No replies to this topic

#1 Clifford Davids

Clifford Davids

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

As you know, the 40th anniversary of the crash of Southern Airways Flight 242 is approaching next year. There will be a memorial service on March 25, 2017 at 11:30 AM at the New Hope First Baptist Church on 31 Bobo Road in Dallas, GA. I hope all of you are able to attend.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I have been able to locate Louie F. Schneider, the former chief of the Dallas, GA Police Department in 1977. Chief Schneider, who is now 86 years old, arrived at the Southern 242 crash scene within minutes of the devastating crash. He and the men in his department played a key role in securing the site and ensuring that all of the survivors made it to area hospitals within one hour of the crash.

Although the chief is retired and living out of state, he is planning to drive down to attend the 40th memorial service at the New Hope First Baptist Church. I am planning to organize a separate first responder event to honor Chief Schneider when he is in town. More to follow with the specifics of location and time.

You can find a photo of Chief Schneider in his Dallas PD uniform at the following link:

https://ashevilleora.../action-photos/

Thank you.

Clifford Davids

• FreeBird, mojo413, Beach Bum and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics