Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,813 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

....... Or at least the pollen is.

http://www.atlantaal...m/pollen_counts

So is winter over for us?  No March or April winter snow storm to happen?  

I've been seeing and hearing Sandhills the last week or so, all heading north, and our Cherry trees have begun to bud out.  My two drakes have divided up the hens and are starting to feel "anxious".  The hens have started cleaning out their nesting areas.
Sure seems that nature thinks winter is over.

Edited by Blondiega1, 14 February 2017 - 09:22 PM.

• dallasbrowneyes likes this

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#2 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

My yellow bells sure seem to think so. 

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#3 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

I trust nature way more than meteoridiots who are wrong most of the time unless we are in a long term sustained weather pattern. I have seen the obvious flowers blooming but put more faith in the birds. Like Blondie I have seen two large gaggles of SHC flying north as well as some Robins scratching around. Not saying there will not be any more cold snaps or even snow but Spring is coming early.

#4 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

I saw a rabbit in my neighbor's yard yesterday.
  • Dana likes this
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#5 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,552 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

Our Daffodils bloomed about 2 wks ago. I haven't noticed if the Crocus (sp?) is getting green. I haven't worn a coat but, maybe once, this year.

Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics