Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
stercus tauri

Anyone Else Can't Wait for School Break to be Over?

Daughter dropped Granddaughter off about 8:00, and she put herself to bed in the guest room.

She slept until 11:15, and came in my office asking if she could get me anything, and to give me a morniing kill.

Then she took a shower, got dressed and came and sat on my lap asking if she could help be with any computer stuff [she as well as most of the neighborhood know I have been having computer problems. Her Grandmother, or Abuelita, had gone to a Doctor's appointment.

I was getting ready to help her fix herself some brunch, when Abuelita called and said they were going to go for burgers.

And she is just 8. We are blessed. Her mother on the other hand was an absolute terror, .......

Thank you Jesus.

• Like 4

I love winter break and spring break and all the breaks they get.

We do things together, we sleep late, we go to the movies on $5 Tuesday and Thursday will be 75 and we're going to Kennesaw Mountain and Friday will be 79 and we're going to High Shoals Falls.

• Like 2

I love all the breaks. Of course, I couldn't say that a few years ago. My son thrives on routine so breaks used to be really hard for him (and me). He's come a long way since then and can handle them much better now. I love all the breaks!! I don't have to get up as early and I'm not running back and forth from school every morning and afternoon. And best of all I have more time with my little fella. He's like my own little comedian. He cracks me up all day.

• Like 3

I was beginning to think I was the only one. I got twin boys that ars 10 years old(and brats most of the time)....just saying. Someone ask me if I was ok today and I said "I am ready for this week to be over" I FEEL YA!!!!!

I was beginning to think I was the only one. I got twin boys that ars 10 years old(and brats most of the time)....just saying. Someone ask me if I was ok today and I said "I am ready for this week to be over" I FEEL YA!!!!!

I spent the two weeks prior in Walker and Dade Counties because of the flu and other outbreaks up there. Dealing with these sort of sicknesses will wear on you so I was looking forward to this week with the kids at home. I forgot how exhausting and exasperating it can be! Just a few more days!

Don't get me wrong I love my kids but I think they have too many breaks and not enough teaching. Plus I have spoiled my kids and with my twins it ts like fighting a army half the time plus I have type 1 and that is fighting another whole army.

Trust me I am counting down the days

Hate the breaks.

When you work in the lunchroom, (not paulding) your body gets used to being abused. All the lifting and hustle.

When we get time off, my body hurts for a week after we go back

Edited by mach4

We have been enjoying having Camila here all day. I may get my toe nails painted tomorrow. She did that when I was in the hospital summer of 2015 and the entire staff thought it was great.

Melissa looks after her in the afternoons when school is in, but that is 75% homework and chores, and not much fun.

This week she had Monday with her mom, who took a personal day to spend with Camila, and then Abuela and her went to a movie today, and we are wondering what to do for tomorrow and Friday.

Loriider.....you want company ? I am not ready to naviagate High Shoals, but they could.....

The kids are still going to school the same number of days.....its just they have adopted school year week long breaks, where there was a holiday anyway like this week, and subtracted that from the summer days off.

I am a big proponent of year round schooling. They would not waste 4-5 weeks in the fall catching up to where they were when then let out in the spring.

Surepip, you tell MELISSA to call me.

The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow and Friday will be 79. Great day for High Shoals.

My only problem with taking the rugrat, he always gets in the water. Kids don't care how cold it is.

I enjoy spending time with my daughter,

we always have fun and lots of laughter.

:wub:

Enjoy, my babies are 18 and 20 now. I just blinked.... :wub:

I always hated when they had to go back to school.

My 9 year old son is so bored he decided on his own to start learning Dutch on Duolingo.

That is so cool!

• Like 1

I still have to work every day, so the only difference is not getting my oldest up (youngest goes to daycare) and traffic is better. I don't like all these breaks because my oldest takes a good two weeks to get back in the routine (then we have another break 6 weeks after that) so it's like the back-to-school battle all over!

• Like 1

We enjoyed the extra time with granddaughter. But, we realize how lucky we are to have a granddaughter that enjoys being with us, and our company, plus eating here and spending time with us.

We are blessed and really do love our time, especially Melissa, spent with Camila.

She is a vital part of our family, and its nice having here help set the table, serve, do the dishes, get her bath and be ready to go when her mom comes to get her. Daughter, bless her heart, works from 8:00am until 6:30-7:00p,. or later every day.....

Surepip, you tell MELISSA to call me.

The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow and Friday will be 79. Great day for High Shoals.

My only problem with taking the rugrat, he always gets in the water. Kids don't care how cold it is.

Sorry......I just saw this.

They went over to the park by the new go-round at Cheatam Hills and John Ward and had a blast. I am not ready for wopply slick

rocks and water like that. I stayed home.

• Like 1

Many years ago; my grandgirls were in late elementary or early middle school; I took a week off work. I had stuff planned for every day. When we got to Thursday, they begged to just stay home and relax. LOL. Plus I had a "park-like" swing set made with railroad ties and a trampoline. We had fun but they wanted some time off also.

Brings back memories. Playing on the trampoline in the morning still in their jammies until I called them for breakfast. And they would lay on the trampoline at night; watching the sky and giggling and talking to each other. I miss those things.

• Like 2