2 replies to this topic

#1 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,691 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

I've been wondering about the Amtrack train, and all the wrecks it gets involved in. I also know that we have a lot of faith in Chinese technology. That is where our money goes when we want the best.

Our Amtrack train has a top speed of 150 mph, but is dangerous at that speed. 

Nevertheless, the Chinese travel twice that speed, and experiences a lot less wreckage. 

It's no wonder we like Chinese stuff. 

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#2 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

Not all trains are created equal. :)  Some are far safer.  I like safer, myself! 

While I am nervous about high speed or driverless trains, maglev might be the safest, in spite of what happened in this video.

Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#3 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,691 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:42 PM

Not all trains are created equal. :)  Some are far safer.  I like safer, myself! 

While I am nervous about high speed or driverless trains, maglev might be the safest, in spite of what happened in this video.

Our oil companies make more money than the Chinese, and another high-speed train developing countries while holding technology back in the United States, Ivy!

Decil engines power an electric system for the Amtrac train to run on. Big oil, in this country, is going to get their share of sell no matter what. 

Edited by The Postman, 07 February 2018 - 06:43 PM.

• ivylove likes this
"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics