1 reply to this topic

#1 ericschief

ericschief

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

I have been trying to do research into apprenticeship programs for trades/careers for aspergers (autism) kids. There are a lot of web sites, but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone else with experience or knowledge of how, what, when & where these programs are in our area? Our "kid" is a young adult now and needs a future where he can support himself. Tried Wally World (no go), tried temp services for employment (nothing yet), even when thru GA Rehab/Vocational Agency (some help, mostly disappointing). Kid has GED/Drivers License, etc. the basics and is willing to work and learn a trade. Enjoys hands on work, not set in classroom (tried West GA Tech - requires those college courses just to get a welding certification). 

#2 grumps

grumps

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

I have been trying to do research into apprenticeship programs for trades/careers for aspergers (autism) kids. There are a lot of web sites, but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone else with experience or knowledge of how, what, when & where these programs are in our area? Our "kid" is a young adult now and needs a future where he can support himself. Tried Wally World (no go), tried temp services for employment (nothing yet), even when thru GA Rehab/Vocational Agency (some help, mostly disappointing). Kid has GED/Drivers License, etc. the basics and is willing to work and learn a trade. Enjoys hands on work, not set in classroom (tried West GA Tech - requires those college courses just to get a welding certification). 

Have you looked at chattahoochie tech they have welding and other blue collar type classes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics