#1 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

What would you do about it?

The same fully marked up, almost certainly a rental, 20+ ft. u-haul truck driving into the same location for a month or better. No visible loading or unloading being done. Sometimes sitting still for a couple of days. Said location having been a center of suspicious activity for an extended period, but apparently empty for a week to ten days. The parking of said truck having moved more an more to the less visible parts of the property.

Still wondering if anybody down to the courthouse ever cruises by here anymore. What with the lawsuit and airport talk dieing down.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#2 mimosaflower

mimosaflower

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

One time I saw on the ID channel (true crime) there was a rental truck that was parked forna long time. There was a dead body in it and the homeowner was "storing" it. Ifmyou watchmthe ID channel like me you begin to think everything looks suspect.
  • lowrider likes this

#3 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,199 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

if it raises your hairs, it's probably worth a bit of investigation.

8)

• lowrider and Dana like this
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#4 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

It ain't parked for more than a couple of days. In and out, mostly back in the evening. Gone for a few days and then back and parked out of sight. The fact that it's the same truck is the hair raiser. Even if you're renting their truck to work out of (which is prohibitively expensive over an extended period), they will want to see that truck after a while. Keeping it and letting it sit for a couple days at a time while paying by the day is a chin scratcher too. Involving a property on the sheriffs radar. That's about all the investigation I'm gonna do.

I would just assume that since every county department that handles misuse and abuse is aware of this place..... Just hoping one might have seen some pictures they'd recognize round about here. If they're ever thru here anymore that is. They were at one time, least it sure seemed so.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#5 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,805 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

It ain't parked for more than a couple of days. In and out, mostly back in the evening. Gone for a few days and then back and parked out of sight. The fact that it's the same truck is the hair raiser. Even if you're renting their truck to work out of (which is prohibitively expensive over an extended period), they will want to see that truck after a while. Keeping it and letting it sit for a couple days at a time while paying by the day is a chin scratcher too. Involving a property on the sheriffs radar. That's about all the investigation I'm gonna do.

I would just assume that since every county department that handles misuse and abuse is aware of this place..... Just hoping one might have seen some pictures they'd recognize round about here. If they're ever thru here anymore that is. They were at one time, least it sure seemed so.

Get the tag number and any U-Haul ID on the truck and call U-Haul and ask them if it's stolen.. 

• Dana likes this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#6 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

Get the tag number and any U-Haul ID on the truck and call U-Haul and ask them if it's stolen..

Gonna need binoculars I ain't got, but a good idea.

#7 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

Phone the LEO to send someone over to check it out. They can get in contact with U-Haul.

• Dana likes this

#8 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

Not always a rental.  People buy those trucks at auction and turn them into work trucks.  U-Haul doesn't remove the markings.  

• The Postman likes this

#9 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

I'm always suspicious.  Of pretty much everything.  And everybody.

• lowrider and Dana like this
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

#10 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,769 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

don't you live in my area? lol   i need to keep up with you... so i will know what is going on in the area... lol  

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#11 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

don't you live in my area? lol   i need to keep up with you... so i will know what is going on in the area... lol  

Yes I do. Yes you should. Not always this nosey but this one already had my attention.

• Lady Raider likes this

#12 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:48 AM

The good-old-boys may not want you sticking your nose into something they want to let fly, B T! Don't pull out the ordinance codebook on those boys. That codebook is only used to keep you in line; not them. 

Edited by The Postman, 09 February 2018 - 10:49 AM.

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#13 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,805 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

:ninja:

List Price: $89.95 Price: $59.95 FREE ShippingDetails You Save: $30.00 (33%)  :ph34r:

• The Postman and Jamie Weaver like this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#14 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

List Price: $89.95 Price: $59.95 & FREE ShippingDetails You Save: $30.00 (33%)  :ph34r:

Skymaster!

If ones ever been pointed at the sky, it's because the wingnut on the tripod worked loose overnight.

• CitizenCain likes this

#15 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

List Price: $89.95 Price: $59.95 & FREE ShippingDetails You Save: $30.00 (33%)  :ph34r:

B T just needs to do some legwork, CC! He thinks the good-old-boys should just give themselves up to some actual law when there is one of E Z's mechanism's at large 

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics