Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Coppertop's Pop

Paulding Airport - Serious discussion

Whitey, you're one of my favorites on here, and I tried to mention several times that "they didn't start the fire". I just don't believe the ends justify the means.

The chicken world 4, while probably being decent men, just simply don't give off any air of intelligence or competence. They read off the same copied and pasted talking points that I've read on here hundreds of times. They just seem like the pawns that ran for office on this single issue. The only one that seems to have any intellect is Pownall. His entire political existence is based on him whining and playing the victim because he was outsmarted and outplayed politically. He gets re-elected by openly admitting over and over and over again that he was a boy playing a man's game, and he got beat. You would think his constituents would want someone a little more competent representing them, but when only an activist group shows up to vote, then winning is easy.

Everyone's hands are dirty. I know I mentioned that. We have the government we deserve. While I like it here, I don't love it enough to watch the stop group and their pawns complete the transition of our county from what could have been an upper middle class suburb, to a section 8 trailer park.

The so called Chicken World four is not the problem as you and others allege.

The leadership of the Airport Authority and the leadership of the Industrial Building Authority is the problem.

The leader ship of the PCAA just awarded the Airport Director a job that pays Terry Tibbitts $65.00 per hour along with up to $500.00 per month in expenses.

Here again the PCAA gave the job to a person that had no experience whatsoever with Running and managing a airport of any type, And he is being paid top dollar to perform this job

I doubt very seriously that the Airport Director at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport makes this kind of money?

The airport Director along with David Austin and Dave Carmichael were fore warned by the City of Atlanta that they must live up to the Commitments that were made when the deal for the 163 acres were made.

The inexperience of our airport leaders surfaced when they did not heed the warnings of the City of Atlanta.

The airport leaders have now led us down the a path that quite frankly the property owners of this county cannot afford.

No one in their right mind can believe that we can afford a long drug out court battle/battles with the City of Atlanta and Hartsfield Jackson airport.

We do not have the experienced and capable folks leading us. Furthermore we are not financially able to compete with Atlanta.

The leaders need to step down and resolve these senseless lawsuits that we cannot afford.

A job that pays $65.00 per hour should draw a pretty talented/experienced person who could make this airport profitable as a general Aviation airport without any on the job training.

Just so you know I just reviewed the June 2017 Industrial Building Authority meeting and it last about Four minutes it open session.

Only four of the members were in attendance there was no discussion of creating any jobs, no report from the PCED and the Chamber spokesperson made no mention of any new jobs coming to Paulding County

My friends this is the Job of the IBA/ Chamber of commerce and the Paulding County Economic Development not the County post commissioners

Hey Newbie from NEW HOPE

I have just been made aware that not only the City of Atlanta is concerned by the immature and inexperienced manner in which the Airport Authority is operating, It also appears that the FAA is getting fed up with the continuous misinformation that has been provided them.

http://www.savepauldingco.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/FAA-Letter-6-3-2017.pdf

A man's word is his bond and it teds to follow them in any endeavor they undertake.

What a shame when a federal agency has to chide the leadership of this County

We have many issues facing Paulding County. The airport bottomless pit of wasted money is only 1 issue. Todd is a decent man. He's really too honest to be a southern politician. We voted for the guys who were honest but still tough enough to put the brakes on the airport. So far, they've been successful. so to imply Todd got beat is amusingly inaccurate. If you support commercialization, you got beat. So there's that.

The biggest problem we have in Paulding is the dysfunctional school board. Talk about a real mess. ...that bunch of bureaucrats will make you want to cuss, but this thread isn't about those folks, it's about teh airport. So please remember that..

Captain, the funny thing is, I really could not care less about the airport. I'm neither "pro", nor "anti". I respected the anti folks up until they became 10x's worse than the folks they were trying to defeat. I feel like we've replaced one regime with another far worse. The county embarrassments have multiplied under them, then they celebrate the embarrassment (this letter) as some sort of win when they should be hanging their heads in shame.

As for the school board, I have read your posts before and tend to agree. We use private schools.

Hey Newbie from NEW HOPE

I have just been made aware that not only the City of Atlanta is concerned by the immature and inexperienced manner in which the Airport Authority is operating, It also appears that the FAA is getting fed up with the continuous misinformation that has been provided them.

http://www.savepauldingco.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/FAA-Letter-6-3-2017.pdf

A man's word is his bond and it teds to follow them in any endeavor they undertake.

What a shame when a federal agency has to chide the leadership of this County

I agree with you Whitey. If be ok with all of them folding and starting over.

The only area where I somewhat disagree is who we could possibly attract to lead the airport authority for that wage, or any wage. There's a reason that free agents don't want to play for losing teams with terrible support.

Stay tuned to this Social Media site and watch all the lawyers win & win & win...

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 3

Captain, the funny thing is, I really could not care less about the airport. I'm neither "pro", nor "anti". I respected the anti folks up until they became 10x's worse than the folks they were trying to defeat. I feel like we've replaced one regime with another far worse. The county embarrassments have multiplied under them, then they celebrate the embarrassment (this letter) as some sort of win when they should be hanging their heads in shame.

As for the school board, I have read your posts before and tend to agree. We use private schools.

The above letter bears out the facts that the leadership of the airport authority cannot be trusted and certainty the FAA has become fed up with all the misinformation coming from this authority.

The lawsuit from the City of Atlanta bears out that the leadership of this airport authority which is acting on issues that have not been brought to this Board of directors for approval.

Good ole boys who hire good ole boys to run pet projects and that secretly under the cover of darkness do misdeeds is not who we need running the airport .

I agree with you Whitey. If be ok with all of them folding and starting over.

Way past time to get out. The dealing is done and the only folks counting the money is the attorneys. This gamble was not a good one.

You've got to know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away

And know when to run

You never count your money

When you're sittin' at the table

There'll be time enough for countin'

When the dealin's done

from "The Gambler"

• Like 2

Way past time to get out. The dealing is done and the only folks counting the money is the attorneys. This gamble was not a good one.

You've got to know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away

And know when to run

You never count your money

When you're sittin' at the table

There'll be time enough for countin'

When the dealin's done

from "The Gambler"

That's what I'm saying. We're in a standoff and who's going to blink first.

We're on the losing end and will continue to lose more.

Just stop the madness, it's gone on far too long. There are no winners in this game.

• Like 2

That's what I'm saying. We're in a standoff and who's going to blink first.

We're on the losing end and will continue to lose more.

Just stop the madness, it's gone on far too long. There are no winners in this game.

The inexperience /incompetence of the Current Airport Director Mr. Tibbitts and the inexperience / incompetence of the Chairman of the of the Board of Commission Dave Carmichael Coupled with a new Chairman of the Airport Authority Boyd Austin in ability to attend all meetings of the Airport Authority then you can expect lawsuits Like the City of Atlanta has Filed against our County leaders.

When some of this group can SECRETLY without the approval of the Airport Authority in open meetings, break promises and do things that harms the City of Atlanta ,then you can expect to be sued. Why was this issue not discussed during a regular Airport Authority meeting.

Why was the previous Chairman David Austin allowed to secretly, on his last day in office, file a Quit claim deed for the 163 acres without approval from the Board of Commission.?

Citizens as long as we continue to allow the Airport Authority to secretly do things and hire / appoint individuals to the Airport Authority who do not question these secret deals and are willing to be a party and carry out the secret deals we will continue to be sued!!!!

As long as we sit back and refuse to question why they are not doing things in a open, Honest and Transparent manner, in compliance with the State laws that govern them, we will continue to see our property taxes increase to provide legal service to a Airport Authority that is totally out of control.

No other County that I know of would allow an Airport Authority to continually do things secretly without Board approval !!

The inexperience /incompetence of the Current Airport Director Mr. Tibbitts and the inexperience / incompetence of the Chairman of the of the Board of Commission Dave Carmichael Coupled with a new Chairman of the Airport Authority Boyd Austin in ability to attend all meetings of the Airport Authority then you can expect lawsuits Like the City of Atlanta has Filed against our County leaders.

When some of this group can SECRETLY without the approval of the Airport Authority in open meetings, break promises and do things that harms the City of Atlanta ,then you can expect to be sued. Why was this issue not discussed during a regular Airport Authority meeting.

Why was the previous Chairman David Austin allowed to secretly, on his last day in office, file a Quit claim deed for the 163 acres without approval from the Board of Commission.?

Citizens as long as we continue to allow the Airport Authority to secretly do things and hire / appoint individuals to the Airport Authority who do not question these secret deals and are willing to be a party and carry out the secret deals we will continue to be sued!!!!

As long as we sit back and refuse to question why they are not doing things in a open, Honest and Transparent manner, in compliance with the State laws that govern them, we will continue to see our property taxes increase to provide legal service to a Airport Authority that is totally out of control.

No other County that I know of would allow an Airport Authority to continually do things secretly without Board approval !!

Oh, boo hoo!

It's totally laughable for you to refer to Mr. Carmichael as inexperienced and incompetent. And, IRRC, you were leading the pack for Robbie?

It's done. It's over. Time to clean up the mess and move forward. I'm so sick of this.

Yep. Pass that along to the Chicken World 4 and the rest of the antis'.

Oh, boo hoo!

It's totally laughable for you to refer to Mr. Carmichael as inexperienced and incompetent. And, IRRC, you were leading the pack for Robbie?

Well you would think that Mr. Carmichael who is the Highest elected Board member of the Airport Authority would have notified the airport authority during the Special called airport meeting on June 29, 2017

I mean after all the Board did go into executive session for Litigation, as part of that meeting. DUH!!!! Mr. Carmichael had already been served the paper days earlier and others were aware that the Airport Authority was a Defendant in this law suit..

After all Mr.Carmichael is the CEO of Paulding County and did not even notify the Board of Commissioners or the Airport Authority until several days later. even though he has a special assistant who was fully capable of notifying anyone if they were instructed to do so.

That my friend is either incompetent or sneaky and trying to keep a secret as he has done so many times in the past on matters concerning the Airport.

• Like 1

Has the incompetent Airport Authority lost al lsense of fiscal responsibility?

http://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/west_georgia/state-wanting-more-details-on-planned-paulding-terminal-expansion-project/article_add42a82-4255-11e7-baf4-f7981e76ffa1.html

Yes folks you are reading that right they are planning on doing a TERMINAL AREA EXPANSION costing millions of dollars that the taxpayers of Paulding County could ultimately be responsible for.

The initial grading will be perfumed by The grading Company owned by the former Airport Chairman Calvin Thompson total cost of close to two million just for the grading

The airport authority recently (December 2016) bought the leases from the IBA and went indebt for $1,200,000 all the while not paying anything on the $3,200,000 Bond that the previous commission voted to approve for the runway taxi way extension in 2013.

Was is so significant here the facility now is only marginally used with plenty of parking huge unused rooms in the terminal building, plenty of tie down room etc.

Not to mention the law suit that the City of Atlanta just filed that could cost property owners millions to settle if they stay the course and don't fulfill their commitment to not have commercial passenger service.

If we don't stop this ,now, soon it will be to late

Share on social media this and talk to your friends and neighbors

This terminal area expansion is not needed for General aviation and will ultimately cost the tax payers (property Owners) millions in additional property taxes.. Call Chairman Carmichael .....770-443-7550 and tell him to make the airport Authority pay their current debts before going in debt any deeper

• Like 1

A trout habitat?

A terminal expansion? Another build it and they will come? Who in the hell approved a terminal expansion? And what was it for again?

This is like a never ending nightmare.

We need business parks with businesses. Not empty terminals and tarmacs

• Like 1

I've decided to take a different approach. I'm now praying for our Commissioners, Chairman, Airport Authority, Court Judges, Lawyers & Propeller. I now realize it will take God's intervention to straighten all of this out. I also realize my involvement, advise, council, suggestions or ideas will change nothing.

• Like 3

I've decided to take a different approach. I'm now praying for our Commissioners, Chairman, Airport Authority, Court Judges, Lawyers & Propeller. I now realize it will take God's intervention to straighten all of this out. I also realize my involvement, advise, council, suggestions or ideas will change nothing.

Thank you! I was in a moment of fury when I typed that last night, but you're right, prayer and Only Gods intervention can make sense of all this confusion.

Edited by lowrider
  • Like 1

I wonder if we are well passed the crossroads when it comes to the future of this county.

We are going to be a bedroom community and nothing will stop it. The only real money to be made here is in real estate and construction. Our property values are going through the ceiling right now. There really is no need for an IBA, Economic development or even an airport authority. The airport needs a director and minimum staff.

All the tax money we need will now come from homeowners the positive side of exploding home and land values going up.

The ship has truly sailed. We will see a lot more retail and restaurant moving in over the next few years. The chamber probably does not even have to market us for that anymore.

We will build back the hobby flyers and maybe a corporate jet or 2 who knows.

I think we need to cut our losses when it comes to any paid positions for industrial businesses coming here.

I remember how strong the real estate and construction was before the bubble and it will rule again in Paulding.

Roads and schools are the big agenda items from here on out.

I never believed we were in any danger of having enough commercial service to be a big problem. We may have had cargo as UPS and Fed ex often need auxiliary landing facilities.

For me the loss of potential industry and jobs on 278 is the bigger loss. The way the airport issue went down from day one has destroyed this counties reputation in those circles.

How did it all go so wrong? There were a number of liars and sneakers in place in this game. Instead of wiping the slate clean they were left in place because they managed to convince others that this was how it had to be done.

I know many blame the citizens that went against this airport. They would have never gotten as far as they did had the liars and sneakers not still been in the game.

As long as we have liars and sneakers making the rules this county will never see a balanced and stable economy.

• Like 1

At this point, I think the ship has sailed.

Good idea to cut back on staff, only what's necessary. We won't be getting any industry or good paying jobs. Just more fast food and shops.

I'll be gone in less than a year and my taxes won't pay for all of these lying non-essential nepotistic folks.

Edited by lowrider

At this point, I think the ship has sailed.

Good idea to cut back on staff, only what's necessary. We won't be getting any industry or good paying jobs. Just more fast food and shops.

I'll be gone in less than a year and my taxes won't pay for all of these lying non-essential nepotistic folks.

lowrider

we also need for the Airport Authority to pay the existing bills that they have refused / unable to pay, That the property owners are having to pay before they go in debt for any more major expansions at the airport.

The Airport Authority under the airport director urging proposed this expansion.

I am concerned why the Airport Authority did not include any money in the FY 2018 to repay the money for the 3.2 million bond issue that was passed by the previous Commission Which BTW Dave Carmichael was member of!!!

Authorities should be made to live up to all written / agreements Contracts!!!!

What ever happen to the promise from the Airport Authority that the airport would not cost the property owners "ONE RED CENT

Call the airport Director Terry Tibbitts 770-505-7700 and Commission Chair nan Dave Carmichael 770-443-7550 and tell them to pay their bills and live up to all contracts before doing any more expansions at the airport.

I wonder if we are well passed the crossroads when it comes to the future of this county.

We are going to be a bedroom community and nothing will stop it. The only real money to be made here is in real estate and construction. Our property values are going through the ceiling right now. There really is no need for an IBA, Economic development or even an airport authority. The airport needs a director and minimum staff.

All the tax money we need will now come from homeowners the positive side of exploding home and land values going up.

The ship has truly sailed. We will see a lot more retail and restaurant moving in over the next few years. The chamber probably does not even have to market us for that anymore.

We will build back the hobby flyers and maybe a corporate jet or 2 who knows.

I think we need to cut our losses when it comes to any paid positions for industrial businesses coming here.

I remember how strong the real estate and construction was before the bubble and it will rule again in Paulding.

Roads and schools are the big agenda items from here on out.

I never believed we were in any danger of having enough commercial service to be a big problem. We may have had cargo as UPS and Fed ex often need auxiliary landing facilities.

For me the loss of potential industry and jobs on 278 is the bigger loss. The way the airport issue went down from day one has destroyed this counties reputation in those circles.

How did it all go so wrong? There were a number of liars and sneakers in place in this game. Instead of wiping the slate clean they were left in place because they managed to convince others that this was how it had to be done.

I know many blame the citizens that went against this airport. They would have never gotten as far as they did had the liars and sneakers not still been in the game.

As long as we have liars and sneakers making the rules this county will never see a balanced and stable economy.

LPPT

The last paragraph of your post says it all!!!

We have at least five business parks around this County today, That needed to be promoted by the Chamber and the Industrial Building Authority and the Paulding County Economic Developement

Hundreds acres of land in these existing parks need to be marketed to bring in jobs.

Watch the IBA meetings on video and the Chamber members who are members of this Authority and you will quickly realize why these business parks are basically laying idle,, Business parks with Water ,Sewer paved Roads etc. but not being promoted

LPPT

The last paragraph of your post says it all!!!

We have at least five business parks around this County today, That needed to be promoted by the Chamber and the Industrial Building Authority and the Paulding County Economic Developement

Hundreds acres of land in these existing parks need to be marketed to bring in jobs.

Watch the IBA meetings on video and the Chamber members who are members of this Authority and you will quickly realize why these business parks are basically laying idle,, Business parks with Water ,Sewer paved Roads etc. but not being promoted

I spoke to the people that counted about the lying and the sneaking. I learned a life lesson that I hope our community leaders in the future rely on. Just because it is a saying repeated many times does not make it so. The means do not justify the end. Even if you believe that ultimately you are doing what is best even for the majority allowing lies and sneaking ultimately end up doing harm.

What I have to say is relevant today and always. When actions are justified by destroying the character if those claiming to be lied to it is a red flag. There was wide spread character assassination because there were way to many lied to.

I hope that we can have new leadership in the future not tainted by the past here. Until that happens it will be an uphill battle to reach the potential of Paulding county. If out future is a bedroom community. I hope it can be the best damn bedroom community in the metro. For this to happen it must be inclusive not exclusive.

We will need a lot of people to work the many service and min wage jobs that come with a bedroom community. I hope that we can shape this county into a positive place for them to live. If we don't then our taxes will support a massive judicial system. Those who thought the airport would bring in criminals need to know that the business coming to Paulding create a huge population of working poor. We need good leadership here.

• Like 1

*waving* at Whitey, I was wondering were you had been the other day..... I hope you have been ok.... did you have a garden?

as for as this topic goes, so i am so over all of this.........