7 replies to this topic

#1 Stiff

Stiff

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

I live in yorkville on Hwy. 101 it was loud..

#2 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,114 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

I'm beginning to think the spate of 'loud explosions' we hear in Paulding are due to the use of tannerite targets. 

Below are some videos of 'tannerite' explosions.  Tannerite is legal and you can probably buy it at an outdoor sports place or maybe even tractor supply.

above: A rare 5speed 6 cylinder 1979 Ford Bronco gets blown to bits with probably 10 pounds of the stuff.

Below:  Below 2lbs and a gallon of gasoline take out an outhouse.

pubby

#3 Stiff

Stiff

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

Maybe so. Thanks for your reply on this☺

#4 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Maybe, but at 10:00 PM?  You have to shoot Tannerite to make it go off and you do NOT want to be close when it goes off and it's hard to see in the dark.

I'd lean more to Acetylene balloons.  A friend of my would make them and one not much bigger than your fist sounded like a half stick of dynamite going off.

If someone made a big balloon sized one, it' would have a massive bang.

truck.JPG

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#5 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

I didn't hear this one, but I have heard some in the recent past.

Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#6 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

I didn't hear this one, but I have heard some in the recent past.

We live in the same area. It's that explosive you can buy at a local sports store just over the counter, like you buy suntan lotion. I've asked folks why they feel the need to do it, they say there's nothing else to do and they find it exciting.

I also understand that there are videos of folks putting it in pigs and blowing them to kingdom come.

Nice huh?
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#7 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

I think anyone who would blow up any animal, like that, is SICK, Rocky's Mom!  :angry:

• Rocky's Mom likes this
Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#8 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

I think anyone who would blow up any animal, like that, is SICK, Rocky's Mom!  :angry:

I agree. No one at any time could be possibly that bored. However, as much as I believe in different strokes for different folks......this type of brutality is beyond being a human being with all the sensibilities that go along with being a functional member of that society.

I.just.dont.get it.
  • ivylove likes this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics