Paulding.com

Ours went up a bit in value, when property values go up, taxes go up with it.

I guess it beats the 08 through 14 years when many were upside down with their houses because the real estate market tanked.

I understand that the investor market for potential rental properties is one of the main factors driving the assessed values. When there is lots of competition, you can expect values to go up.

Edited by Rocky's Mom

Dang, I must be poorer than I thought. Value up a smidge, same with the tax. Must be y'all "high livin'" folks they're getting bad. Finally, an advantage to poverty.;

Our appraised value went up $50,000+. Even getting the exemption for being retired for the first year, our total bill will be going up about $275.00. My only hope is the Millage Rate will go down & from what I am hearing there's little hope of that.

After dropping nearly $70,000 last year (from an outrageously silly number) it went back up some $20,000 to a reasonable number given the market. We've had brokers cold calling us asking if we'd like to sell as they clients looking for homes like ours. (Ranch over basement w/ 2 acre lot)

This is the most outrageous reassessment of property values county wide that I have ever experienced. in Paulding County!!!

A review of my sub division reassessments reveals huge increases invaluations ranging in excess of $52,000,

I own a 40 year old FRAME construction homes located on a road that is in need of road repair with crumbling driveways, with homes sitting vacant and unsold for over a year, with over grown yards and my valuation went up over $ 41,000 dollars.

This assessors office is out of control and Commission Chairman David Carmichael does not have the ability, desire, or intentions of bringing this Department which falls under his jurisdiction in compliance with the laws of the state of Georgia.

Paulding County residents it is time to rise up and appeal these unjust and unfair assessments in an effort to reduce the tax liability of property owners.

There is no way that property valuations have increased 50% to 60% over the period of one year.

Time to make visits to the assessors office and file the necessary appeals to the reassessments!!!!!

PS They are located on the Third floor of the Administration Building in the Court House complex

Holy Carp Batman!!

Maybe we shouldn't complain quite as much about the taxes around here:

At the current level, a Hartford resident who owns a home with an assessed value of $300,000 currently pays an annual tax bill of $22,287, at rate of 7.43%. A West Hartford homeowner with a similar house pays $11,853 at a rate of 3.95%.

Wow. $300K house around here would be $4500 or so. Even the West Hartford rate is crazy high.

No wonder they Yankees are moving south...