12 replies to this topic

#1 cootsmama

cootsmama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

Did anyone hear 2 loud booms late this afternoon and early night?  Sounded like a blown transformer, a gun shot or some kind of loud explosion.  About 4:15 p.m. and 8:30 tonight.

#2 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:15 AM

There will no doubt be some mention of an artificial subterranean orifice. And that's a big'ol range from gunshot to transformer, much less to loud explosion. 

But seriously, this comes up on here from time to time all over the county and has for years. I know I've heard them myself down here around Nebo. There's never, at least in my memory, any real answer offered. I don't have a real answer either, just a theory. Given the length of time they've gone on, dispersal of reports as far as area, lack of any real explanation given some of the nosey ass folks on here (myself included), proximity to Dobbins and Lockheed. I've always kinda figured it's most likely some military pilots getting the occasional jolly. Just a theory.

• Brian likes this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#3 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

Guard Dad, at it again!

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#4 tully mars

tully mars

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

Sorry I had chili for dinner :bad:

• Dana likes this

#5 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Tannerite.

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#6 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,060 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

I think it's tannerite too.

Have you ever watched the videos? I know it dangerous but I laugh like a kid watching those guys blow up some tannerite.

#7 GGinGA

GGinGA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

I think it's tannerite too.

Have you ever watched the videos? I know it dangerous but I laugh like a kid watching those guys blow up some tannerite.

what is it?

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel.

The Water Giver: "Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you'd have. It's about understanding he's exactly the person he's supposed to be. And if you're lucky, he might be the teacher who turns you into the person you're supposed to be."

#8 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

I tell you they are back working on the tunnels. They are building another Fred's where the Ryan's was at. They will have a tunnel entrance there that connects to the main Rockmart to Dobbins Tunnel. That will be Fred's South Tunnel Entrance and the original Fred's tunnel entrance will now be called Fred's Central Tunnel Entrance.
  • Blondiega1 and Dana like this
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#9 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

I tell you they are back working on the tunnels. They are building another Fred's where the Ryan's was at. They will have a tunnel entrance there that connects to the main Rockmart to Dobbins Tunnel. That will be Fred's South Tunnel Entrance and the original Fred's tunnel entrance will now be called Fred's Central Tunnel Entrance.

"There will no doubt be some mention of an artificial subterranean orifice. "

​I'm available for fortune telling and palm readings on Wednesdays after 1. Try the veal and please remember to tip the wait staff.

• mojo413 likes this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#10 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,964 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Interesting.  I live east of Pensacola.  We had two booms today.

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

#11 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

Interesting.  I live east of Pensacola.  We had two booms today.

So that would be fairly close to Naval Air Station Pensacola? Hmmmmm.

#12 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,964 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

So that would be fairly close to Naval Air Station Pensacola? Hmmmmm.

Close enough.  Actually closer to Eglin as part of it is in eastern Santa Rosa County and we're in central Santa Rosa.  When they shoot the big guns at Eglin we can feel the concussion and sometimes hear it.

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

#13 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,434 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Guard Dad, at it again!

Sorry, the wife made chili.

• Dana likes this

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

No, pubby; the only thing free speech will destroy are lies. - Guard Dad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics