Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
jmd

Don't buy that cream that they sell on facebook and tv

Make sure you tell your parents and older folks. Its a big scam. Offers a bottle of cream for 6 dollars. In small print on the terms it says if you continue the subscription and don't cancel and RETURN the cream that wasn't used they will charge you 86 dollars a month. And if you get one free or on discount then its another 86 dollars for that one.

My mother did this and was short of cash and couldn't get her food because they took out 180 dollars out of her account. The bank was going to work with her and put it on their insurance but the place said she agreed to it. Yes the 6 dollar bottle but she is about blind and cant see that small print. So they wouldn't help her. She did get a new card so they can't take anymore out. But its truly devious.

You can't cancel except on the very day it ends also. I also had the same thing and it was 30 dollar subscription not 86. I had to return the rest of the cream when I cancelled so it was like paying for nothing.

I don't buy anything that seems too good to be true. Its a scam all those skin cream commercials that help your skin look younger. Get a sample yea right. You have to send it back if you cancel. On your dime also. Just thought I would throw this out there so people you know don't fall for it. Its mainly seniors that are homebound and can't see.

• Like 2

One on her statement has revyouthcomp as an entry and the other one entry was sshgrpi*freshsk. I am waiting to hear from my mom to see what the names are. Those were on her bank register.

I got scammed a few years ago. I wanted to try a supplement promoted by a tv doctor, I find it on the internet.

The website had a picture of the doctor and show on it. It was not much for the trial. I pressed the purchase button, put in my card, pressed go. Something odd happened, I waited for the page that says your purchase went through. Nothing, back to home page. So I go to my email, nothing, no receipt. I assumed it just didn't go through. It was one of those cancels after 30 days. It arrives, so I am like ok it did go through. I noticed the package and the receipt only had a PO box. I go back to the website to try and find out how to contact them to cancel. Guess what, no email addresses, telephone number or street info.

So it kept coming sometimes 2 a month and they kept hitting the CC every time. I was so embarrassed to tell my husband I got taken like that. Well, he calls the CC company and explains it. They take a look at it and refund us all of it. They said don't worry about returning the stuff either. We never heard from them again.

I am never tempted to buy creams. If creams can change your skin like Retin A they have to be prescribed. A dermatologist told me that years ago.

• Like 2

Make sure you tell your parents and older folks. Its a big scam. Offers a bottle of cream for 6 dollars. In small print on the terms it says if you continue the subscription and don't cancel and RETURN the cream that wasn't used they will charge you 86 dollars a month. And if you get one free or on discount then its another 86 dollars for that one.

My mother did this and was short of cash and couldn't get her food because they took out 180 dollars out of her account. The bank was going to work with her and put it on their insurance but the place said she agreed to it. Yes the 6 dollar bottle but she is about blind and cant see that small print. So they wouldn't help her. She did get a new card so they can't take anymore out. But its truly devious.

You can't cancel except on the very day it ends also. I also had the same thing and it was 30 dollar subscription not 86. I had to return the rest of the cream when I cancelled so it was like paying for nothing.

I don't buy anything that seems too good to be true. Its a scam all those skin cream commercials that help your skin look younger. Get a sample yea right. You have to send it back if you cancel. On your dime also. Just thought I would throw this out there so people you know don't fall for it. Its mainly seniors that are homebound and can't see.

This sounds exactly like what happened to a friend of mine. She thought she was getting a free trial of something and had almost $200 being taken out of her checking account without her knowledge. She ended up having to get a new checking account because the bank (actually a credit union) didn't know any way to stop the THIEF from taking the money. What she got was supposed to be something from someone on HGTV (I think).

• Like 1