Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Warning, Would You Leave Your Kids Alone in a Store? Really Alone!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AustinPlantation

AustinPlantation

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Re-posting as a warning ,a post I saw on Facebook. What would you do???

So my wife goes to a wine store yesterday. When she went in the door a little girl looked up at her and said,

"where's my daddy?" I guess daddy walked off with the store clerk to inspect something. My wife said he was nowhere nearby. That kind of stuff bothers me. I don't trust people enough to let my kids stroll too far from my sight. Glad my wife found that little girl and not some sicko predator.

• The Postman and ivylove like this
Mel
-------------------------------------------------------
An optomist may not get there any faster, but he'll enjoy the trip more If you believe you can, you can --- and if you can't, at least you believed you could!

#2 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

Dude I totally agree. Unfortunately the uneducated have out bred the educated.

• lowrider and Stiff like this

#3 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,940 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

This father should never take his eyes off his daughter. The sheer amount of children and young adults that are brought into sex trafficking monthly is very disturbing. In any given month, around 12,400 people in Georgia are bought and sold into trafficking. Around 100 teen girls are sexually exploited each night in Georgia, and generally, it occurs around three times a night, per victim.

http://www.crimeonli...-all-time-high/

Edited by The Postman, 07 February 2018 - 06:08 PM.

• ivylove likes this
"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#4 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,769 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

my boys were NEVER out of my site in a store,  park,  ect and i  NEVER left them in the car while i ran in to grab something or pay for gas at store... NEVER 

• The Postman, lowrider and ivylove like this
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#5 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,886 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

22 years working in a grocery store and I can't tell you the number of times I've seen kids wandering alone, left alone in a buggy,  INFANTS left unattended in a buggy, kids standing up in the seat part of the buggy with it about to tip over and no parent around, purse's left OPEN and alone in a buggy while the woman is off looking at something........honestly, it's a wonder there aren't more crimes in stores.

• Brian, lowrider and october like this

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#6 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,393 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

I see kids wandering by themselves from time to time. I always stay close by until a parent shows up. Sometimes I’ve had to help them find their mom. I don’t get it. I have grandchildren I never, ever leave hem alone.

And I’ve let my daughter and my oldest grandson know that Atlanta is the main artery for sex trafficking. No young person is immune from being kidnapped and becoming a sex salve.
  • The Postman and Brian like this

#7 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

I am not taking up for the dad in the OP's post. But it reminded me of how I trained my son not to walk away when I was looking at things in the store. He was the worse. He was about 4 yrs long past the age when a child should be minding a parent. Every chance he got he snuck off in the store. I couldn't concentrate for watching him. He climbed out of the buggy constantly.

It had been a particularly trying day. He was, as usual, doing his own thing as dad and I shopped. I had finally had enough, His dad was just turning to drag him back when I caught his hand and said I'm done let him go.

I told my husband to follow me. We moved over to where he could no longer see us if he turned around. We proceeded to hide and watch. After about 5 minutes he starts looking and looking and looking. We had an eye on him the entire time. All of a sudden you could see him very panicked, looking around. He opens his mouth to scream and has a full-fledged panic attack. Loses his breath falls on the floor and turns blue. 

From that day on I never had to worry about him wandering away in a store, he was glue, never took his eyes off me in any public place.

That may seem horrible and cruel to some. I never did anything near as bad to my kids as what they would have suffered as consequences in the big bad world. that is what parents reluctant to discipline don't seem to realize. The tragedy is when kids suffer the very worse consequences of the reluctance to discipline.

• The Postman and lowrider like this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#8 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,807 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

It's sad the way kids have to grow up these days. I remember growing up my mom would tell me "Go outside and play" the only rule being be inside when the street lights come on. 

411+tiGWtJL._AC_US200_.jpg

Mommy's Helper Kid Keeper,

About the product
  • Reduces any fears a parent or child might have in being separated
  • Patented harness is fully supported by the child’s torso - not the sensitive lower stomach area
  • The double swivel snap design of the Kid Keeper can be used to secure the child to high chairs, grocery carts or other seats

Edited by CitizenCain, 09 February 2018 - 01:04 PM.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics