Paulding.com

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know Judge Beavers, I wouldn't recognize him if we passed on the street but an honest judge, an honorable judge that had his kind of relationship with a defendant would have recused himself fr

Somebody needs to go back and see how the bond was set on that guy that killed his son a few years ago. I remember that it was set really high and then they went back after a few months and asked for

Seems like the kind of story some investigative reporter would love to get their hands on, don't most local TV stations have a anonymus ways to contact them with stuff like this ?

Posted Images

I don't know the law....but, could Bates have appealed the decision? If so, can he be arrested if the case is being appealed? I'm just wondering if there is any legal reason he has not been arrested. If not, someone needs to step in and make it happen!

I also know if this was you or I, we would be in jail....

Edited by icare

I do not think he can appeal it until he has actually been arrested, and tried in a court of law... as far as I know there is no legal reason why his sorry butt is not sitting in jail... I guess those Friends and family he knows in high places is paying off for him... smh.... dfacs has approved for him to see kids Nov 1, (which was approved before indictment) IN MY OPINION the so called judge in this case is holding out on signing warrant until Johnathan sees his kids... also IN MY OPINION he should not be allowed to see the kids since 2 of them were in the room when their mother was murdered... so now that he has been indicted I hope he looses the right to see the kids.. he does not need to try to sway them in any way on what they seen. my opinion.

• Like 2

I don't know the law....but, could Bates have appealed the decision? If so, can he be arrested if the case is being appealed? I'm just wondering if there is any legal reason he has not been arrested. If not, someone needs to step in and make it happen!

I also know if this was you or I, we would be in jail....

He threatened me with 10yrs and $10,000 when he put me on a BS protective order because I wouldn't shut up. There's going to be more details released about that in the very near future.

Warrant signed today. for Johnathan Bates Warrant issued by court so the judge signing can set a bond. Tony Beavers set 15,000.00 bond WITHOUT Bates even being arrested. Bates has not been located nor arrested. but bond has already been set.. so as soon as he is arrested, or appears in front of judge, he can go home as long as someone is there to pay his bond since the bond has already been set and signed

Bates has 1 count malice murder, 1 count felony murder, 2 counts of child cruelty against him but yet he will be out on bond? how many people are sitting in jail right now for no bond set for less crimes? and I am referring to paulding jail.

I have never ever heard of bond being set before the accused even appears in front of a judge or is arrested. this was done a$$ backwards . he should have been arrested, and NO bond set.. but if there was a bond set then that should have been done after he was arrested..

Warrant signed today. for Johnathan Bates Warrant issued by court so the judge signing can set a bond. Tony Beavers set 15,000.00 bond WITHOUT Bates even being arrested. Bates has not been located nor arrested. but bond has already been set.. so as soon as he is arrested, or appears in front of judge, he can go home as long as someone is there to pay his bond since the bond has already been set and signed

Bates has 1 count malice murder, 1 count felony murder, 2 counts of child cruelty against him but yet he will be out on bond? how many people are sitting in jail right now for no bond set for less crimes? and I am referring to paulding jail.

I have never ever heard of bond being set before the accused even appears in front of a judge or is arrested. this was done a$$ backwards . he should have been arrested, and NO bond set.. but if there was a bond set then that should have been done after he was arrested..

Somebody needs to go back and see how the bond was set on that guy that killed his son a few years ago. I remember that it was set really high and then they went back after a few months and asked for it to be lowered. I just don't understand how a bond can be so low for those charges. Sure hope the news stations stay on top of this.

• Like 5

He has been arrested.... and booked in paulding jail, from what i have seen he was on the run... so therefore bond should be denied period.. it should have never been set to start with, considering the charges. and it sure should not have been set before he was even arrested.....

• Like 2

bnd.jpg

I'm confused....Beavers set the bond and then signed the warrant?

from what i understand the court issued a warrant (not sure what that means) and then Tony Beavers signed off on a set bond before Jonathan even appeared in front of judge to make a plea. he did not make an appearance before the bond was signed off on. but since he was on the run i am pretty sure bond will be denied now which it should have never been set.

he is out of jail....

That didn't even last a week. This story is on the cusp of going viral on twitter. It can erupt or it can fizzle. If you are on twitter, get ready to RT.

I don’t see how!!!! All of the other charges said held for prosecution.

And since when can you get out of jail for murder for $1600?

Like I said before, maybe the news stations need to question why so low compared to that guy that killed his son a few years ago. Killing is killing--period!

If the prosecution truly wants to win this case and not just put on some kind of show he will move the case out of this county because he will most certainly not get a fair and impartial trial in Paulding.

Meanwhile judge Beavers needs to step down from the bench.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 4

https://www.change.org/p/dick-donovan-justice-for-cynde-bates/nftexp/ex19/v6/5301298?recruiter=5301298&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=autopublish&utm_content=ex19%3Av6

Justice for Cynde Bates/Remove Judge Tonny Beavers from this case

On May 5, 2017, Cynde Bates was beaten to death by her husband, Jonathan Bates in front of their two young children, ages 4 and 7. He had a long history of abusing his wife. Cynde’s family as well as some of Jonathan’s family members have given statements to the police about this abuse.

Jonathan Bates’ foster parents are former Paulding County Superior Court Judge Bill Foster and his wife Cindy Foster. Jonathan Bates has a long criminal history and the Fosters have consistently gotten him out of trouble with the courts and had rules bent in his favor.

Before Jonathan murdered Cynde, he was arrested on Probation Violation. Anyone familiar knows bail is not set for people who violate their probation. Cynde was planning to leave him and move in with her sister while he was in jail. Unfortunately, Jonathan’s foster mother, Cindy Foster, managed to get the current Paulding County Superior Court Judge, Tonny Beavers, to allow her to bail Jonathan out of jail. Jonathan came home before his wife, Cynde had the chance to leave. He beat her over a period of two days. She died from blunt force trauma to the back of the head. Jonathan was arrested and charged with Malice Murder, Battery and two counts of Cruelty to Children. Judge Beavers threw out all the charges except the Battery Charge and set his bail at $1500.00.

The detectives on the case, however, were not ready to give up on pursuing justice for Cynde. They built their case and on October 25, 2017, a Grand Jury indicted Jonathan Bates for Felony Murder, Battery and two counts of Cruelty to Children. Judge Beavers held of signing the arrest warrant for days, Jonathan Bates was finally arrested on October 30, 2017. His bail was set by Judge Beavers for $16,750. That is very low for a Murder charge.

Jonathan Bates was bailed out November 3, 2017. Everyone in Paulding County and even people following this case outside of Paulding County can see the conflict of interest here. Judge Beavers has a long friendship with former Judge Bill Foster, Jonathan’s foster dad. He has a clear bias in favor of the defendant because of his friendship with Bill and Cindy Foster. If Jonathan had no relationship with a person with that kind of sway and power within Paulding County, his bail would have been set according to the seriousness of the crimes he has been charged with.

Please sign this petition to have Judge Tonny Beavers recused from this Murder case. Cynde Bates deserves justice and so does her family and friends.

This petition will be delivered to:
  • Paulding County DA
    Dick Donovan
  • Governor of Georgia
    Governor Nathan Deal
  • Like 4

Secretary of State website shows Raymond F Phillips? Or at least he is the CEO, CFO and Registered Agent.

And Jill E. Newman is the Secretary.

https://ecorp.sos.ga.gov/BusinessSearch/BusinessInformation?businessId=881526&businessType=Domestic%20Profit%20Corporation

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy
  • Like 1

If you look at the Sheriff's info--his release was authorized by Judge Beavers. Most folks will say Paulding Quick Bail or another bail company. Very interesting.

Paulding Quick Bail is who posted the bail, the bond was set by Judge Beavers without a bond set there would not have been a Paulding Quick Bail

Paulding Quick Bail is who posted the bail, the bond was set by Judge Beavers without a bond set there would not have been a Paulding Quick Bail

I get that Beavers set the bond--I know how it works (didn't work in a law office for years for nothing). The thing I am saying is that if you look at his record--the following are down for who authorized the release. Most arrest records have the name of the bail company there, not the Judge. Just makes it look like a lot of favoritism. Could be an easy explanation that the person keying in the info was wrong, but it does make it look suspicious.

CINDY FOSTER , MAJ GOBLE/SIG BOND , JUDGE FARR , JUDGE VALBUENA , DEMENT,CYNTHIA , PAULDING QUICK BAIL , JUDGE VALBUENA , JUDGE BEAVERS , , JUDGE BEAVERS

I get that Beavers set the bond--I know how it works (didn't work in a law office for years for nothing). The thing I am saying is that if you look at his record--the following are down for who authorized the release. Most arrest records have the name of the bail company there, not the Judge. Just makes it look like a lot of favoritism. Could be an easy explanation that the person keying in the info was wrong, but it does make it look suspicious.

CINDY FOSTER , MAJ GOBLE/SIG BOND , JUDGE FARR , JUDGE VALBUENA , DEMENT,CYNTHIA , PAULDING QUICK BAIL , JUDGE VALBUENA , JUDGE BEAVERS , , JUDGE BEAVERS

It's not favoritism, tbird, it's Good Old Boy Brotherly Love. They pay no attention to constitutional law when it comes to the love they enjoy for one another. They make the LGBT people look like amateurs.

The petition has reached 8,000+ in under 5 days. It's on track to make 10,000 in just over a week.

https://www.change.org/p/dick-donovan-justice-for-cynde-bates/nftexp/ex19/v6/5301298?recruiter=5301298&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=autopublish&utm_content=ex19%3Av6

Justice for Cynde Bates/Remove Judge Tonny Beavers from this case

On May 5, 2017, Cynde Bates was beaten to death by her husband, Jonathan Bates in front of their two young children, ages 4 and 7. He had a long history of abusing his wife. Cynde’s family as well as some of Jonathan’s family members have given statements to the police about this abuse.

Jonathan Bates’ foster parents are former Paulding County Superior Court Judge Bill Foster and his wife Cindy Foster. Jonathan Bates has a long criminal history and the Fosters have consistently gotten him out of trouble with the courts and had rules bent in his favor.

Before Jonathan murdered Cynde, he was arrested on Probation Violation. Anyone familiar knows bail is not set for people who violate their probation. Cynde was planning to leave him and move in with her sister while he was in jail. Unfortunately, Jonathan’s foster mother, Cindy Foster, managed to get the current Paulding County Superior Court Judge, Tonny Beavers, to allow her to bail Jonathan out of jail. Jonathan came home before his wife, Cynde had the chance to leave. He beat her over a period of two days. She died from blunt force trauma to the back of the head. Jonathan was arrested and charged with Malice Murder, Battery and two counts of Cruelty to Children. Judge Beavers threw out all the charges except the Battery Charge and set his bail at $1500.00.

The detectives on the case, however, were not ready to give up on pursuing justice for Cynde. They built their case and on October 25, 2017, a Grand Jury indicted Jonathan Bates for Felony Murder, Battery and two counts of Cruelty to Children. Judge Beavers held of signing the arrest warrant for days, Jonathan Bates was finally arrested on October 30, 2017. His bail was set by Judge Beavers for $16,750. That is very low for a Murder charge.

Jonathan Bates was bailed out November 3, 2017. Everyone in Paulding County and even people following this case outside of Paulding County can see the conflict of interest here. Judge Beavers has a long friendship with former Judge Bill Foster, Jonathan’s foster dad. He has a clear bias in favor of the defendant because of his friendship with Bill and Cindy Foster. If Jonathan had no relationship with a person with that kind of sway and power within Paulding County, his bail would have been set according to the seriousness of the crimes he has been charged with.

Please sign this petition to have Judge Tonny Beavers recused from this Murder case. Cynde Bates deserves justice and so does her family and friends.

This petition will be delivered to:

• Paulding County DA

Dick Donovan

• Governor of Georgia

Governor Nathan Deal

i did not mean to insinuate you did not know what you were talking about, i thought it was a question.

The petition has reached 8,000+ in under 5 days. It's on track to make 10,000 in just over a week.

I hope it keeps gaining signatures... not sure what good it is going to do, but it is something... from the JQC site it is very hard to remove a sitting judge that a Gov appointed.. and since this judge has already started this case in a round about way, judges are hard to remove also. but in the mean time the accused is walking around free and flaunting his release. plus he has seen his kids who were in the room when their mother was killed. to me that is not right, they could be witness's so he should be no were around them. so not sure what dfacs was thinking in that case.

• 4 months later...

This is what happens when a judge that should recuse himself, doesn't do it.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/37873992/formerly-convicted-child-molester-released-from-prison

Actually there are quite a few people whose release authorizations list a judge or (former) sheriff; for some, this is the case across multiple arrests. To his credit (I guess), I have yet to see Gary's name listed in that capacity.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe last weekend made a year and what has been done? :(

• 1 year later...
On 6/8/2017 at 9:20 AM, tbird said:

Exactly what I was thinking!! The family should have her death certificate that would surely show the correct cause of death?? If I remember, she was on life support for a short period?

Some folks in this county have gotten away with stuff for far too long!! Something needs to change!!!

I am the victims sister she was on life support for a very short period and their children was in the home when he killed my sister he didnt call anybodh to help my sister for a very long couple hours that could have made a difference (maybe) he hit her in the back of the head and caused her brain to detach from her brain stem he was always abusive to my sister and he was even that way with the people that lived nexted door and ect.... 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Justice 4 cynde said:

I am the victims sister she was on life support for a very short period and their children was in the home when he killed my sister he didnt call anybodh to help my sister for a very long couple hours that could have made a difference (maybe) he hit her in the back of the head and caused her brain to detach from her brain stem he was always abusive to my sister and he was even that way with the people that lived nexted door and ect.... 

Where is the case now?

Pre-trial motions and disposition of motions avail a crooked judge the opportunity to suppress evidence. It is the reason why a troubling judge with conflicts of interest should recuse himself. Cases can be lost based on the suppression of evidence prior to any trial. It can even determine if a case even goes to trial at all.

Edited by DomesticViolenceByProxy
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Rumor has it this case may go to trial in April. Has anyone heard anything?