Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

Hiram Sudie Road Homicide Investigation

Hiram Sudie Road Homicide Investigation

(Paulding County, GA) On Tuesday August 22, 2017 at approximately 5:49 AM Deputies with the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office responded to 4408 Hiram Sudie Road Hiram, GA 30141 (Paulding County) reference a death investigation. Once Deputies arrived on scene, they determined that a white female, later identifed as Beth Harris (W/F, 38 YOA) was deceased inside the residence.

When Detectives arrived, they spoke with the victim’s husband who is also the person who called 911. Thus far, the husband, who was identifed as Charles Harris (W/M, 36 YOA), has cooperated with the investigation. Detectives with the Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division and Agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are actively working this case. Upon further examaniation into the incident, it has been determined that Mrs. Harris’ cause of death will be ruled as a homicide. Because of the condition of the scene, the manner of death will have to be determined at a later time once the autopsy has been completed.

At this time, Detecives are looking for a person of interest who may have been at the residence during the incident. Derek Jess Renfroe (W/M, 32 YOA), who rented a room at the home, has not been located by Detectives. If you have any information about this incident or know the whereabouts of Derek Jess Renfroe, please call Detectives/Agents at (770) 443-3015. #PauldingSheriff

murder.jpg

Candidate for a future face tattoo. I'd go with something tribal....it'll set off his eyes.

• Like 1

his family was looking for him not long ago last month, this is the picture they had:

derek.jpg

Sad situation all around. Prayers for her family, and his family, and that the police find him before he hurts anyone else. Paulding has two violent, armed fugitives on the loose right now, so we all need to be careful and keep an eye out.

Oh, yeah, nothing quite like getting a robo call that your child's school is on lockdown before school even started.

Sad situation all around. Prayers for her family, and his family, and that the police find him before he hurts anyone else. Paulding has two violent, armed fugitives on the loose right now, so we all need to be careful and keep an eye out.

Oh, yeah, nothing quite like getting a robo call that your child's school is on lockdown before school even started.

TWO? Who is the 2nd one? I've just seen a rumor posted that the SWAT team is out on Dallas Nebo Road but I haven't heard why.

TWO? Who is the 2nd one? I've just seen a rumor posted that the SWAT team is out on Dallas Nebo Road but I haven't heard why.

Lady on Hiram-Sudie and 19 yr old boy shot friday night .

Lady on Hiram-Sudie and 19 yr old boy shot friday night .

I haven't heard about this. Who is the suspect in this crime?

At approximately 8:56 AM this morning a motorist called Paulding E-911 and stated that they thought they saw Derek Renfroe, “person of interest” from yesterday’s homicide in the area of 1663 Mulberry Rock Road. When Deputies responded to the area they located a male matching the description of Derek Renfroe. Once they made contact with the male, it was quickly determined that it was in fact Derek Renfroe. Renfroe was cooperative and complied with all commands that the Deputies gave him.

Renfroe voluntarily came to the Sheriff’s Office to speak with Detectives and Agents regarding yesterday’s homicide at 4088 Hiram Sudie Rd. Paulding County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank all of our citizens for being vigilant and helping us locate Renfroe.At this point, PCSO has no additional updates and have not charged anyone with the murder of Beth Bishop Harris at this point.

Renfroe has now been charged with murder, arson, tampering with evidence and assault.

• Like 1

after reading his arrest record elder abuse :angry2: i hope they fry his butt.... this time...

• Like 1

Renfroe has now been charged with murder, arson, tampering with evidence and assault.

they have not named a person yet.... it was a group of boys who had a long time feud, he did not go to pchs he had dropped out. one is in the hospital, they did say today that they have gotten warrants, all boys are under 19 so they may not release names yet

From what I've heard, people are going to be shocked when they find out who the shooter was in the Friday night incident. Very sad.

From what I've heard, people are going to be shocked when they find out who the shooter was in the Friday night incident. Very sad.

I've heard rumors as to who that perpetrator is but won't divulge them on a public forum. The police know who they're looking for but won't release the person's name to the media. They do fear that the person is armed.

I've heard rumors as to who that perpetrator is but won't divulge them on a public forum. The police know who they're looking for but won't release the person's name to the media. They do fear that the person is armed.

so how is the public suppose to know if they run up on this person? if he *maybe* armed they should release a photo or name or something.. so the public will know.

so how is the public suppose to know if they run up on this person? if he *maybe* armed they should release a photo or name or something.. so the public will know.

I agree. Luckily they arrested him last night. I think they didn't want to spook him and have him run. It was the brother of Janeal Priester, the PCHS graduate who was killed with her boyfriend Nick Wright in the wreck on 61 at Old Villa Rica Rd a couple of years ago. The suspect was also in the car and was seriously injured in the wreck. Sad situation all the way around, both for the victim's family, but also for the suspect's family. They lost a daughter and now have a son charged with murder.