#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,391 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:45 PM

Reservoir progress, airport and adultery discussed at commission work session

With references to religion, Carol McCloud, a resident of Post One, demanded Post One Commissioner Ron Davis to resign from his post because of what she said was blatant adultery, portions of which were paid for by the county when Davis attended a state convention of county commissioners.  Her remarks which begin at the 32:30 mark in the above video, were part of the county's public participation.

The progress report on the Richland Creek Reservoir, given by Kelly Comstock, begins at the 15:06 minute mark.  Comstock points to progress on areas from the intake on the Etowah River to the dam, reservoir, distribution lines and water treatment facility.  His overall message was that the project was under budget and on-time.

Deena Sanfilippo questioned the costs of 'conflict counsel' - figures she asserted were in the range of $20,000/mo - in suits by the county against the airport authority.  This use of taxpayer funds, she opined, was a waste of money and could be used much more productively.  Her comments to the commissioners in the morning work session can be reviewed at the 38:00 minute mark.

Other news at the meeting included a progress report on the county's Drug diversion court as well as compliments the county received from its citizens for its efficient; even quick, service at the county's tag office.
Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

#2 Captain Rhett Butler

Captain Rhett Butler

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

I'm too and disheartened by the endless litigation our county lawyers are billing us for. We do need to find a resolution to the airport stuff and move on. We need better roads and schools and jobs, etc., not more legal bills from an already overpaid attorney.  

The water project is huge and should meet our needs in this county for years to come. I'm glad to see things are progressing on-time and under budget.  

Carol, Carol, Carol, what are you thinking? Carol McCloud would be wise not to cast stones at the "adulterer".  It's easy to see other's faults, shortcomings, (sins), while looking the other way regarding our own imperfections.  During Holy Communion, we're taught to look at no one else's shortcomings, only look deep within our own soul and realize each of us has fallen short.  Even Pubby once said "perfection eludes us all". Pubby was right on.  

If you don't like the commissioner, then vote for his opponent next election.  Your vote is your voice.  

• westside family and Dana like this
I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely.
(Rhett Butler speaking to Miss Scarlett)

#3 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

The next election season is certainly going to be extremely exciting.
  • Rose Luxemburg likes this
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#4 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,066 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

I am encouraged to see them addressing the litter problem in Paulding. It is not only the dumping but so much throwing litter out of car windows.

People always want to point out everything bad about our county we have a great drug program that is truly helping our people.

The reservoir is going to be a future game changer for us. I still hold out hope that one day we will have industry here to bring in good jobs, also giving us some tax relief as we continue to grow as a bedroom community.

I have to agree with Deena in that our reputation as far as industrial development has been harmed over the last few years.

Interestingly enough the housing industry along with retail and restaurant industry continues to grow as though planned.

We are continuing to grow a huge tax bill for homeowners here. This is profitable for those in real estate and construction here. On the other hand the growing minimum wage market is not a good thing. We know where this leads, higher taxes and poverty.

I don't think I have been through an election cycle that past and present sexual conduct has not been a hot issue even when made up.

The problem with this type of conduct is that when true it can be used to pressure an elected official to make decisions that are in the interest of an individual rather than the interest of the public. It is much better in the open.

Affairs of the heart are complicated to say the least. I say the heart because it has continued.

If they go to great lengths to cover it up, it makes it even dirtier, if they don't hide it then it is rubbing people's noses in what they see as immoral. There is no winning this one.

I have always judged our elected officials on their judgment as far as it effects their constituents well being. With it being out in the open I have one less thing to worry about.

If Mr. Davis's governmental decisions are favorable to his constituents then let it go. Let God judge him on his private affairs. If you are uncomfortable with Ms. Liberty's FB post then unsubscribe and don't accept opportunities see and accept gossip about the 2.

I am human and admit to a giggle behind my own hand, but beyond that it needs not be an issue as long as he does a good job for his constituents.

As a PS to many voters here, it is almost impossible to get elected without some bible thumping here. Then folks are shocked by the reality of those they elect. There is a lot that does not get looked at beyond their religion and frankly it has effected the type of leadership we get in this county.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,391 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

LPPT:

I think the issue voters have with Mr. Davis is less about the heart and more about the gall bladder ... i.e. the gall it takes to present one's self as some kind of paragon of family values all the while committing hypocritical acts.

I think the problem at hand is at the heart of Matt: 7:1-5...  the 'Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged' admonition.  Perfection eludes us all, for sure but some are more imperfect than others.

pubby

#6 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Pubby - Thanks for the time stamps on each of the stories.  It allowed it me to jump directly to the water system story I was interested in. 

• mojo413 likes this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#7 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,533 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

TOP DEFINITION
Self-Righteous
A self-righteous person acts superior to his peers because he believes his moral standards are perfect. This "moral smugness" is condescending by nature and is usually found offensive by others.

Carol, I think the shoe may fit...just sayin'. Wow! And I'm being nice.

I edited second part of definition because it was a little harsh but I stand by the part I left.

Edited by Dana, 25 May 2017 - 12:22 PM.

• lowrider and Captain Rhett Butler like this

There but for the grace of God, go I.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PCBOC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics