Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Do you stand for our veterans? or the kneelers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#121 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

What you're saying is that you get to define what I am saying when I'm the one doing the protest.  Then, of course, in your infinite arrogance you assume the right to tell me how to protest and where? 

Don't you know that you're job in a protest is to listen.   You can then either agree, ignore or oppose.  The responses you're making show you oppose.  I will note your responses fall into the category of opposition.  They are also classic passive-aggressive.

The idea that authorities can and presumably should define how those protesting should protest is not  as prevalent on the right as you seem to think and you'll be glad to know that Rush Limbaugh is on the record saying at least he knows it.  Obviously, the passive-aggressive acolytes of authoritarianism like Zorro are just too taken with themselves to even reflect intelligently on their ideas.  To wit:

Zorro, that the kid in the video is shot is what is being protested.  No one thinks the APD would mow down the assembled Falcons protesting anywhere - suggesting that is what is implied is a lie. 

Even Rush Limbaugh says the president is wrong to seek to sanction the kneeling of the players who are protesting and the efforts to move in that direction makes him 'nervous.'

That you would have him 'require' the Falcons who protest do so before the APD headquarters is just another noxious and constitutionally abusive demand made by a passive-aggressive acolyte of authoritarianism.

pubby

You can protest all you want about whatever you want and when you do, everyone else has the right to criticize you as well.

You have no right to protest on your employer's time...

8)

That is true.  I fired two people who called out sick an hour before they were to start work because they participating at a demonstration in Atlanta.  Company policy is to give four hours notice.

• Captain Rhett Butler likes this
Golly gee willickers.

#122 Domestic Violence by Proxy

Domestic Violence by Proxy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

You can protest all you want about whatever you want and when you do, everyone else has the right to criticize you as well.

That is true.  I fired two people who called out sick an hour before they were to start work because they participating at a demonstration in Atlanta.  Company policy is to give four hours notice.

You fired them because they were chronic problem employees or because you disagreed with the demonstration they participated in so you retaliated on a technicality? (That's a rhetorical question. Don't bother to answer.) 

• The Postman, TJB and CitizenCain like this
Violates%20Constitution_zps0ivtnyqn.png

#123 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

So Zorro; could you, in your criticism, shout so loud as to prevent me from being heard and would that be right, wrong or just how it is?

pubby

#124 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

So Zorro; could you, in your criticism, shout so loud as to prevent me from being heard and would that be right, wrong or just how it is?

pubby

Zorro criticizes but his criticism is not constructive. He doesn't know anything but unconstructive criticism. In other words, he criticises to try to protect his overconfidence, while he is actually wrong. Have you ever heard him admit that he was wrong?     

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#125 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

You fired them because they were chronic problem employees or because you disagreed with the demonstration they participated in so you retaliated on a technicality? (That's a rhetorical question. Don't bother to answer.) 

I fired them for violating company policy.

pubby

I criticize you quite often pubby.  Has it shut you up at all?

Golly gee willickers.

#126 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

I criticize you quite often pubby.  Has it shut you up at all?

Criticism from you, E Z, is like a fox using condemnation to get the chickens to surrender. 

Edited by The Postman, 12 October 2017 - 11:09 PM.

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#127 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

Criticism from you, E Z, is like a fox using condemnation to get the chickens to surrender. 

Are you halfway through that course in wit?

• ApolloBeachRetiree likes this
Golly gee willickers.

#128 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

Are you halfway through that course in wit?

I don't think to unconstructive criticism like you use, E Z, is useful in a progressive approach to understanding anything.    

#129 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

I don't think to unconstructive criticism like you use, E Z, is useful in a progressive approach to understanding anything.    

In other words, in your world if a conservative criticizes a liberal, it's considered "unconstructive."  Also in your world if a liberal criticizes a conservative, it's constructive.  Another fine example of liberal privilege.

Golly gee willickers.

#130 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

In other words, in your world if a conservative criticizes a liberal, it's considered "unconstructive."  Also in your world if a liberal criticizes a conservative, it's constructive.  Another fine example of liberal privilege.

Unconstructive criticism like you use, E Z, has nothing to do with what other conservatives use. You are special in that respect.  

#131 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Unconstructive criticism like you use, E Z, has nothing to do with what other conservatives use. You are special in that respect.  

Spoken like a true narcissist TP.

Golly gee willickers.

#132 Domestic Violence by Proxy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

Spoken like a true narcissist TP.

You seem to be a master at gaslighting, projection and you are delusional at times. You have a lot in common with the Groper in Chief, TrumpleThinSkin...

• PUBBY and jenilyn like this

#133 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:49 PM

You seem to be a master at gaslighting, projection and you are delusional at times. You have a lot in common with the Groper in Chief, TrumpleThinSkin...

Actually, I thought you were the master of gaslighting.  Of course you're going to accuse those who vehemently disagree with you of gaslighting.  You can't handle it when others use facts to dispute your case.  You claim black people cannot be racists because you have chosen to redefine it's definition.  You attempt to make us believe black people aren't really any better off than they were during the Jim Crow period, but you can't provide any facts to back that up.  In fact, you ignore the questions and respond with insults.  All I can say is that you have attempted to portray yourself as a victim since the first day you started posting here. 

• Glassdogs likes this
Golly gee willickers.

#134 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:31 AM

Actually, I thought you were the master of gaslighting.  Of course you're going to accuse those who vehemently disagree with you of gaslighting.  You can't handle it when others use facts to dispute your case.  You claim black people cannot be racists because you have chosen to redefine it's definition.  You attempt to make us believe black people aren't really any better off than they were during the Jim Crow period, but you can't provide any facts to back that up.  In fact, you ignore the questions and respond with insults.  All I can say is that you have attempted to portray yourself as a victim since the first day you started posting here. 

He's never suggested that black people were better off during Jim Crow and that is a fact.  What he is saying, and it is also a fact, is that he observes racism in his daily life. Being personally acquainted with DVbp and his case I would say that his claim to widespread victimhood of fathers generally by the domestic court system has been widely documented and I would suggest that you know persons who have made their concerns about the evenhandedness of justice.  Certainly there have been news stories and academic studies made of the issue as well so it is totally inaccurate to suggest no facts exist. 

That said, the broader issue, that there are cases of discrimination asserted if not documented of racial profiling have also been the subject of both journalistic exploration, academic study and litigation that has gone to the SCOTUS establishing the fact that something is happening. 

That conservatives including but not limited to white nationalists, kluxers and others, many of whom deny any racial prejudice dispute deny the veracity of those facts is also true. But  then there are white nationalists, conservatives, kluxers and others who dispute deny the science behind global warming. Heck, there are even white nationalists, kluxers, conservatives and others who deny that Obama's inaugural crowd was larger than Trumps.  Many of these same folks deny that Trump is a divisive and that the billion or so ads, bot messages, tweets and the like that were sourced by the Russians  and also divisive but notably pro Trump had no impact on the election.  Even more are so into their tribe of white nationalists, kluxers, conservatives, militias and others that they are comprise a conspiracy to deny that Trump is utterly unsuited for the office. 

I could go on, suggesting that, for instance, Putin is almost as highly regarded among Republicans (32%) as Trump is among Americans 37% but you guys would just deny that fact too. 

Fact is, the facts I know to be true are also denied by those who follow Trump and when we cease sharing facts ... we have a problem. 

Now I'm not so bold as to suggest that because you share facts with white nationalists, kluxers, right wing militias, some conservatives and others means you are any of those.  I say that because it is a fact that you should not be guilty by association.  However, it would be a breath of fresh air if you considered the veracity of some of the facts embraced by those folks as something worthy of reflection, if not embarrassment.

pubby

#135 Domestic Violence by Proxy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

The fact that you are disingenuous is more observation than insult. As far as your Jim Crow question, SPECIFICALLY what happened during that period that doesn't happen now or hasn't happened recently? What happens now that didn't happen then?

I already gave you this example. http://paulding.com/...dark/?p=4047979

#136 Domestic Violence by Proxy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

He's never suggested that black people were better off during Jim Crow and that is a fact.  What he is saying, and it is also a fact, is that he observes racism in his daily life. Being personally acquainted with DVbp and his case I would say that his claim to widespread victimhood of fathers generally by the domestic court system has been widely documented and I would suggest that you know persons who have made their concerns about the evenhandedness of justice.  Certainly there have been news stories and academic studies made of the issue as well so it is totally inaccurate to suggest no facts exist. 

That said, the broader issue, that there are cases of discrimination asserted if not documented of racial profiling have also been the subject of both journalistic exploration, academic study and litigation that has gone to the SCOTUS establishing the fact that something is happening. 

That conservatives including but not limited to white nationalists, kluxers and others, many of whom deny any racial prejudice dispute deny the veracity of those facts is also true. But  then there are white nationalists, conservatives, kluxers and others who dispute deny the science behind global warming. Heck, there are even white nationalists, kluxers, conservatives and others who deny that Obama's inaugural crowd was larger than Trumps.  Many of these same folks deny that Trump is a divisive and that the billion or so ads, bot messages, tweets and the like that were sourced by the Russians  and also divisive but notably pro Trump had no impact on the election.  Even more are so into their tribe of white nationalists, kluxers, conservatives, militias and others that they are comprise a conspiracy to deny that Trump is utterly unsuited for the office. 

I could go on, suggesting that, for instance, Putin is almost as highly regarded among Republicans (32%) as Trump is among Americans 37% but you guys would just deny that fact too. 

Fact is, the facts I know to be true are also denied by those who follow Trump and when we cease sharing facts ... we have a problem. 

Now I'm not so bold as to suggest that because you share facts with white nationalists, kluxers, right wing militias, some conservatives and others means you are any of those.  I say that because it is a fact that you should not be guilty by association.  However, it would be a breath of fresh air if you considered the veracity of some of the facts embraced by those folks as something worthy of reflection, if not embarrassment.

pubby

Well said.

• The Postman likes this

#137 The Postman

The Postman

Bennett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,122 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

When E Z expresses an opinion he only uses part of his brain. Most people consider things and make decisions based on a lot more thought. But, E Z is a conservative, and a little more app than most conservatives to only see things according to his amygdala. 

_4755829.png

http://brainmadesimp...m/amygdala.html

E Z has become very good at hiding his emotions, but if the truth be known he is a very emotional person. 

Edited by The Postman, 14 October 2017 - 08:55 AM.

#138 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

pubby

In the words of Ronald W. Reagan,   "The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

In in your diatribe, you managed to bring in global warming, the KKK, Putin,  a "billion" (really?) Russian sponsored ads in the last election, and God only know what else nonsense... 

You are beginning to make TP look like Einstein.   

• El Zorro and Captain Rhett Butler like this

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

I guess you haven't been to Detroit recently?  Or, Newark or East St.Louis or Gary, IN, or Stockton, CA?

You know, those bastions of liberal Democrat government that have been so successful in attracting wealthy, educated leaders and businesspeople.  Progressive people,  who have uplifted the poorer of their brethren, so their city can be that bright example of how well Socialism works.

#139 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

You obviously have not been keeping up with the news on how the tweets, facebook shares and google ads were being frantically shared.  The fact is, when an ad shows up on any web page you view that is one ad or ad impression. The number of ad impressions of all the campaigns, including the millions of bot-delivered items is cumulatively, enormous if not gigantic.

pubby

PS: I'm sure in those days it would have been fair to say the problem with our conservative friends is they thought that Ronald Reagan was  going to nuke the Soviets meaning nothing made any difference anyway.  I suspect that those preachers who love the offerings that come when they talk of the apocalypse are also doing great with Trump.

#140 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

I'm just wondering how many more generations it will take conservatives to come up with another hero besides Ronald Ray-gun. Not that you can blame them Nixon, Bush ( 1&2) certainly offered little to brag about and Trump, hell we'll be lucky if we survive Trump.  

• The Postman and Domestic Violence by Proxy like this
"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump,"

#141 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

pubby

I know racism still exists today, but it's not even near the level it was during the 70s.  Race relations have improved tremendously since then.

Golly gee willickers.

#142 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

I know racism still exists today, but it's not even near the level it was during the 70s.  Race relations have improved tremendously since then.

But they've gotten demonstrably worse since that self-proclaimed non-racist Cliven Bundy talked about how blacks had it better during slavery on national TV and Donald Trump asserted without fact that Barack Obama was not a legitimate president and Trump then ran on the campaign stance first uttered by the America First committee that sought to align with Nazi Germany in 1939.

pubby

#143 Domestic Violence by Proxy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

When they're taking a knee, arm in arm, in Berlin, Germany, you know Trump and the fake outrage enablers are gonna get steam rolled.

DMGizbEWkAASQBj.jpg

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy, 14 October 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#144 Sam Drucker

Sam Drucker

Paulding Com member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

Report filed. Investigated. Citations issued. Street closed for further investigation by the Crime Scene Unit.

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics