4 replies to this topic

#1 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

Y'all were good enough to try and help me out with some recommendations, so I'll share a secret with you. I hesitate to do this cause once you try it you'll buy it all up from me. Disclaimer: This only applies if you like a vinegar based sauce like North Carolina BBQ. They have this kind of sauce at Happy Hawg if you ask for it. 

It's available at Ingles, in my neighborhood store its in the fresh meat section below the "butcher" display case, never looked for it in another grocery. The name is Brookwood Farms and its actually a small chain of bbq joints in NC that did a distribution deal. They use it as a loss leader so its on sale pretty much every month for $4.99 a pound tub. Vacuum sealed and keeps in the frig for extended period, so its handy to break out when you're up against it. Prep, frig to table, is 5 minutes. This stuff is some kinda good. Smokey meat and a killer sauce. It's better than most, I said most not all don't shoot me, joints around here. They have a sweeter tomato sauce but I've never tried it. 

Stop by HH in top of the ridge and pick you up some brunswick stew. Ask'em for as much Hawg Sauce as they'll give you with the stew if you're cheap like me, or they sell it by the cup and pint I believe if you aren't. Try a little of that on this meat. Man o man o man. Found that out by accident. This stuff is good enough by itself that it doesn't need any extra sauce.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#2 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

Son works at Ingles.   If I *ever* get over this GI bug (in the middle of week 4 now) I'll have to have him pick some up.

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#3 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

Son works at Ingles.   If I *ever* get over this GI bug (in the middle of week 4 now) I'll have to have him pick some up.

You got a GI bug and you're thinking about BBQ? You sir are made of sterner stuff.
  • lowrider likes this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#4 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:55 AM

You got a GI bug and you're thinking about BBQ? You sir are made of sterner stuff.

I'm (hopefully) in the final stages of recovery.    Last Monday, I couldn't make myself drink water, much less *think* about any kind of food.  I'm on a "bland" diet now, trying one more time to get everything to reset.   

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#5 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

That was my first thought, too.  Had that bug last year.  Nothing to play around with.

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics