Paulding.com

Trump plans to fire Mueller next week.

Newsweek is reporting sources that claim Trump is planning to fire Special Council Robert Mueller while congress is away on Christmas vacation. I wouldn't put it past our reality show president to have floated the rumor himself to see how it flies and because he craves attention and drama. But if he does goes through with a Nixon Saturday night massacre 2.0 will the Republicans ignore it the way they ignored and supported the pedophile from Alabama or will they suddenly find they do have a conscience after all ?

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-fire-mueller-next-week-750432?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=yahoo_news&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news

I hadn't heard that he had been tried and convicted. Man, the justice system acts fast in Alabama.

He hasn't been tried or convicted but the accusations are credible. Especially considering the guy was actually banned from a mall. But by all means Republicans should give him the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't dare extend to someone on the opposite side of the aisle.

He hasn't been tried or convicted but the accusations are credible. Especially considering the guy was actually banned from a mall. But by all means Republicans should give him the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't dare extend to someone on the opposite side of the aisle.

I agree that some of the accusations are credible but as you mentioned, he hasn't been convicted in a court of law. Good thing I'm not a republican...I think he should have dropped out before the election. It takes someone special to push Alabama to vote for a democrat senator and he did it (sadly).

I don't think he should fire Mueller but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

• Like 1

I agree that some of the accusations are credible but as you mentioned, he hasn't been convicted in a court of law. Good thing I'm not a republican...I think he should have dropped out before the election. It takes someone special to push Alabama to vote for a democrat senator and he did it (sadly). :rofl:

I don't think he should fire Mueller but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

You're not a Republican ....

You just get sad when a Democrat is elected ?

The Trump Administration has banned words that the CDC can use so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he tried to fire Mueller. I still can't believe people actually voted for this guy.

I can't believe that people fall for this obviously fake news...

:nea:

Do you have proof that it's fake news?

Hell no. "Fake News" is the Right's new WMD that they now lob every time they find themselves backed into a corner with no other way out. It's the equivalent of a grammar school kid's "I'm rubber you're glue" or "It takes one to know one".

Here's a list of Trump latest "fake news' or as we use to call it lies.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-denies-knowing-women-met-133248654.html

Edited by CitizenCain

Do you have proof that it's fake news?

That's not how this works... the onus is on the one making the claim to provide proof of veracity.

Where is the evidence that the Trump administration banned the CDC from using those words ? ? ?

"A wise man once said that you should never believe a thing simply because you want to believe it."

:search:

Edited by mrshoward

That's not how this works... the onus is on the one making the claim to provide proof of veracity.

Where is the evidence that the Trump administration banned the CDC from using those words ? ? ?

"A wise man once said that you should never believe a thing simply because you want to believe it."

:search:

:D :D :D

Literally every news organization on both sides is reporting that it happened. So again I will ask if you have info to the contrary of what everyone else is reporting. Obviously I don't work for the White House or the CDC so I have to rely on what is being reported. I would be open to information disputing those reports but I haven't seen any yet.

I want to believe it's not true because of the absurdity, but at this point I don't put anything past this administration.

:D :D :D

Literally every news organization on both sides is reporting that it happened. So again I will ask if you have info to the contrary of what everyone else is reporting. Obviously I don't work for the White House or the CDC so I have to rely on what is being reported. I would be open to information disputing those reports but I haven't seen any yet.

I want to believe it's not true because of the absurdity, but at this point I don't put anything past this administration.

Now pay attention to exactly what they are reporting, not just the sensational headline :

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/health/cdc-trump-banned-words.html?_r=0

Where is the proof or evidence that the "Trump administration banned words at the CDC" ? ? ?

I read numerous reports on this story and cannot find anything that supports the above claim...

8)

Now pay attention to exactly what they are reporting, not just the sensational headline :

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/health/cdc-trump-banned-words.html?_r=0

Where is the proof or evidence that the "Trump administration banned words at the CDC" ? ? ?

I read numerous reports on this story and cannot find anything that supports the above claim...

8)

Then again you guys don't believe Trump ever lied or sexually assaulted a woman or that Roy Moore ever chased after little girls.

:wacko:

FIFY.

On the word banning episode; let me guess!

Your defense is that Trump lacks the intellectual ability to use the words banned - they aren't in his vocabulary - so the institutions so ordered were doing so in order that the commander in chief could understand what was being said without going to sleep. Yeah, now it makes sense.

pubby

Hell no. "Fake News" is the Right's new WMD that they now lob every time they find themselves backed into a corner with no other way out. It's the equivalent of a grammar school kid's "I'm rubber you're glue" or "It takes one to know one".

Here's a list of Trump latest "fake news' or as we use to call it lies.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-denies-knowing-women-met-133248654.html

Just a piece of advice...

You shouldn't get onto someone for claiming fake news, and then post a link from Yahoo.

While Yahoo might have a decent search engine, their "news" is absolute trash.

• Like 1

Just a piece of advice...

You shouldn't get onto someone for claiming fake news, and then post a link from Yahoo.

While Yahoo might have a decent search engine, their "news" is absolute trash.

The article Einstein, was written by Associated Press Yahoo only serves as a link. BTW I value your advice about as much as I would a case of the run's.

The article Einstein, was written by Associated Press Yahoo only serves as a link. BTW I value your advice about as much as I would a case of the run's.

Do you have any ideas you've poo poo'd articles I've posted that were originally written by AP?

You aren't interested in the truth, only in articles that appear to validate your hatred.

But that's fine. The Democrat's loyal sheeple are destroying the party. People are seeing how hateful the Democrats are and they are turned off by it.

Folks - The American media is corrupt. Since going 24/7 they make up sensational crap to fill n the gaps between real news, and they sell their agenda to the highest bidder.

The sooner each of us, Republican Democrat or other, realizes this and stops allowing the media to control out thoughts, the sooner we can begin to take our country back.

Or you can continue to buy into their lies, but that makes you part of the problem.

They are not banned. They can use them all they want. When their funding is cut they only have themselves to blame. This is not an isolated incident. Department heads that want to keep their jobs aren't talking to media about a lot of bizarre incidents.

There is no limit to the collective lowering of the IQ in America's government. A certain segment of the population is cheering because it is being brought down to a level they can understand. They not only have a president that can't use big words, he won't allow the federal government to do so either.

Every week we are dished up another plate of stupid to try and gag down. :bad:

• Like 3

If their was ever any doubt that Trump would use the office to enrich himself last minute changes to the tax bill should erase any doubts.

The Corker Kickback:

“Republican congressional leaders and real estate moguls could be personally enriched by a real-estate-related provision GOP lawmakers slipped into the final tax bill released Friday evening, according to experts interviewed by International Business Times. The legislative language was not part of previous versions of the bill and was added despite ongoing conflict-of-interest questions about the intertwining real estate interests and governmental responsibilities of President Donald Trump—the bill’s chief proponent.

https://www.indyweek.com/news/archives/2017/12/18/the-corker-kickback-how-one-senators-going-to-make-a-mint-off-the-gops-tax-reform-bill

No need, just find another opinion piece to backup your position.

Oh, you're also the content police here now?

You tell people you disagree with to go post somewhere else, and you alone determines which sites are allowable. DOes that about cover it?

So go ahead and explain why we should exclude capital intensive flow through firms from tax relief ? ? ?

I'll wait right here...

8)

You should probably use words she understands next time.

Folks - The American media is corrupt. Since going 24/7 they make up sensational crap to fill n the gaps between real news, and they sell their agenda to the highest bidder.

The sooner each of us, Republican Democrat or other, realizes this and stops allowing the media to control out thoughts, the sooner we can begin to take our country back.

Or you can continue to buy into their lies, but that makes you part of the problem.

I actually agree that ALL the media are corrupt to one degree or another. While you except Fox News, brietbart, prisonplanet, etc. from the evil media, I recognize that all the media are self-promoting and self-serving entities. And yes there are instances of failure of all the media brands.

Still, as Thomas Jefferson once wrote and I personalize, I would rather have the media and no government than government and no media.

The ultimate truth is that no matter how you twist things (and Fox twists them a lot) nothing can make racism, misogyny, ethnocentrism, ignorance, corruption and lying and cheating right.

Having been a part of the media, I recognize that there is an objective truth and while the best of the media may only get a B grade, you don't have to follow the one's that not only begin with an "F" but earn an "F" ... if you get my meaning.

So go ahead and explain why we should exclude capital intensive flow through firms from tax relief ? ? ?

I'll wait right here...

8)

I'm still trying to grasp why Wall street commissions get to be counted as 'carried interest' payments that are taxed at roughly half that of regular income and why, after Trump said not once, but dozens of times, that any tax reform under his administration would remove the carried interest loophole.

I'm so baffled by that, your question hasn't even registered in my mind so maybe once you answer that, I'll be able to focus more clearly on your question, mrshoward.

As far as Trump firing Mueller, while Trump had denied it, I've learned not to take much of what he says at face value as about three-quarters of the things he says end up no being so. Of course I came to that conclusion early in 2016 - long before he gained the GOP nomination - and was therefore totally baffled by the media's lack of interest in facts because reporting what he said was effectively reporting lies and hence the media became complicit in reporting said lies.

That they did so because it got ratings, was evidence of their corruption.

I literally take days off from following the crap because following it that closely is a waste of time.

In fact I think it just as likely that Trump, being the wannabe dictator that he is, would be just as inclined to surround the capital and dissolve Congress with armed troops (or just blow it up) as he would be to fire Mueller as firing Mueller would just be a half-way measure and self-defeating in terms of his capture and subjugation of the national government. I mean if you take Congress out of the picture - and know they may take themselves out if they can't solve the issue of keeping the government going which is currently in question - his own DOJ is not authorized to take out a president nor are the courts.

What I will say after that depressing thought, is simply that Trump is no Lincoln.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln

November 19, 1863

Let me make one more observation:

Racism, misogyny, ethnocentrism, ignorance, corruption and lying and cheating are diametrically opposed to the ideal of government of the people, by the people and for the people ... and if you don't recognize that, then the future of American freedom is gasping. The passage of the tax bill which will anoint the wealth with roughly one-trillion in new money over the next ten years, of which they will easily be able to afford 20 or even 200 billion of this new money to the purchase of representatives they own means the democracy game is literally over. (The Republican's supported this monstrosity for this very reason and its converse ... if they hadn't approved it, the wealthy would have considered their investments in the past worthless and would have cut off their contributions to the Republican power brokers who failed to deliver.)

Know that the Democrats weren't much better ... they are as eager to serve these masters as the Republicans ... except they wanted to minimize and humanize the racism, misogyny, ethnocentrism, ignorance, corruption and lying and cheating with greater justice in all areas. In essence, they just wanted to treat the masses with more compassion but at a cost they were telling the oligarchs they had to pay.

The Republican's message to the oligarchs is you don't have to pay for it; you can have it all. All you have to do is buy our approach to society that uses racism, misogyny, ethnocentrism, ignorance, corruption and lying and cheating to keep the masses divided and fighting among themselves and if a few million or billion of the masses die in the process, BFD ... You can have the stuff they had too.

My oh my, isn't it amazing what money can buy :)

pubby