5 replies to this topic

#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,146 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

We've known for literally decades that roughly one in four septic tanks fail.  There are complete subdivisions where half the septic tanks have failed. Considering that the vast majority of homes in Paulding are on septic, we would be a perfect place for application of the following innovation.

Just cruising 'round the Internet, I ran across this repurposing trick that apparently is taking hold in the EU, Australia and I guess Canada.  It involves taking the IBC totes one can buy for about $75/ea and, for under a $1000, turning a series of them into an actual sewage water treatment system from the sewer line exiting a house all the way through grey water reuse.

Watch the video.

I am curious if anyone has sought to use such as system or whether the county would even permit such a system. Seems logical, economical and much better than letting the stink rise.  If the county isn't using this 'basic science' in action, why not?

pubby

#2 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:53 AM

We've known for literally decades that roughly one in four septic tanks fail.  There are complete subdivisions where half the septic tanks have failed. Considering that the vast majority of homes in Paulding are on septic, we would be a perfect place for application of the following innovation.

Just cruising 'round the Internet, I ran across this repurposing trick that apparently is taking hold in the EU, Australia and I guess Canada.  It involves taking the IBC totes one can buy for about $75/ea and, for under a $1000, turning a series of them into an actual sewage water treatment system from the sewer line exiting a house all the way through grey water reuse.

Watch the video.

I am curious if anyone has sought to use such as system or whether the county would even permit such a system. Seems logical, economical and much better than letting the stink rise.  If the county isn't using this 'basic science' in action, why not?

pubby

I read an article many years ago about Chinese farmers using methane to cook, heat and light their huts. They used earthenware jars and tubing to utilize the methane. I can't understand why it is not used as power plants for farms or captured from our own backyard sewage systems. We know it is bad for the ozone layer. Renewables just are not popular here. There are a lot of smart people using renewables that they have created at home. They are somewhat secretive about it. It is interesting that we pay for so much water just to flush and clean with then just allow it to perk away. Then we spend even more to water our lawns and gardens.

The only way we will change is in a crisis. I actually tried to talk my son into becoming an engineer so we could create cool things like this for our own use. 

• rednekkhikkchikk and ivylove like this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#3 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,681 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

Paulding County officials would shut an innovative person down, immediately. Even in Cherokee County, I have to have a high fence around the back of my property. But, they still fly over with helicopters. I guess I'm just lucky that some of my innovations have gone undetected. 

I never learned how to be one of the good-old-boys, and it has caused me a lot of problems. 

I use a smaller version of Pubby's design (in the video) on my small fish pond. It's a little different because I use plastic barrels that I get from a company that sells them cheap. My pond water stays clean, and the first barrel is the only one I have to empty now and then. 

If I was a younger man, I would be living off the grid, because I have never appreciated being told what to do, and how to live.      

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#4 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

When I was young we didn't need no fancy dancy sewage systems and we liked it !  :aggressive:

• The Postman and ivylove like this

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,146 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

come on CC:  You know you had a slop pot in the house for those 20-degree mornings.

pubby

#6 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,681 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

come on CC:  You know you had a slop pot in the house for those 20-degree mornings.

pubby

It was embarrassing when you had two noisey sisters making fun of you stinking up the house, Pubby!   

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics