Paulding.com

Any paulding peeps have a teen daughter....

Mine came back from college very close to a vegan (couldn't give up General's Chicken) but has now gone over to the dark side completely.

At 17, I would think she's still growing, but as long as she's eating beans and other high protein veggies, I would think she should be fine.

Maybe 2yrs. I do not think it is healthy.

If you believe your daughter is not healthy, maybe have talk with her doctor and see what he/she thinks.

I personally would not allow my children to be strictly vegans as long they are still under my roof. Children should not be vegan very young.

Edited by Brian

. It is not healthy. The body needs cholesterol & B12 for proper brain function and hormone regulation. (I was a vegetarian for 2 years and it wrecked my health.)

This is something we agree on! I had the same problem and now have to watch for symptoms to keep my b12 up. My son is vegetarian because of a genetic disorder he has the same issue with b12. Stiff you might want to have her look at some health problems from being vegan. A lot of doctors don't immediately recognize some vitamin deficiency symptoms. Most people are not prepared to go to the lengths it takes to be a healthy vegan.

• Like 1

Being vegan is a total lifestyle change. Especially as a young female who is still growing and experiencing menustration. She needs to be well educated on what to eat and how often.

We are meat eating mammals. We need a certain amount of fat in our body for healthy hair, nails and skin. And our bodies produce cholesterol. We need so many vitamins to keep us healthy or we run the risk of being unhealthy which can cause a myriad of problems.

At least she could add fish to her diet, she just needs to be aware of where the fish comes from. I never buy any fish products from Asian countries.

You didn't say how strict of a vegan she is but help her get all of the information she needs.

• Like 1