• 21,436 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

Shot and killed on routine patrol :

http://www.wsbtv.com...atrol/624329241

Prayers for his wife and children...

:(  

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#2 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:29 AM

A violent week: 8 officer-involved shootings in 10 days

ATLANTA -- It's been a violent week for law enforcement and the communities they protect. In 10 days, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has been requested to review eight cases, and it's already on pace to meet or surpass the total from last year.

In 2015 the GBI investigated 59 “officer use of force" cases across the state, and 83 cases in 2016. So far this year, that number is already at 72, and 8 of those are just within the last 10 days.

Here is the round-up of those use of force cases, by date....

http://www.11alive.c...0-days/48289167

"It speaks to the level of violence which exists in our culture,” said GBI Director Vernon Keenan.

"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump,"

#3 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

I sure wouldn't consider being a police officer in this day and age.  They are a moving target.  Wonder what the cop haters are going to do when there are no more cops?  When the military moves in to take control. 

• lowrider and Captain Rhett Butler like this

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#4 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

I sure wouldn't consider being a police officer in this day and age.  They are a moving target.  Wonder what the cop haters are going to do when there are no more cops?  When the military moves in to take control. 

I suspect we could hardly tell the difference if they did except that the military has stricter rules of engagement . 

Edited by CitizenCain, 14 October 2017 - 11:13 AM.

• COWA likes this

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

I grieve for the officer  shot in the line of duty in New Orleans.

The idea - pardon me - the false idea that police work is the most dangerous work around is overstated. Here is a link to that flaming liberal media - Forbes - which depicts the ten most dangerous occupations.  Among those more dangerous are taxi drivers, traveling sales/truck driving, logging, roofers, fishermen, ranchers/agricultural workers and electric linemen.

The mere notion that you would  that the military should come in and take control is down right fascist; damn.

pubby

#6 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

The idea - pardon me - the false idea that police work is the most dangerous work around is overstated. Here is a link to that flaming liberal media - Forbes - which depicts the ten most dangerous occupations.  Among those more dangerous are taxi drivers, traveling sales/truck driving, logging, roofers, fishermen, ranchers/agricultural workers and electric linemen.

The mere notion that you would  that the military should come in and take control is down right fascist; damn.

pubby

You obviously missed the point, your hatred is showing.  If no one wants to be a cop any more, who do you think will enforce the laws?  Seriously Pubby, you are not rational since you ran for office.  That chip on your shoulder has become a beam. 

• lowrider and Captain Rhett Butler like this

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#7 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

Oh Tundra; I'm quite rational. I just don't buy your nonsense.

pubby

#8 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

I have made the decision if I find myself in danger the last people I would call would be the police. I can't find the article but a few weeks back there was a news story about an elderly man in georgia whose friends became concerned about so they asked the police to check on him. For reasons no one has explained instead of going to the front door the officers began rummaging around in his backyard. The old man came out of the back door with a gun in his hand. 

I don't know how much time it took between drop the gun and they began shooting but his friends no longer need to worry about the old man because the police shot him dead. His friends and neighbors described him as a kind man that had never bothered anyone.   

The police chief described the incident as "unfortunate" .

I would think it's safe to say that outside of possibly the educational system there is no government agency in America quite as incompetent as Law Enforcement. The difference is teachers don't beat, abuse and kill people. 

Edited by CitizenCain, 14 October 2017 - 05:09 PM.

• COWA likes this

#9 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:56 PM

pubby

For the sake of discussion, let's say the police officers throughout our state decided to go on strike for a month to prove that without them crime would increase significantly in all aspects?  The governor would have no choice but to activate the national guard to assume police patrols.  That move would not be in violation of the Constitution and Posse Comitatus Act.  The Posse Comitatus Act only applies to federal troops and the National Guard is not federal troops unless they are activated on federal orders.

Golly gee willickers.

#10 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

In the early 1930s the Governor of Arkansas had to call out the national guard in Jonesboro Arkansas because a revival preacher came into the congregation of the first Baptist Church there and through manipulations created chaos that was threatening to become a religious shooting war among the congregants. The local police, who were members of the church and were taking sides, were therefore not trusted, especially by congregants of churches other than the First Baptist.

It was a big enough deal to make the front page of the NYTimes.

pubby

#11 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

I firmly believe that people who call 911, for help, might wind up like this lady. If the police do come to my house without their body cameras turned on that alone should be against the law. 

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#12 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,436 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:07 AM

McNeil spent years teaching young children how to read before becoming a cop

http://www.dailymail...t-struggle.html

:(  :(  :(

are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#13 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

McNeil spent years teaching young children how to read before becoming a cop

http://www.dailymail...t-struggle.html

:(  :(  :(

Why didn't he spend some time teaching his fellow officers that the blue code of silents was a figment of their imagination instead of the truth like the camera shows? The camera doesn't lie if you will turn it on. 

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#14 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,436 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Why didn't he spend some time teaching his fellow officers that the blue code of silents was a figment of their imagination instead of the truth like the camera shows? The camera doesn't lie if you will turn it on. 

Why don't you spend some time practicing compassion instead of maligning a murder victim ? ? ?

Edited by mrshoward, 15 October 2017 - 11:43 AM.

- Joseph Addison

#15 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

Why don't you spend some time practicing compassion instead of maligning a murder victim ? ? ?

Why don't you spend more time practicing compassion instead of worshiping cops, no matter how many people they assault for doing the same things they do? 

#16 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

This post of yours is a perfect example demonstrating that you believe the majority of police officers in this country are bad.

Golly gee willickers.

#17 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Why don't you spend more time practicing compassion instead of worshiping cops, no matter how many people they assault for doing the same things they do? 

I don't get the impression she worships police officers.  Each time you make a post where you indicate all cops are bad, she makes a post showing you that most are not bad.  You express outrage when a police officer does something bad, but you show none of that or remorse when a police officer is murdered.

Golly gee willickers.

#18 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

I don't get the impression she worships police officers.  Each time you make a post where you indicate all cops are bad, she makes a post showing you that most are not bad.  You express outrage when a police officer does something bad, but you show none of that or remorse when a police officer is murdered.

Why do you lie E Z, and say that I make posts that indicate all cops are bad. Just because you perceive that all cops are bad, after reading a post of mine, doesn't make all cops bad. It's your perception; not mine. 

#19 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,060 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

TP, why aren't all of your cop hating topics moved to your very own forum?
  • El Zorro likes this

#20 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

TP, why aren't all of your cop hating topics moved to your very own forum?

I'm just exercising my right to speak, no matter where that is, Lo! I just tell the truth. I don't hate the police, but I do not like brutality. I love Police Chief Bobby Dodd, of Chattanooga Tennessee. 

#21 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Why do you lie E Z, and say that I make posts that indicate all cops are bad. Just because you perceive that all cops are bad, after reading a post of mine, doesn't make all cops bad. It's your perception; not mine. 

I don't believe all police officers are bad.  In fact, I think it's only a very small percentage of police officers that are bad.  I have a lot of friends who are police officers and not one of them are bad. 

I'm just exercising my right to speak, no matter where that is, Lo! I just tell the truth. I don't hate the police, but I do not like brutality. I love Police Chief Bobby Dodd, of Chattanooga Tennessee. 

I applaud Chief Dodd for not tolerating brutality.

• The Postman likes this
Golly gee willickers.

#22 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

I don't believe all police officers are bad.  In fact, I think it's only a very small percentage of police officers that are bad.  I have a lot of friends who are police officers and not one of them are bad. 

I don't believe all cops are bad either, E Z! Why do you lie on me like that?

#23 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

That contrasts with our President who encouraged LEO to treat those arrested badly including banging their heads into the door frame when they put 'em in cars.

pubby

#24 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

That contrasts with our President who encouraged LEO to treat those arrested badly including banging their heads into the door frame when they put 'em in cars.

pubby

Our President has a blue tie, Pubby! What is his image with a blue tie supposed to represent for us? He has a choice, I guess, but that blue tie feels good to me, and I'm not even wearing it. How many other people feel better that he's wearing a blue tie, than just me? 

I know it's like whispering sweet nothings in our ears, but it's better than a sour nothing.  

Edited by The Postman, 16 October 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#25 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,436 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Mods, please close this thread.

Rest in peace Officer Marcus McNeil... thank you for your service.

• Ugadawgs98 and Dana like this

- Joseph Addison

#26 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

RIP Officer McNeil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics