Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

TRUTH

There was a grain of truth in what the CNN reporter had to say.

At the end of the day it is advertising dollars that fuel the tv hour news and the internet.

They are selling drama an addiction that many acquired watching tv dramas all their lives.

Now everything is made overly dramatic. Our government is responding to the drama because the American people demand it.

Every little issue is portrayed and reacted to in the extreme. This is why we now have an extreme personality in the White house.

Keeping it between the ditches is now seen as doing nothing about the extreme problems with this country.

We have a bigger problem than we know because manipulating us has become way to easy.

We know there were multiple blog sites that became viral during the election that simply vanished into thin air.

If you live outside of the US do you ever ask just how easy is it to turn Americans against you?

We had better get a grip on this before it destroys us.

We have gone after Muslims and Mexicans so far, who is next on the list? We blame our poor people in our own country for our biggest problems. We don't just come to the these conclusions on our own.

There is simply no precedent for an American president to spend so much time telling untruths. Every president has shaded the truth or told occasional whoppers. No other president — of either party — has behaved as Trump is behaving. He is trying to create an atmosphere in which reality is irrelevant.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

Network as a great movie. I've seen it a dozen times. I especially liked it when the Chairman of CCA convinces Howard (the guy speaking above) that he was the God and he wanted Howard to tell everyone how great a corporate dominated world would be ... killed the ratings so the programming people had to kill Howard. Some terrorists gunned him down during a spiel.

pubby

I really liked my insurance... Obama said I could keep it.

8)

Your insurance company walked away because there was not enough profit left when they could not deny health care. You are well read enough to know exactly what happened to your insurance. We did it the Republican way to get healthcare reform passed. A way was found to keep them in business and profitable. Profits from our tax dollars that could have created the greatest healthcare system in the world. They are killing medicaid by de-funding it. I will help you understand this. Direct funding went away, it all went through an insurance provider. When that money goes away and over 50% can not afford it or refuse to pay it, what do think will happen to the insurance company you think cares about you and wants to pay whatever it takes for you to get your health back.

I am waiting for Trumps promise to create great healthcare just like he promised. Surely he meant that for everyone not just his wealthy cronies. In fact everyone had access to great healthcare up to a million dollars before this, they just had to be able to pay the premiums, have no pre-existing conditions and be able to afford their deductibles and co-pays.

It's going to be an interesting year watching this fall apart.

Your insurance company walked away because there was not enough profit left when they could not deny health care. You are well read enough to know exactly what happened to your insurance. We did it the Republican way to get healthcare reform passed. A way was found to keep them in business and profitable. Profits from our tax dollars that could have created the greatest healthcare system in the world. They are killing medicaid by de-funding it. I will help you understand this. Direct funding went away, it all went through an insurance provider. When that money goes away and over 50% can not afford it or refuse to pay it, what do think will happen to the insurance company you think cares about you and wants to pay whatever it takes for you to get your health back.

I am waiting for Trumps promise to create great healthcare just like he promised. Surely he meant that for everyone not just his wealthy cronies. In fact everyone had access to great healthcare up to a million dollars before this, they just had to be able to pay the premiums, have no pre-existing conditions and be able to afford their deductibles and co-pays.

It's going to be an interesting year watching this fall apart.

My premiums doubled and my deductible quadrupled because the Democrats

decided they knew better what kind of insurance coverage my family required.

8)

• Like 1

My premiums doubled and my deductible quadrupled because the Democrats

decided they knew better what kind of insurance coverage my family required.

8)

My insurance went up and went crappy too. The dems never wanted to include insurance in reform. You can thank the Republicans for that.

My insurance went up and went crappy too. The dems never wanted to include insurance in reform. You can thank the Republicans for that.

If the Democrats never wanted to reform health insurance, then why in the hell did they create Obamacare?

• Like 1

If the Democrats never wanted to reform health insurance, then why in the hell did they create Obamacare?

You really don't know the answer to that. I am having trouble getting my mind around it. First and for most there is no such thing as Obama care never has been never will. I believe that you are intelligent enough to know that there is no such thing as Obama care insurance. It is health care reform. What was created was the definition of comprehensive health care. It changed the way we address healthcare in this country to what is considered good healthcare rather than the amount of healthcare an individual can afford.

The democrats believed the only way that it could be done was trough single payer. It became apparent that single payer would never pass. What we got was a compromise that cut medical insurance into the action.

We discovered what we knew all along and that is insurance companies can't do what they claim to do and be profitable.

There is no logic in the pursuit of insurance companies providing for good health care. The logic that we have used is we want and need a certain segment of the population to suffer and die for lack of healthcare. You can wrap it up in all the rhetoric you want but the logical conclusion remains the same.

• Like 1

You want the truth? Neither party gives a damn about your health coverage. Both sides are using it as a political tool. One side falsely scaring the hell out of the elderly and uneducated. The other side throwing together a bill that is no better conceived than Obama Care. Donny "Two Times" needs to calm down, form a think tank of health care/economist and take time to write a real bill that helps as many people as possible without putting the burden on the working families to support the unemployed/under employed. I would like to see existing conditions addressed as well as protection for the elderly/handicapped/children and short term for the recently unemployed. I do not think any part of this bill should be mandatory nor do I think it should cover people who chose their lifestyle (professionally unemployed/drug addicts/gangsters/professional entitlement junkies, etc.) and expect me to pay their way too. If you opt out then that is your choice and I hope you stay very healthy. If it takes two years to write, then take two years. Quit rushing half assed policy that effects millions through just to tweet about it like a jackass.

• Like 7

Insurance used to be what it was meant for. Now, it's for the billionaris to make money by!

It's just like Stonewall says.

But, I say if the billionairs are going to cover us, we better stop doing critical thinking, and stay calm. They will treat us a lot better,

Even cattle are healthier when they are calm. on the way to slaughter.

It is actually very easy to understand. The Democrats want a single payer AKA government healthcare system like most other countries have. There was no way they could do that in a single move. So the first move is to make healthcare become something that people think they have a right to and make it the law that you have to have it and have the government subsidize it, thus giving us Obamacare.

The Republicans can't just repeal Obamacare and open up the free market because they know the people would never go for that because they have had Obamacare for 8 years now and they would probably get voted out of office.(job protection is number 1 priority for a politician). So the Republicans have to come up with some other plan which in all reality is just another version of Obamacare which still subsidizes the insurance companies which is just another step toward socialized healthcare. The Republican plan actually gives more money to the insurance companies then Obamacare does.

There is no turning back now that people have had the taste of Obamacare. I give it 10-15 years we will be at a single payer healthcare system.

Of course what the media does not tell you is that out of the 24 million who would "lose" their healthcare with the Republican plan 18 million of those are people who would voluntarily cancel their plans because they do not want them. The only reason they have the plans is because it was the law under Obamacare. People are forced to buy plans they do not want under Obamacare.

We are now a country were the majority of people would rather give up their freedom of choice and individual rights for the protective umbrella of government.

Truth of the matter is the Republicans could offer to give free healthcare coverage to ALL citizens and the Democrats would be against it.

• Like 5

You really don't know the answer to that. I am having trouble getting my mind around it. First and for most there is no such thing as Obama care never has been never will. I believe that you are intelligent enough to know that there is no such thing as Obama care insurance. It is health care reform. What was created was the definition of comprehensive health care. It changed the way we address healthcare in this country to what is considered good healthcare rather than the amount of healthcare an individual can afford.

The democrats believed the only way that it could be done was trough single payer. It became apparent that single payer would never pass. What we got was a compromise that cut medical insurance into the action.

We discovered what we knew all along and that is insurance companies can't do what they claim to do and be profitable.

There is no logic in the pursuit of insurance companies providing for good health care. The logic that we have used is we want and need a certain segment of the population to suffer and die for lack of healthcare. You can wrap it up in all the rhetoric you want but the logical conclusion remains the same.

The ACA is also known as Obamacare. Pretty much everyone calls it that to include the MSM and Democrats. You said the Democrats never wanted to include insurance reform and that's BS. Go back to the Clinton administration and look at how they wanted Hillary's plan. What the Democrats really want is a single-payer program and that to is insurance reform.

The ACA is also known as Obamacare. Pretty much everyone calls it that to include the MSM and Democrats. You said the Democrats never wanted to include insurance reform and that's BS. Go back to the Clinton administration and look at how they wanted Hillary's plan. What the Democrats really want is a single-payer program and that to is insurance reform.

I guess it is a perception issue. I don't really see single payer as an insurance. I see it as medicaid for all. Some of the reform was much like I pictured it to be. We had to be 100% in for it to work. Meaning that there had to be a dollar amount in the healthcare system for everyone even if the government had to put in that dollar. We know what our population is. We work out the numbers of cost per person to allow the healthcare system to thrive. We put a stop to Americans being ripped off for drugs and hardware from those providers. meaning we don't pay anymore than any other country for those things. A percent of those dollars go directly to R&D and not at the whim of lawmakers to fund it. I still believe that it should be a separate arm of government overseen by people with many years in the health field. I have dreamed that we would do it our own way and make it the best. That is why I want to see it have it's own office.

There is something so inherently evil about denying healthcare to a segment of our population. All except the very rich can find themselves in that position due to serious illness.

I sometimes picture our lawmakers trying to find a solution. They must shake their heads and come to terms with the reality that a large block of voters want people in this country to go without healthcare not because there is not enough or not enough money. There has to be some punishment for being poor. That is the only thing that makes sense, right there in plain english. The result of what people are asking for is exactly that.

• Like 1

It is actually very easy to understand. The Democrats want a single payer AKA government healthcare system like most other countries have. There was no way they could do that in a single move. So the first move is to make healthcare become something that people think they have a right to and make it the law that you have to have it and have the government subsidize it, thus giving us Obamacare.

The Republicans can't just repeal Obamacare and open up the free market because they know the people would never go for that because they have had Obamacare for 8 years now and they would probably get voted out of office.(job protection is number 1 priority for a politician). So the Republicans have to come up with some other plan which in all reality is just another version of Obamacare which still subsidizes the insurance companies which is just another step toward socialized healthcare. The Republican plan actually gives more money to the insurance companies then Obamacare does.

There is no turning back now that people have had the taste of Obamacare. I give it 10-15 years we will be at a single payer healthcare system.

Of course what the media does not tell you is that out of the 24 million who would "lose" their healthcare with the Republican plan 18 million of those are people who would voluntarily cancel their plans because they do not want them. The only reason they have the plans is because it was the law under Obamacare. People are forced to buy plans they do not want under Obamacare.

We are now a country were the majority of people would rather give up their freedom of choice and individual rights for the protective umbrella of government.

Truth of the matter is the Republicans could offer to give free healthcare coverage to ALL citizens and the Democrats would be against it.

Actually, the reason the Republicans don't have a plan that is different from obamacare is that Obama appropriated the Heritage foundation privatized insurance program. Obamacare was, for all intents and purposes, romneycare from MA - that maintained the role of private insurance companies in the provision of health care insurance. And that element was written largely by the insurers.

BTW: you're suggestion that 18 million of the 24 million who would lose health care is actually not due to the failure of the market exchanges; rather it is the inability of medicaid to keep up with the growth of the population as funding levels are capped in such a way that a portion of those receiving coverage now will be kicked off as well. The six million remaining probably are those who are just priced out of the equation.

This appropriation of the GOP plan pushed the GOP all the way right to the Koch Bro's plan, which is let the peons either pay out the wazoo or die. You can see that in the framing of the issue as 'freedom of choice' and 'individual rights' ... like someone who collapses on the sidewalk in a grand mal seizure has any agency of choice.

I guess it is a perception issue. I don't really see single payer as an insurance. I see it as medicaid for all. Some of the reform was much like I pictured it to be. We had to be 100% in for it to work. Meaning that there had to be a dollar amount in the healthcare system for everyone even if the government had to put in that dollar. We know what our population is. We work out the numbers of cost per person to allow the healthcare system to thrive. We put a stop to Americans being ripped off for drugs and hardware from those providers. meaning we don't pay anymore than any other country for those things. A percent of those dollars go directly to R&D and not at the whim of lawmakers to fund it. I still believe that it should be a separate arm of government overseen by people with many years in the health field. I have dreamed that we would do it our own way and make it the best. That is why I want to see it have it's own office.

There is something so inherently evil about denying healthcare to a segment of our population. All except the very rich can find themselves in that position due to serious illness.

I sometimes picture our lawmakers trying to find a solution. They must shake their heads and come to terms with the reality that a large block of voters want people in this country to go without healthcare not because there is not enough or not enough money. There has to be some punishment for being poor. That is the only thing that makes sense, right there in plain english. The result of what people are asking for is exactly that.

Yes, there is something inherently evil in this; it is elevation of the rights of property over the rights of people in a democracy. The only answer that the right, which asserts the primacy of property rights, is the destruction of democratic concepts of majority rule; that society can demand from the body politic, the allocation of resources to meet the basic demand implied by people for health care.

But what concerns me as much as the evil nature of this is its monumental stupidity.

For some absurd reason the ultra rich think their acquisition of wealth will protect them from the challenges posed by epidemics that are common to the human race. Life will eventually create circumstances where a virus or some other disease will gain a foothold and kill millions if not billions indiscriminately. The sad part is that nothing but a strong, healthy population of humanity constantly monitored and cared for will have the best chance to thwart an epidemic.

pubby