18 replies to this topic

#1 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,704 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

I have been given permission by the family to post this information about sports source. Unfortunately  her health has not gotten any better, and she has been fighting for the past  60 days in hospitals . with different issues concerning her health... 

Her and her family made a decision that it was time for her to be moved to hospice. Tranquility of Kennesaw Mountain.  below is the latest update her son has posted.  so I will post it here..

Please keep this family in your thoughts, prayers,  they could really use it... 

FROM HER SON: 

Through continuing to asses and grasp her overall continued digression and medical roadblocks, our family (mom included) have decided on a change of scenery after a 60+ day struggle at two separate Hospitals and have transitioned to the facilities at Tranquility At Kennesaw Mountain.
Today our itty bitty family let the universe take her many B-day balloons with the wind. However, in true Karen Lowman style, two got tangled in a tree Branch. Call it God, The Universe or coincidence. I call it my mom letting us know that she is still in the ring and is holding on strong for us. 
As the days carry forward, she will no longer have the stress and struggle of dialysis, constant irritation or pain. Tomorrow we are looking forward to getting her OUTSIDE for the first time in two months on our screened in patio. She will love the fresh air!

Thank you from the bottom of our breaking hearts for the thoughts, prayers & support through this journey. Although the upcoming days and nights will be far Fromm "easy" or even comprehensible, I can say that I just received a kiss from my momma. That's all this baby boy could ask for. 
I am thankful. We are thankful.

God bless. Will continue to update.

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#2 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,427 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for letting us know ... I know I've been thinking of her and missing her around here.

I will keep Karen & her family in my thoughts ....

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#3 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,974 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

:cray:  :cray:  :cray:

My prayers are with her and her family.  

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

#4 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with sweet Karen and her family. :(

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#5 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

So sorry to hear this. I had the pleasure of meeting her and she is truly a sweet person.

She and her family are in my thoughts.
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#6 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

Prayers for healing, comfort and peace.

#7 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

She has fought so hard these last few years. It seems as though it has been one thing after another. My heart goes out to her loving family. I imagine she is tired after all this time. Hopefully they can be together in a more peaceful surroundings.

• Dana likes this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#8 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

So very sorry to hear this. Karen is such a sweet, beautiful person with such a beautiful spirit.

All of her  loving family & friends will be in our thoughts & prayers. :(  

• Dana likes this

#9 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

Sending my thoughts and prayers!  

Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#10 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

May God send his comforting and healing angels to watch over her and her family.

#11 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Prayers for your mom and her family..so sorry for this journey you are on

#12 Caped Crusader

Caped Crusader

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,618 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

This news breaks my heart. Prayers for Karen and family :wub:

To Err is Human, To Forgive is DIVINE
Hey Look...gallery_1715_285_2412.gif

gallery_1715_2_74689.jpg

#13 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,217 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

Karen is such a beautiful person, inside and out. I am praying for Karen and her precious family who obviously love her very much.

#14 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,704 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:15 AM

Karen passed away on Mach 4, at 10:04  with her family around her.. please pray for her family as they try to get through these next few days, weeks, months, .  this a post from her son:

As her baby boy, my heart is shattered. As for our family, our heart is humbled. Through a power greater than understanding she & God held on until everything and everyone was in perfect place. She waited as I ran to grab ahold of her freshly manicured hand until heart beat it's last and her physical body peacefully said, "no more." 
No more scans, infection, or broken bones. No more worry, fighting or disease.

At 10:04 last night, she had a long awaited and much anticipated reunion with her daddy "Buck" Crumpton, mother Verbice Crumpton and certainly her dear dachshunds Snickers & Riley.

Surrounded by many family and family friends that can not recall their lives without her, we grieved the loss of a loving, sassy, faithful, bargain hunting, ROLL TIDE wearing wonders of the world.

In lue of personal condolences, our family would like to use this opportunity and many more to come to celebrate everything she has always been. Please write your first or best memory of her on her Facebook Wall. Share photos of her smile, if you have them.

From my family to yours, we appreciate everyone who has reached out and prayed for us along this long journey. As we make preparations on what is to come we will notify everyone when arrangements have been made. Thank you for your continued support and giving our family the space we require to take in the loss of someone most special to us. She carried a lifetime of successes, multiple careers, a 28 year love consumed marriage to Doug Lowman , two devoted children, a love for The Young and the Restless & passion for crime shows and jesus. The list of her abundance is a reflection of what a wonderful woman she was.

As her husband and life love said last night, "We have always been a family, and we always will be."

Mom fought hard and found a way to share these words with us in her last few days and I would like to share them to all of you on her behalf,

John 14: “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#15 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:24 AM

I pray the lord places his comforting angels around her family and loved ones. May she cross over and rest under the shade of the trees.
  • Dana likes this

#16 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,427 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

burningcandle2.gif

• mojo413 likes this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#17 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

So very sorry to hear this, my heart is breaking. Karen was one of the  kindest & sweetest person I have ever

had the pleasure to know.May God wrap his arms around all of you & give you peace & comfort during this

very difficult time.  Rest in peace sweet Karen you will be missed by so many :( 

• Dana likes this

#18 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,974 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

:cray:  :cray:  :cray:  :cray:

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

#19 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,558 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Karen's in the arms of the angels now, no more pain or suffering. Rest well, sweet Karen. You were as beautiful inside as you were outside. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. May God give them strength and comfort to help them through their devastating loss.
I'm now going to write something for the first and last time ever. Karen is the only person I would do this for....Roll Tide! :wub: :cray:
  • Starr & Dru's Nana, lowrider, NewsJunky and 2 others like this

There but for the grace of God, go I.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics