Paulding.com

Allegedly, Jonathan Bates, foster son of Judge Foster, beat his wife...she was placed on life support and she later died. Allegedly, after the incident, he went to his foster Dad's houses and when authorities came to arrest him, Judge Foster required a warrant that delayed the arrest and investigation. Allegedly, the crime scene was cleaned. Jonathan Bates was charged with malice murder, among other charges. Their kids were placed in state custody much to the dismay of Judge Foster. Today, Bates went before another judge (not sure which one) and his charge was reduced and he was released on $1500 bond. Something stinks about this case. I know there are many sides to an investigation but I'm praying someone digs deep into this investigation and uncovers the truth. A young mother is dead....

Edited by icare
  • Like 2
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know Judge Beavers, I wouldn't recognize him if we passed on the street but an honest judge, an honorable judge that had his kind of relationship with a defendant would have recused himself fr

Somebody needs to go back and see how the bond was set on that guy that killed his son a few years ago. I remember that it was set really high and then they went back after a few months and asked for

Seems like the kind of story some investigative reporter would love to get their hands on, don't most local TV stations have a anonymus ways to contact them with stuff like this ?

Posted Images

Seems like the kind of story some investigative reporter would love to get their hands on, don't most local TV stations have a anonymus ways to contact them with stuff like this ?

Exactly what I was thinking!! The family should have her death certificate that would surely show the correct cause of death?? If I remember, she was on life support for a short period?

Some folks in this county have gotten away with stuff for far too long!! Something needs to change!!!

• Like 2

Just saw the report too, it was Beavers that reduced the charges to the dismay of law enforcement and prosecutor.

I pray that something happens to send this low down POS to prison forever. And, I wish someone would clean house in this county... :angry: Beavers is worthless! I am sick to death of the Paulding County good old boys!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 4

I read the article and listened to the news story and it appears that Dick Donovan,our District Attorney, could step in and turn this thing around. Beavers said there was not enough evidence to warrant malice murder charges and child endangerment. Paulding County law enforcement, Capt Gorman, seems to think there is ample evidence. I hope and pray that Paulding County does the right thing to seek justice for this young mother and her children.

• Like 2

Allegedly, Jonathan Bates, foster son of Judge Foster, beat his wife...she was placed on life support and she later died. Allegedly, after the incident, he went to his foster Dad's houses and when authorities came to arrest him, Judge Foster required a warrant that delayed the arrest and investigation. Allegedly, the crime scene was cleaned. Jonathan Bates was charged with malice murder, among other charges. Their kids were placed in state custody much to the dismay of Judge Foster. Today, Bates went before another judge (not sure which one) and his charge was reduced and he was released on $1500 bond. Something stinks about this case. I know there are many sides to an investigation but I'm praying someone digs deep into this investigation and uncovers the truth. A young mother is dead....

How do you know this? the crime scene was cleaned.......

Exactly what I was thinking!! The family should have her death certificate that would surely show the correct cause of death?? If I remember, she was on life support for a short period?

Some folks in this county have gotten away with stuff for far too long!! Something needs to change!!!

Blunt Trauma to the head

i seen this on the news tonight, they should have reported some of the information that has been made public so viewers could understand why her friends, family, are so out raged by this decision that was made.

I read the article and listened to the news story and it appears that Dick Donovan,our District Attorney, could step in and turn this thing around. Beavers said there was not enough evidence to warrant malice murder charges and child endangerment. Paulding County law enforcement, Capt Gorman, seems to think there is ample evidence. I hope and pray that Paulding County does the right thing to seek justice for this young mother and her children.

Beavers is a judge. Members of the State Bar often give each other professional courtesy and the benefit of any doubt. Especially judges giving other judges professional courtesy. It is the reason the appellate courts often rubber stamp the lower courts' troubling decisions.

Does Tonny S. Beavers give professional courtesy to other legal professionals? Does Tonny S. Beavers employ sharpe practice? Should Paulding County continue to entrust it's well being to a judge like Tonny S. Beavers?

icare, we don't always agree but I can truly say that you have integrity, courage and you truly do care. I don't think everyone understands what it means to practice integrity. There is always a measure of risk when we stand up to troubling conduct and hidden influences. What are the risks to our children and families if we don't?

If you don't stand up and speak out, are you truly living your life? Or are you just existing?

• Like 1

This was a preliminary probable cause hearing, it will still be presented to the Grand Jury who will be able to look at the evidence and indict if they find sufficient evidence exists.

There is a good chance he won't make it out of jail on his probation charge before the case is heard and an indictment comes down.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 1

This person has 9 arrests just in Paulding. The latest, on 4-24--only shows Misdemeanor Probation?? Everything from DUI , possession, stalking and battery.

If Chief Judge Tonny S. Beavers reduced the charges, could this person have done other crimes that were swept under the rug? Could there be arrests that we don't even know about?

• Like 2

Beavers is a judge. Members of the State Bar often give each other professional courtesy and the benefit of any doubt. Especially judges giving other judges professional courtesy. It is the reason the appellate courts often rubber stamp the lower courts' troubling decisions.

Does Tonny S. Beavers give professional courtesy to other legal professionals? Does Tonny S. Beavers employ sharpe practice? Should Paulding County continue to entrust it's well being to a judge like Tonny S. Beavers?

+-------

icare, we don't always agree but I can truly say that you have integrity, courage and you truly do care. I don't think everyone understands what it means to practice integrity. There is always a measure of risk when we stand up to troubling conduct and hidden influences. What are the risks to our children and families if we don't?

If you don't stand up and speak out, are you truly living your life? Or are you just existing?

We don't agree on all political views but that's okay. And, yes, I truly do care. One thing we do have in common is a disdain for Tonny Beaver. He does do favors for his "own"...as in my brother's custody case. In this case, a young mother lost her life and this man needs to pay...no favors. Praying the DA, prosecutor or whom ever will do the right thing...Beavers need to go.

• Like 1

We don't agree on all political views but that's okay. And, yes, I truly do care. One thing we do have in common is a disdain for Tonny Beaver. He does do favors for his "own"...as in my brother's custody case. In this case, a young mother lost her life and this man needs to pay...no favors. Praying the DA, prosecutor or whom ever will do the right thing...Beavers need to go.

Let's not forget that Jenna Wall, another young mother, died on Chief Judge Tonny S. Beavers' watch a year ago. He was presiding judge over her divorce proceedings.

A day after a Paulding County woman told her husband she wanted a divorce, she was dead.

And while Jonathan Bates had been charged with malice murder, cruelty to children and simple battery, a judge on Tuesday dropped all the charges except for batter
y.

When police arrived at the scene of the W.I. Parkway home on May 5, an investigator called for help from the Department of Family and Children Services because two children, ages 7 and 4, were at their mother’s friend’s house after witnessing their parents fighting, according to a Dallas police incident report.

Their mother, Cynthia “Cynde” Bates, was at the hospital, where she later died.

The report states Jonathan Bates, the husband who called 911, had a history of domestic abuse.

When Kenneth DeMent, Cynde’s father, called the investigator from the hospital, he told the officer his daughter suffered blunt force trauma to the head and wasn’t expected to survive, the report states.

DeMent told officers, who wrote in the police report, that his daughter had called about 11 p.m. the previous evening and asked if they could pick up the children because Jonathan had been beating on Cynde “for days.”

After pushing her, Cynde Bates’ head hit the couch and when Jonathan told police he next checked, she was having trouble breathing, the report states.

And after reading an autopsy report that said their daughter died of blunt force trauma, the parents believe he is responsible for her death, the couple told Channel 2 Action News.

In court Tuesday, Paulding County Chief judge Tony Beavers said he only found probable cause for the battery charge and he dropped the murder and cruelty to children charges.

The family told Channel 2 they were devastated by the decision and the fact they can never speak to Cynde again.

“It’s not right and he doesn’t deserve to get away with this,” mother Sandy DeMent said.

Capt. Bill Gorman, a spokesman for the Dallas police, said he was disappointed, too, and may push to bring the case before a grand jury.

“I felt we had enough evidence to get the case bound over,” Gorman told Channel 2.

Both Dallas police and the District Attorney’s Office are looking into the next steps.

“(Jonathan Bates) caused it, I know he did,” Gorman told Channel 2. “Indirectly or directly, he still did it.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/murder-charge-dropped-for-man-police-say-killed-wife-front-kids/ddUeIgclAzJYVDfEbWKm5L/

So Jonathan Bates is a son of a Judge?

Oopsie-- I see that he is/was a foster son of Judge Foster.

yep and Judge foster was the first place he ran to... i would like to see him try to beat up a man who is the same size as he is, instead of a small woman.... jerk... a$$hat.....

• Like 2

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. - A Paulding County judge threw out the most serious charges filed against a husband accused of killing his wife, leaving the victim's family confused and outraged.

Cynde Bates, 28, died May 6 of blunt force trauma to the back of her head, Dallas police said.

Bates' husband, Jonathan Bates, admitted he pushed her inside their home in Dallas during an argument the day before, police said.

BatteryCharges_20170608233106926_8281575

Their two children, ages 4 and 7, were present when this happened, according to a police report.

"Her kids are lost without her," Bates' sister Sandy Dement told Channel 2’s Matt Johnson. "Her family is lost without her. We don’t get to talk to her anymore."

Dallas police charged Jonathan Bates with murder, two counts of cruelty to children and simple battery after doctors took his wife off of life support.

Chief Judge Tonny Beavers said Tuesday he did not see enough evidence to find probable cause for murder and cruelty to children, the victim's family and authorities said.

Jonathan Bates remains in the Paulding County jail on a misdemeanor simple battery charge and an unrelated probation violation.

He is free to post a $1,500 bail once he serves 30 days for violating his probation.

A court administrator said he could not comment on the judge's ruling.

"How are you going to say there's not enough evidence whenever the autopsy revealed blunt trauma to the back of the head?" Dement said. "It's not right and he doesn’t deserve to get away with this."

Paulding County District Attorney Dick Donovan said he intends to take the case to a grand jury.

Capt. Bill Gorman, one of the Dallas police investigators on the case, told Johnson the decision was a setback, but not the end of the road.

"I understand their feelings," Gorman said. "A lot of people are hurt -- they're angry, they're livid -- but I wish they would give us time. We still have other options that are available to us."

Cynde Bates is being remembered by family members as a loving mother who enjoyed spending time with her family and being outdoors.

"She was a good mother," Dement told Johnson. "She was a good wife. She was good at everything, and he just took advantage of her."

Family members said Bates was concerned her husband's years of alleged physical abuse would escalate after she told him she wanted a divorce May 5.

"She did tell me that that night she had asked him for a divorce and she needed to leave,"
said Sandy Dement, Cynde Bates' mother who shares the same name as her other daughter.

Bates' father was to pick her and the children up the next day, her mother says.

"She said, 'I'll see you tomorrow,’” her mother said. “But I saw her the next day, just not the way I wanted."

A police report obtained by Johnson indicates DFCS alerted Dallas police on May 5 that the couple's two children had witnessed a fight between their parents and that their mother was in the hospital with serious injuries.

It was the second time Cynde Bates was taken to a hospital that day.

Police said her husband called 911 at around 2 a.m. to report his wife was unconscious and not breathing at their home on W.I. Parkway in Dallas.

Authorities didn’t see any signs of struggle during that incident and wrote there is a “history of alcohol and medical calls at that residence.”

Later that night, police arrested Jonathan Bates after they said he admitted he “pushed her away causing her to fall on the couch.”

Cynde Bates died a day after she was taken to the hospital. Police said they are not investigating any other suspects.

“She was beautiful,” her sister said, “and she deserves justice.”

The family has setup a GoFundMe for Cynde’s mother to help with funeral expenses.

• Like 1

So Tonny Beavers thinks beating your wife in front of the kids is not cruelty to children?

The law can get away with anything, Lo! They are the law, and if they say you can beat your wife and get away with it then SO be it. This is the South, where women have always been second if they are white, and third if they are black.

It's not just Tony Beavers, but most Southerners think that whether they are a judge or just a man.

• Like 1

He shoved her and caused blunt force trauma...she was put on life support and died. What evidence do they need?

He admitted to shoving her, but did more than that occur? We only have what he said because she can never say what happened. Does her body at the time of autopsy speak of more than he admitted to? Her father says he had been beating her for days. That is hearsay but does the autopsy corroborate what he is saying?

AJC: DeMent told officers, who wrote in the police report, that his daughter had called about 11 p.m. the previous evening and asked if they could pick up the children because Jonathan had been beating on Cynde “for days.”

I've given many examples that reflect Beavers' judgment is suspect at best. Here on PCom you can find many examples that I have posted and I was dismissed by some as a "Beavers basher". I get no satisfaction in putting myself at risk to present information for public consideration.

Judge Beavers makes many good common sense decisions, but that should not cloud the fact that troubling decisions happen far too frequently. What level of impropriety is acceptable for a supervising judge?

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy

He admitted to shoving her, but did more than that occur? We only have what he said because she can never say what happened. Does her body at the time of autopsy speak of more than he admitted to? Her father says he had been beating her for days. That is hearsay but does the autopsy corroborate what he is saying?

I've given many examples that reflect Beavers' judgment is suspect at best. Here on PCom you can find many examples that I have posted and I was dismissed by some as a "Beavers basher". I get no satisfaction in putting myself at risk to present information for public consideration.

Judge Beavers makes many good common sense decisions, but that should not cloud the fact that troubling decisions happen far too frequently. What level of impropriety is acceptable for a supervising judge?

Isn't it Ironic that you've been posting to deaf ears about the injustice Tonny Beavers delivers?

• Like 4

Isn't it Ironic that you've been posting to deaf ears about the injustice Tonny Beavers delivers?

It comes down to consistency and integrity. Are the facts cherry picked and manipulated to fit a predetermined ruling due to hidden influences?

What can you say about a judge if two litigants bring in a pair of white shoes and the judge rules that the color of the shoes is white.

Then two more litigants return with the very same shoes and the judge will flip the light switch and in a now dark courtroom rule that the shoes are black.

Would sharp practice and hidden influences apply?

I have dealt with Judge Beavers several times over the last 32 years.Sometimes it had to do with my own personal legal matter and sometimes it involved someone else.I have been on jury duty several times and on the Grand Jury twice.I have always seen him act in my opinion in a fair manner.I'am not saying he always gets it right,but he has always seemed fair and very professional to me.Please don't bash me.Just stating what I have seen personally.

• Like 1

I have dealt with Judge Beavers several times over the last 32 years.Sometimes it had to do with my own personal legal matter and sometimes it involved someone else.I have been on jury duty several times and on the Grand Jury twice.I have always seen him act in my opinion in a fair manner.I'am not saying he always gets it right,but he has always seemed fair and very professional to me.Please don't bash me.Just stating what I have seen personally.

Not bashing, however, I have experienced the opposite. I have only dealt with him in the past five years and I feel it's time for him to go. He seems tired, disinterested, and out of touch. Just my opinion. I do believe this case is just a judge doing another judge a favor. However, if the evidence is there, this young monster should pay...I don't care who he is or who he knows.

• Like 2

Speaking about judges in general, not saying any names but there are fewer witnesses at a bench trial than a jury trial. You can special set a bench trial and no one will witness what happens but the litigants and the people working the courtroom. You can also hold high conflict bench hearings for the end of the day for the same reason. When we schedule courtwatchers, we tell them not to show up until after 1:30PM on most civil motion days. Nothing unusual will happen between 9:30AM and 1:30PM.

Once the courtroom is clear of witnesses, it's a lot easier to manipulate the outcome. The courtroom workers (court reporters, clerks, bailiffs, etc.) need their jobs so they won't say anything. The losing litigant is just labeled bitter if they complain. Is that gaming the system?

Having observed Judge Beavers many times in court, I don't recall him ever acting sua sponte or suo motu without what I see as the appearance of some interest or another. I've actually seen where I thought he should clearly act and did nothing to help a floundering litigant. He seems to act when he shouldn't and not step in when he should.

http://www.gajqc.com/default.cfm

http://www.gasupreme.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Code_of_Judicial_Conduct_09_22_16.pdf

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/atlanta

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy

putting this in here but before anyone ask NO i am NOT Amanda....

An open letter to judge Beavers...

Dear judge beaver,

We are told all our lives to have faith in the justice system and to never take matters into our own hands. Though today a man who caused the death of his wife, the mother of his young children in their presence walks free, due to you. How am I supposed to have faith in the justice system with judges such as yourself sitting up there, letting abusers and murders go free, to pad your pocket. You say there was no evidence, what about his admittance to having pushed her and her hitting her head, what about the words of her seven year old daughter and four year old son who witnessed the whole night, along with many other nights that went much the same way. What about all the past domestic violence calls and charges this man has. None of that matters to you, her life, her children's lives, they mean nothing to you. So no I do not have faith in our justice system, not when killers walk free, because judges like you allow money or hatred or ignorance or just pure disregard for female lives, outweigh justice. This is not the first case I know of where you have sided with the man when there was plenty of evidence to show that women was hurt. You allowed a man to walk free after he beat and tried to kill a friend of mine, you took children from a loving capable mother and gave them to their father without any reason, you told another friend of mine she did not deserve a restraining order due to lack of evidence that a man was stalking her(thankfully you were not the judge that saw her case in court, and she was granted the order by a capable judge). When you took that stand it was to bring justice, we are supposed to stand and honor the honorable judge beavers, but you sir are not honorable, you are as filthy as the scum you let free to walk the streets. So no I do not have faith in the justice system not with men like you on the stand.

Amanda

I will not stop to justice Is brought #justiceforcynde

• Like 4