9 replies to this topic

#1 stercus tauri

stercus tauri

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

Whatever it takes to keep the non-wealthy in their place.

#2 JYD

JYD

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

I don't know how much monies the FEDS send but I thought that this was funded on a state and local basis. I know of a number of states that don't have ASP.

#3 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,653 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

Here is what they do not want you to know :

"The CDBG program is chock full of cronyism and corruption and should be eliminated.

Much like the corrupt city redevelopment agencies, what actually ends up happening

is that this money gets funneled by politicians to friends with connections for various

projects that aren't really about helping the poor at all."

http://reason.com/blog/2017/03/16/the-community-development-block-grant-pr

8)

• ApolloBeachRetiree likes this
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#4 stercus tauri

stercus tauri

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

I don't know how much monies the FEDS send but I thought that this was funded on a state and local basis. I know of a number of states that don't have ASP.

The funding comes from the federal government but each state can administer the program differently.

http://www.afterscho...alAtAGlance.cfm

Local and state money may also be used.

#5 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Let the locals budget it so the bloated federal government will at least start to shrink.

#6 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,173 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Let the locals budget it so the bloated federal government will at least start to shrink.

They won't .... which is the situation.

Most won't pay taxes to help support locals, they barely support splots for parks or other local community "enhancements", they are not going to pay for those "beneath their noses" .... and local governments are not going to add a line item to support a program which the higher voter population feel is so vocal on they feel these people who need it most is felt to be most beneath them and should be supported by some other group or entity.

Volunteer money isn't going to work either .....

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#7 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

They won't .... which is the situation.

Most won't pay taxes to help support locals, they barely support splots for parks or other local community "enhancements", they are not going to pay for those "beneath their noses" .... and local governments are not going to add a line item to support a program which the higher voter population feel is so vocal on they feel these people who need it most is felt to be most beneath them and should be supported by some other group or entity.

Volunteer money isn't going to work either .....

Let those who partake in after school programs fund it then.  The education system is a black hole when it comes to funding.  The cuts have to start somewhere.

#8 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,173 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

Let those who partake in after school programs fund it then.  The education system is a black hole when it comes to funding.  The cuts have to start somewhere.

Then I want the 20+ years I have funded children in the schools here to get my money back.  I make more and my house is worth more than the "majority".  I didn't have a child go through the education here, so I paid for that child and at least more than 1-3 more than those who had 1+ children in the district and the programs.  

You want to send me a check for my overpayment?

Houses in Paulding with only 1 child costs us at least 2 children in the district for education.

You want those who don't pay for 2+ children in the schools to pay for after school programs?

There goes those programs .....  Not useful at all?

Edited by CreativeOne, 21 March 2017 - 03:28 PM.

• stercus tauri likes this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#9 stercus tauri

stercus tauri

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

SMH. I thought Spicer was blind to reality but this is nuts. 

Edited by stercus tauri, 21 March 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#10 stercus tauri

stercus tauri

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

Those poor kids just need to try a little harder, focus on school and not their empty stomach, get a job while their parents work until well into the evening, and be up bright and early in the morning ready for an pretend biscuit that will get them all through the day!

https://www.washingt...m=.e88077231757

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics