25 replies to this topic

#1 mimosaflower

mimosaflower

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

This is not important but I wonder about it. I have always said Mac donald's. Nowadays everyone says Mick donald's. But, notice the burger is Big Mac not Big Mick, so I think I am right. What do you say? I know it is not important, but I want to know what is the general opinion. Thanks.

#2 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,218 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

I call it Micky D's  lol 

• mach4 likes this
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#3 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

Mac Donalds or Mickey D's is how we say it.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#4 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

I've always called it Mick-Donalds.
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#5 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

When they bust out a singin' and a dancin' over the burgers in their commercials they sing it as "mac".

That's the good southern pronunciation anyway, y'all can be yankee influenced if you like.

Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#6 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

lol I call it ...Mis take....give me the King

#7 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,604 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

Like it's spelled. MacDonalds.....except I eat a cheese quarter pounder once or twice a year. I don't dig mass produced foods of any kind. It just doesn't seem good for you. Or your kids people.
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#8 watcher

watcher

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

Like it's spelled. MacDonalds.....except I eat a cheese quarter pounder once or twice a year. I don't dig mass produced foods of any kind. It just doesn't seem good for you. Or your kids people.

but it's spelled McDonalds

• zwier, Mrs G, kyro and 1 other like this
Given any kind of task the male and female brain light up with differing levels of activity in various cortical sections. This brain activity is universal and gender based.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
Gerald R Ford

#9 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,604 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

but it's spelled McDonalds

Yup......guess that's how much attention I pay to McDonalds huh?
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#10 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

I sure could go for a McDonald's cheeseburger and a chocolate shake right now, yum!

#11 mach4

mach4

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Mc is pronounced "mick"

or thats the way we were taught in school 45 years ago.  :pardon:

#12 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

I call it MacDonald's (hey McDonald's original founders, Dick and Mac McDonald were part Irish), McDonald's McDog's or McD's.

I have heard some of different names for McD's: http://bit.ly/2iTfqFw :D

I have not eaten in McD's in years. The last time I ate was in McD's in West Cartersville/Euharlee. I was not pleased with the food I received that time.

Edited by Brian, 08 January 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#13 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

McRibs are awesome.  Everything else is nasty.  Wait..except their fries IF they are fresh and hot.

This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#14 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:14 PM

I recently stopped in Krystal's to eat 2 small plain chicken sandwiches and french fries. I thought their fries tasted similar to McD's fries. Not too salty like McD's.

#15 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

McD's fries were tastier when they were cooked in lard. (Back in the day before the Health Police shamed them into using vegetable oil).

• The Sound Guy, Brian and october like this

"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump,"

#16 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:42 PM

Everything is better cooked in lard.

My grandmother used to render lard from the pigs we would kill.

My God, that's what made her fried apple pies so good and biscuits and fried chicken. Well, fried everything.

My mother convinced her sometime in the late 50's to use Crisco.
  • Brian and Dana like this

#17 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

McD's fries were tastier when they were cooked in lard. (Back in the day before the Health Police shamed them into using vegetable oil).

True story!

#18 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

I worked in McD's for couple of months when I was 15. I worked at the frying unit. I had to fill/refill and drain lard. I don't remember them smelling like pigs. I looked it up, they used beef tallow (beef fats) back in the days.

See: http://bit.ly/2iUvoz6

#19 Blunt Trauma

Blunt Trauma

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

You can go get you a stick out of the yard, batter it, and fry it in lard. What you end up with is one tasty dang stick.
  • The Sound Guy and Dana like this
Son, don't throw rocks at your Grandma, 'cause she's to old to dodge 'em. - My Dad 1966

#20 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

I say "Gag-n-Heave"

Have not eaten in one since the late 1970s?

Have not stepped foot inside on since the mid 1990s, before my son's taste buds grew proper nerve endings and he realized how much better the home cooked food was, including burgers and fries. And yes, I still grind my own beef. It is worth the time and effort.

When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#21 Jamie Weaver

Jamie Weaver

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

Am I the only one to have never tried a McRib?  I'll have to make that a new years resolution.

- Jamie

Edited by Jamie Weaver, 09 January 2017 - 04:19 PM.

"I have always tried to [tell the truth], but the Russians made me do it."  - Hillary Clinton

#22 cptlo306

cptlo306

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

Am I the only one to have never tried a McRib?  I'll have to make that a new years resolution.

- Jamie

They don't have them all the time so they may not be available.

This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#23 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

- Jamie

Me either. Don't plan trying them

#24 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

- Jamie

No.

I don't eat there. Probably haven't in 20 years.

I get happy meals for the rug rat and feel guilty because I don't know what he's eating. LOL
  • Jamie Weaver likes this

#25 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

Mc is pronounced "mick"

or thats the way we were taught in school 45 years ago.  :pardon:

I always heard it as "Muhk" or "Muck" as in Muhkdonalds ... Muhkgiver ... According to dictionary.com ... muh k-don-ld ... 

That is what the dictionary says now in 2017.

pubby

#26 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

I say "Gag-n-Heave"

Have not eaten in one since the late 1970s?

Have not stepped foot inside on since the mid 1990s, before my son's taste buds grew proper nerve endings and he realized how much better the home cooked food was, including burgers and fries. And yes, I still grind my own beef. It is worth the time and effort.

What do you grind?  Just get a chuck roast and grind it all up?  

We have a grinder that I've used to grind deer and since we came up short this year, may want to make regular burger out of it.

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics