Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
TJB

Whatever happened to the presumption of innocence?

Now that the Left's oxen are being gored, you want a return to presumption of innocence.

That's cute... welcome to the witch hunt.

:acute:

Edited by mrshoward
  • Like 3

I think the me too revelation has empowered many women to speak out. For many, it has been cathartic.

I am sure for many men it has been hard to get a grip on or even believe these hundreds of thousands of women have been sexually abused. Some have no problem believing because they totally understand their gender, These are the ones generally overprotective of sisters and daughters.

If I have had a close friend that had not been molested it was so few I don't really remember. At least 1/2 had been forced into sex at least once in her lifetime. More than one has been raped. Most are ashamed because they deep down believe it was their fault. If you stay home buttoned up it won't happen to you. I learned early that there are men out there that believe consenting to be alone with them is a type of consent.

This is the deal if a man feels he is powerful enough to do this and get away with it then he needs to be proven wrong and punished. Our society needs to change so that in reality he has handed power to the women to destroy him just like he has destroyed a part of her.

I have no trouble believing it with all the confessions over a glass of wine I have listened to over the years.

This is about change. This is about believing women because sexual abuse is not a woman's fault ever. No more than it is a child's fault. It is about having to leave a good job because you have no voice to make the escalating sexual advances stop.

Assuming women are lying because so many claims to have been sexually abused. The me too revolution needs to continue. If for nothing else to help other women realize it was not anything personal about them or their behavior that caused what happened to them.

I hope that the good men out there will lend their support to women that speak out. TJB you can believe them. There might be 1 in 100,000 women with mental issues that claim they have been molested when they have not.

• Like 1

I think the me too revelation has empowered many women to speak out. For many, it has been cathartic.

I am sure for many men it has been hard to get a grip on or even believe these hundreds of thousands of women have been sexually abused. Some have no problem believing because they totally understand their gender, These are the ones generally overprotective of sisters and daughters.

If I have had a close friend that had not been molested it was so few I don't really remember. At least 1/2 had been forced into sex at least once in her lifetime. More than one has been raped. Most are ashamed because they deep down believe it was their fault. If you stay home buttoned up it won't happen to you. I learned early that there are men out there that believe consenting to be alone with them is a type of consent.

This is the deal if a man feels he is powerful enough to do this and get away with it then he needs to be proven wrong and punished. Our society needs to change so that in reality he has handed power to the women to destroy him just like he has destroyed a part of her.

I have no trouble believing it with all the confessions over a glass of wine I have listened to over the years.

This is about change. This is about believing women because sexual abuse is not a woman's fault ever. No more than it is a child's fault. It is about having to leave a good job because you have no voice to make the escalating sexual advances stop.

Assuming women are lying because so many claims to have been sexually abused. The me too revolution needs to continue. If for nothing else to help other women realize it was not anything personal about them or their behavior that caused what happened to them.

I hope that the good men out there will lend their support to women that speak out. TJB you can believe them. There might be 1 in 100,000 women with mental issues that claim they have been molested when they have not.

For many years some women have lied about who their children's fathers are and about being abused. It hurts those who are telling the truth. That is why I won't believe it without DNA or other proof. To convict without a trial is not the American way.

• Like 1

Now that the Left's oxen are being gored, you want a return to presumption of innocence.

That's cute... welcome to the witch hunt.

:acute:

Nobody wants to assume the worst when it comes to members of the party they support and their misdeeds. However, there is a difference between a pattern of behavior and an isolated incident. I'm not talking about forced sexual activity; as in the case of Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, or Louis CK. However, does a man making a pass at a woman who doesn't feel the same way, tells the man to stop and he does, constitute sexual assault? Especially, if the man making the pass doesn't have a position of power or something to hold over the woman's head. If the woman Franken "groped" had immediately called him on it an he apologized, would that still constitute assault? Sometimes, issues require nuance, and perhaps this is one of them. I heard a recording of one of the women assaulted by Weinstien, and the terror in her voice was palpable; nobody should ever have to go through that. This is more than just a political problem. ..

For many years some women have lied about who their children's fathers are and about being abused. It hurts those who are telling the truth. That is why I won't believe it without DNA or other proof. To convict without a trial is not the American way.

Children's father is one thing. Sexual abuse is a very different issue. It is often he said she said. In patriarchal society women most often lose. This is exactly why women just don't bother to report it. I just don't buy multiple women that don't know each other telling the same story are making it up. It's way too common. You may not be able to convict him, but telling it makes sure he suffers consequences. I would feel comfortable in saying that 3 out of 5 girls have experienced sexual situations before puberty and that 4 out of 5 adult women have experienced some type of nonconsensual sexual activity.

Those numbers say a lot. What you are seeing when multiple women come out is just how extensive the victimization is.

I have seen predatory behavior on this site.

I am very fortunate to have developed a 6th sense about it early in life. I never understood why women would allow themselves to be caught alone with some men. I could be in the same room with them for just a few minutes and know exactly what they were and what they would do. Consistently these women just did not want to believe that this man would do that. I was always like how could you not know.

• Like 2

I for one am proud of my fellow women for coming forward and I admire their strength to do so. I can't even imagine how difficult it is to come forward let alone live with the pain for years and years......

• Like 1

Children's father is one thing. Sexual abuse is a very different issue. It is often he said she said. In patriarchal society women most often lose. This is exactly why women just don't bother to report it. I just don't buy multiple women that don't know each other telling the same story are making it up. It's way too common. You may not be able to convict him, but telling it makes sure he suffers consequences. I would feel comfortable in saying that 3 out of 5 girls have experienced sexual situations before puberty and that 4 out of 5 adult women have experienced some type of nonconsensual sexual activity.

Those numbers say a lot. What you are seeing when multiple women come out is just how extensive the victimization is.

I have seen predatory behavior on this site.

I am very fortunate to have developed a 6th sense about it early in life. I never understood why women would allow themselves to be caught alone with some men. I could be in the same room with them for just a few minutes and know exactly what they were and what they would do. Consistently these women just did not want to believe that this man would do that. I was always like how could you not know.

As I said, I want proof before I say he is guilty. There are many who would say it just because he refused to allow gay marriages or because he refused to take down the 10 Commandments. You can doubt it if you want but I don't. They hate Roy Moore just like they hate Trump. Maybe for different reasons. They should have to prove it. So far the evidence has proved a couple to be liars for sure.

• Like 1