Paulding.com

"He knew what he signed up for."

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump doesn't respect soldiers that get caught maybe he doesn't care for the ones that get killed.

The president says dumb things on almost a daily basis. It's not that hard to believe that he would say something that stupid.

And about a year ago, the New York Times had Hillary as a 93% probability to win the White House. Damn Ruskies.

Consumer confidence is not based on the policies of this administration. If there is a direct connection between the two, you are welcome to show it to me.

Investor confidence is based upon laissez-faire capitalism from deregulation, all supported by this administration. We all know a lack of oversight due to deregulation is a ticking time bomb that leads to corruption and collapse.

Surfing the web shows as many articles saying Trump does not influence consumer confidence as says he does. The end results are in the eyes of the participant.

I'm enjoying many of my earnings accumulated during the Reagan years. I've got a good friend who cusses the mention of Reagan. According to my friend Reagan killed his financial portfolio. I've got another friend who has said for years "It's Not A Matter Of How Much You Make. It's A Matter Of How You Spend What You Make".

Those who work hard, study the Market and save will do good. Those who put nothing away now will have nothing down the road.

But what I'm saying is nothing new. I've used the same principals thru Carter, Reagan, 2) Bush's, Clinton, and now Trump years. Heck I was able to retire during Obama's years.

Actually Carter years were good for me. I learned to live on corn bread and beans.

Edited by mojo413

Consumer confidence is not based on the policies of this administration. If there is a direct connection between the two, you are welcome to show it to me.

Investor confidence is based upon laissez-faire capitalism from deregulation, all supported by this administration. We all know a lack of oversight due to deregulation is a ticking time bomb that leads to corruption and collapse.

I quickly found several articles that point out and explain the different elements that affect consumer and business/investor confidence. Here's one. Be sure to scroll down and see #5, as it states "Announced policy shifts in the stance of government fiscal policy, including large structural spending cuts or increases/decreases in taxation rates."

I recommend you take some economic classes before shooting your mouth off. Have a good evening.

I quickly found several articles that point out and explain the different elements that affect consumer and business/investor confidence. Here's one. Be sure to scroll down and see #5, as it states "Announced policy shifts in the stance of government fiscal policy, including large structural spending cuts or increases/decreases in taxation rates."

I recommend you take some economic classes before shooting your mouth off. Have a good evening.

I've taken economics courses so for you to make ass-umptions makes you an ass-umer... Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem. You might consider takes some classes in reading comprehension. Read what I wrote again and this time show how Trump's policies boost consumer confidence. Everyone knows that policy announcements can affect confidence for better or worse. Again, show how Trump's policy announcements have boosted consumer confidence.

My contention is that the economy is driven by Mainstreet having disposable income. Why don't you give 1% of the kids in your neighborhood all of the candy and see how much of it trickles down to the kids who received none.

19395890ba908db6a8951fc5dc820bd6.jpg

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy

I've taken economics courses so for you to make ass-umptions makes you an ass-umer... Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem. You might consider takes some classes in reading comprehension. Read what I wrote again and this time show how Trump's policies boost consumer confidence. Everyone knows that policy announcements can affect confidence for better or worse. Again, show how Trump's policy announcements have boosted consumer confidence.

My contention is that the economy is driven by Mainstreet having disposable income. Why don't you give 1% of the kids in your neighborhood all of the candy and see how much of it trickles down to the kids who received none.

19395890ba908db6a8951fc5dc820bd6.jpg

You could have fooled me about you taking economic classes in college, because you still don't understand how the market works.

If you think that consumers and business investors are not confident about Trump and the Republican plan to reduce taxes, repeal job killing EPA regulations that don't make a difference to the environment; then think again.

You could have fooled me about you taking economic classes in college, because you still don't understand how the market works.

I can't decide which of pcom's 3 Amigos is the most Trump-like let's see,

WANTS AMERICA TO KNOW HE’S A ‘VERY INTELLIGENT

spends a substantial amount of time tweeting insults at his political opponents

" I was a nice student. I did very well. I’m a very intelligent person"

has “one of the great memories of all time

"I’m, like, a really smart person"

has a tenuous relationship with facts and frequently misspeaks.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-wants-america-know-hes-very-intelligent-person-who-went-ivy-league-693014

It's obviously a toss up. :pardon:

tumblr_minrtq3Rzr1qhy4q4o1_400.gif

• Like 3

If you think that consumers and business investors are not confident about Trump and the Republican plan to reduce taxes, repeal job killing EPA regulations that don't make a difference to the environment; then think again.

I have a very clear understanding of how the market works. You have to have a reasonable balance of regulations. You think complete deregulation works. It does not.

So in other words you can't prove that Trump's policies have boosted consumer confidence. You want me to believe his policies had a positive impact because you say so. It seems you don't understand as much as you would lead others to believe. If you can't explain it, you don't understand it yourself.

I have a very clear understanding of how the market works. You have to have a reasonable balance of regulations. You think complete deregulation works. It does not.

So in other words you can't prove that Trump's policies have boosted consumer confidence. You want me to believe his policies had a positive impact because you say so. It seems you don't understand as much as you would lead others to believe. If you can't explain it, you don't understand it yourself.

I never said there wasn't a need for regulations. Read this.

I never said there wasn't a need for regulations. Read this.

Let's try it this way. When consumer confidence increased under Clinton and Obama, did you attribute it to either of those President's policies? I seem to recall under Clinton, the conservative line was the President doesn't affect business. "Anyone could be President."

Let's try it this way. When consumer confidence increased under Clinton and Obama, did you attribute it to either of those President's policies? I seem to recall under Clinton, the conservative line was the President doesn't affect business. "Anyone could be President."

While Clinton was president, who here said that?

Only the ones who benefited from the doubling of the national debt.

Yes Obama doubled the debt so did Bush 43. Reagan tripled the debt and is seen by the right as the greatest president of all time. Like Roosevelt Obama took office in a national economic crisis and you being the master of economics, the Warren Buffet of Paulding county that you keep reminding everyone (over and over and over again) should know that if any time calls for deficit spending to stimulate a faltering economy 2008 was exactly just such a time.

• Like 1

Yes Obama doubled the debt so did Bush 43. Reagan tripled the debt and is seen by the right as the greatest president of all time. Like Roosevelt Obama took office in a national economic crisis and you being the master of economics, the Warren Buffet of Paulding county that you keep reminding everyone (over and over and over again) should know that if any time calls for deficit spending to stimulate a faltering economy 2008 was exactly just such a time.

I disagree. The government does not deficit causing spending to stimulate the economy. I'm a firm believer the government should operate with a balanced budget.

I disagree. The government does not deficit causing spending to stimulate the economy. I'm a firm believer the government should operate with a balanced budget.

Well I know you are another one of our board economic gurus and who am I to argue with a learned scholar such as yourself but I would just mention that every economist in the entire world would disagree. That if anytime calls for deficit spending by any government it is during an economic crisis.

* I will give you guys credit like any good student of the Trump-method you managed to turn this thread from Trump's mismanagement of a simple phone call to a grieving widow to Obama's handling of the recession, good job.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

While Clinton was president, who here said that?

Care to answer a question before you start asking questions?

Well I know you are another one of our board economic gurus and who am I to argue with a learned scholar such as yourself but I would just mention that every economist in the entire world would disagree. That if anytime calls for deficit spending by any government it is during an economic crisis.

* I will give you guys credit like any good student of the Trump-method you managed to turn this thread from Trump's mismanagement of a simple phone call to a grieving widow to Obama's handling of the recession, good job.

This was never about the grieving widow... it was always about your irrational hatred of Trump.

;)

• Like 2

This was never about the grieving widow... it was always about your irrational hatred of Trump.

;)

Irrational ? Oh contraire, if hatred can be justified and in some cases it surely can hatred of Donald Trump and all he stands for could be the most rational emotion any decent American could have since Joe McCarthy .

Edited by CitizenCain

;)

And to think, Today is Hillary's Birthday. I'm laughing my head off thinking that's not going to be a very festive birthday party. I hope no one comes up with the idea of 1 candle on the cake for every reason Hillary lost to President Trump, the fire will be so big they might not be able to save the building.

And to think, Today is Hillary's Birthday. I'm laughing my head off thinking that's not going to be a very festive birthday party. I hope no one comes up with the idea of 1 candle on the cake for every reason Hillary lost to President Trump, the fire will be so big they might not be able to save the building.

She did indeed lose the race which makes me wonder when will Trump and his supporters stop campaigning against her ?

• Like 2

She did indeed lose the race which makes me wonder when will Trump and his supporters stop campaigning against her ?

I did not realize we were campaigning against her. It's funny to us she keeps explaining the reason she lost. I've heard her bring up every excuse except she was a terrible candidate. Even President Trump said it would be great (for his campaign) if she runs again. Now it's looking like her and Bill loved the Russian's money. Of course none of that will be decided on PeeCom.

You sure? Let's look at some real numbers added under each president from Reagan to Obama:

Reagan - 1.86 trillion

Bush 41 - 1.554 trillion (4 years)

Clinton - 1.396 trillion

Bush 43 - 5.849 trillion

Obama - 9.321 trillion

It should be noted that under Bush 43, he and congress had to respond to the 9/11 attacks on our economic system.

It should also be noted, in fairness to all the presidents, that Congress holds the purse strings and does the actual spending. But the President has to sign the bills, so he also bears some responsibility. Obama bears a higher share of responsibility than the other presidents because the bulk of the spending under his watch resulted from legislation planned by he and Congressional Democrats well before the election, and once he was elected congress promptly passed the pre-planned spending bills and Obama rubber stamped them.

As percentages of increase go, your figures are closer, though still incorrect.

Reagan presided over a 186% increase

Bush 41 a 54% increase

Clinton a 32% increase

Bush 43 a 101% increase

Obama - Lots of different numbers out there, but it was in the area of 90 - 105%

Of interest...FDR holds the record with a 1048% increase!!!

Percentages are helpful, but the real issue is dollars that must be paid back. And Obama added more dollars to the debt than the last 43 presidents combined!!

These are all real numbers that you are free to confirm.

• Like 3

You sure? Let's look at some real numbers added under each president from Reagan to Obama:

Reagan - 1.86 trillion

Bush 41 - 1.554 trillion (4 years)

Clinton - 1.396 trillion

Bush 43 - 5.849 trillion

Obama - 9.321 trillion

It should be noted that under Bush 43, he and congress had to respond to the 9/11 attacks on our economic system.

It should also be noted, in fairness to all the presidents, that Congress holds the purse strings and does the actual spending. But the President has to sign the bills, so he also bears some responsibility. Obama bears a higher share of responsibility than the other presidents because the bulk of the spending under his watch resulted from legislation planned by he and Congressional Democrats well before the election, and once he was elected congress promptly passed the pre-planned spending bills and Obama rubber stamped them.

As percentages of increase go, your figures are closer, though still incorrect.

Reagan presided over a 186% increase

Bush 41 a 54% increase

Clinton a 32% increase

Bush 43 a 101% increase

Obama - Lots of different numbers out there, but it was in the area of 90 - 105%

Of interest...FDR holds the record with a 1048% increase!!!

Percentages are helpful, but the real issue is dollars that must be paid back. And Obama added more dollars to the debt than the last 43 presidents combined!!

These are all real numbers that you are free to confirm.

How dare you bring facts into this discussion? Facts aren't welcome around here.

• Like 2

Sure, when you start answering all questions asked of you.

I asked first...