Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

et·i·quette
ˈedəkət,ˈedəˌket/
noun

1. the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group.
    synonyms: protocol, manners, accepted behavior, rules of conduct, decorumgood form

Since we're talking Wal-Mart, I thought it best to include the definition.

To folks in general, and especially to that fine group of "ladies" (we're talking grown ass women) that were about 3 lateral isles from me but on the same longitudinal isle yesterday afternoon. Two things. First, I can see you just like you see me. Second, those isles create a funnel that works kind of like a megaphone. What that means is I can hear you too.

I've lived my life with small children pointing at me and making the comments that small children make. I've come to expect and accept it and I can kind of let it roll off my back. I say that but each time is kind of a little barb that hooks onto your soul. You never really forget. I've used a lot of it as material for jokes. Dealing with it by laughing at it. I wouldn't know, but if you listen to comedians they'll tell you that's where a lot of their comedy comes from.

Every once in awhile, an adult crosses that line. Yesterday the first thing I saw was the finger come up to point and the word "Look". The last word I heard was "monster", that's a first. Child or adult. I'm not certain but yesterday might could have very well turned out to be a bad day for all of us. It really almost did. And that ain't no joke.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#2 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

SMH ..... why people are the way they are amazes me (and not in a good way).  :angry: that anyone could do that to anyone.

Reason I like my dog better most of the time.

Don't take it personal - anyone who does that probably should have that same finger put somewhere else.  

I hope you have a much better day today.

• Dana likes this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#3 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

I forgot to mention that it was a collaboration. The finger and the "Look" came from an entirely different "lady" than the "monster". Probably proves something about the weakest link in the evolutionary chain theory.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#4 JYD

JYD

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

I was always told that when you point , you have 3 pointing back at you.

#5 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,436 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

"that’s not what your mom said last night..."

Keep your chin up...   :hi: 

• Dana likes this
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#6 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

"that’s not what your mom said last night..."[/size]

Keep your chin up...   :hi:[/size] [/size]

Thank you ma'am.
Though maybe I gave the wrong impression. They didn't hurt my feelings, they p****ed me off.

#7 J'smom

J'smom

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:51 AM

Well, it's Wal-Mart, so I'm sure they could appear on the "People of Wal-Mart" website at some point or another. People are stupid and rude and clueless. I'm sorry you encountered that and that it made you mad. I'm not sure how I would have handled something like that without getting myself in trouble, eye contact and a snarky remark would have been made, but you were the better person. Hugs.

(Maybe they were looking at Halloween decorations behind you? I'd rather that be the case than thinking people can be that low.)

#8 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:10 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you. Some people are just miserable human beings.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#9 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Well, it's Wal-Mart, so I'm sure they could appear on the "People of Wal-Mart" website at some point or another. People are stupid and rude and clueless. I'm sorry you encountered that and that it made you mad. I'm not sure how I would have handled something like that without getting myself in trouble, eye contact and a snarky remark would have been made, but you were the better person. Hugs.
(Maybe they were looking at Halloween decorations behind you? I'd rather that be the case than thinking people can be that low.)

Not a better person, just one with fewer options. If I do anything like that, when somebody calls the cops, and they will, then they'll be right in the cops eyes. That's why when this sort of thing happens its almost inevitably a female(s). Most men realize things could be a little different between us.

#10 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

It is apparently proper etiquette to wear your pajamas and slippers to shop at Walmart as well.

• cptlo306 likes this
Golly gee willickers.

#11 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,140 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

It is apparently proper etiquette to wear your pajamas and slippers to shop at Walmart as well.

A good place to show of your belly ring and black thong under you 2 sizes too small white leggings too :rofl:

• cptlo306 likes this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics