to a party while only an ounce of stuff, which is legal in some states, was found. 

Cops are so stupid, now days, that they think their policy is the law in a lot of cases Getting that bent out of shape, over an ounce of marijuana, is a wast of tax payer moneys.   

#14 JYD

JYD

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:31 PM

So TP if it is an oz it is OK so how much do you think it needs to be to be illegal. The law says none but do you think a pound, 5 pounds a trunk load ????

#15 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

I'm good with all you can carry.

• The Postman and CitizenCain like this

#16 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,916 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

Alcohol is a more dangerous drug than marijuana. Even meth, and cocaine, is more dangerous than marijuana, but while marijuana is a schedule 1 narcotic, meth and cocaine are both schedule 2 narcotics. 

Screwed up BS, is what I call it.   

• COWA likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics