"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump,"

#2 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

I know. My Ralphie likes her, he likes her a lot! He wants to take her to the beach. LOL

rockymomsgs1.jpg

Can someone please turn this picture right? Pretty please?

(done: click to make it bigger - pubby)

• The Sound Guy, Jamie Weaver, Dana and 1 other like this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#3 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

She is outstanding and very well deserved. The NY crowd loves GS since 9/11. The news had many stories of tireless, brave canines searching the rubble for survivors. Some of them died as a result of falls/exposures/injuries while working. Many of these dogs were GS along with Belgians and Labs. I thought the Irish Setter and the Boxer were outstanding dogs also.

#4 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:21 PM

I'm very partial to GS dogs. Ralph is my third and probably my last. :(. They are strong, very active dogs and I'm afraid that as we age we just don't have the needed energy to effectively raise these dogs. They are brave and very protective and they love their people.

But, like horses, blood is everything so before you consider getting one you need to commit to dealing with quality breeders. I love my rescue dog but I would never consider getting an aggressive breed dog without knowing their blood. I'm sure folks will disagree but that is my opinion.
  • The Sound Guy and CreativeOne like this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#5 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

One other thing then I'll hush. I could talk about these dogs all day long but now that a GSD has won Westminster, you can count on this breed exploding, think golden, please beware that not all breeders are on the up and up. Know who you are dealing with.

#6 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,340 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

I'm very partial to GS dogs. Ralph is my third and probably my last. :(. They are strong, very active dogs and I'm afraid that as we age we just don't have the needed energy to effectively raise these dogs. They are brave and very protective and they love their people.

But, like horses, blood is everything so before you consider getting one you need to commit to dealing with quality breeders. I love my rescue dog but I would never consider getting an aggressive breed dog without knowing their blood. I'm sure folks will disagree but that is my opinion.

www.petfinder.com

List all local shelters, rescues, etc .....  

I've seen "pure" breed GS at our local shelter ... no papers, but still extremely true to the breed.  GORGEOUS!!

I like to tell people if you are interested in a particular breed, do your research - on the breed and if getting through a breeder on the breeder as well!  The "purer" the lines the more true to behaviour and temperament and you need to understand what you are bringing into your family.  

Mixes are just as great too!

and Rumor is wonderful!  She almost won last year (second place) and just came out of retirement last month --- and she is a perfect example of what a GS is.  Saw an interview with her family this morning, she is more than just a show dog :)

Edited by CreativeOne, 15 February 2017 - 12:46 PM.

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#7 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

My daughter is fostering a rescue German Shepard at the house here. Poor thing is verbally very aggressive  towards anyone it doesn't recognize but is really scared to death as he was rescued from an abusive household. :(   He's very thin as he doesn't want to eat.  I've finally got him to the point he will come up to me sometimes to take a treat. 

He's a beautiful animal and she's working with rescue trainers to figure out how to get him more relaxed and to the point he could be adopted. 

• CreativeOne, Rocky's Mom, OSU and 1 other like this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#8 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

Growing up we owned,over the years three German Shepherds. Beautiful very intelligent, loyal breed. They are protective of their family but unlike some other breeds like pit bulls for instance that you have to work constantly to fight against their inbreed tendency to become vicious the only way you will get a vicious German Shepherd is to purposely work to make them that way. Not a low maintenance dog by any means they are a willful breed and will try to become the Alpha member of the family if you let them, they need exercise, stimulation and training but they are wonderful dogs,  

• Rocky's Mom likes this

"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump,"

#9 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

They are beautiful, as are all dogs, but of all the ones I have ever encountered, I don't ever recall one that I would call friendly despite their owners' claims to the contrary. 

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

#10 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

They are beautiful, as are all dogs, but of all the ones I have ever encountered, I don't ever recall one that I would call friendly despite their owners' claims to the contrary.

Totally agree with you. But, then again, if you want friendly........get a golden. :)
  • The Sound Guy and OSU like this

#11 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

I know. My Ralphie likes her, he likes her a lot! He wants to take her to the beach. LOL
attachicon.gifrockymomsgs1.jpg
Can someone please turn this picture right? Pretty please?

(done: click to make it bigger - pubby)

Just saw this, thanks Pubby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics