18 replies to this topic

#1 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

Anyone got a report on how Goldmine Rd is looking?
The girl child lives out that way.

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#2 Stonewall

Stonewall

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

Just got in from Rockmart. Some icy spots in shaded areas. Most of the road is fine and passable.

#3 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,598 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Anyone got a report on how Goldmine Rd is looking?
The girl child lives out that way.

That's one of the bad things about getting out here when there's snow and ice.......there isn't a "safe" road. You have goldmine or 120,both of which are hilly, curvy and dangerous with ice around.

Good luck.
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#4 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

That's one of the bad things about getting out here when there's snow and ice.......there isn't a "safe" road. You have goldmine or 120,both of which are hilly, curvy and dangerous with ice around.
Good luck.

I know. And I just found out the boy child rolled his truck this morning.
Not sure where it happened. Thank GOD he's okay.

Just got in from Rockmart. Some icy spots in shaded areas. Most of the road is fine and passable.

Thank you!

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#5 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

I know. And I just found out the boy child rolled his truck this morning.
Not sure where it happened. Thank GOD he's okay.

Thank you!

WOW; so glad he is ok.

#6 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

WOW; so glad he is ok.

Me too. He might be grown with youguns of his own, but he's still my baby boy.
  • lowrider, Dana and OSU like this

#7 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Blondie, so glad your boy is ok! I understand about them always being your baby. I have 18 and 20 y/o boys and they're still my babies. Again, so very glad he's ok. :wub:

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#8 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

Blondie, so glad your boy is ok! I understand about them always being your baby. I have 18 and 20 y/o boys and they're still my babies. Again, so very glad he's ok. :wub:

thanks. :wub:

#9 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

Blondie. so glad your son is okay. I know what you mean too

No matter what age they are they will always be your baby :wub: 

#10 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Blondie. so glad your son is okay. I know what you mean too
No matter what age they are they will always be your baby :wub:

THANKS!
THen my sister slide off the road on the way home from here!
She's fine and so is her car but it just makes the point that roads are still icy!

#11 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:40 PM

THANKS!
She's fine and so is her car but it just makes the point that roads are still icy!

Yes they are.

#12 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:17 AM

Our son works in Acworth. He made it into work just fine this morning.
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#13 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,174 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:29 AM

THANKS!

Glad you son and sister are ok!

Everyone needs to be careful this morning.  Some "thawing" occurred yesterday but not drying the roads, those refroze overnight.  Caution and slow and steady are the words for this morning.

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#14 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

Also be careful when stepping/walking on the grounds. Mine looks like a ice-skating rink right now.
  • october likes this

#15 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

Also be careful when stepping/walking on the grounds. Mine looks like a ice-skating rink right now.

Mine too.  I've been forbidden to leave the house till it's gone.

If anyone is going to slip and break something, it would be me.

#16 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

Dabbs Bridge Road is icy where shaded, but the county spread sand and salt and it's drivable if you reduce speed. 

My concern was someone was going to hit the dry spots, think the road was fine and do 50 MPH, then round a curve and hit ice with little warning.

There are a LOT of tire tracks off the side of the road in a lot of places.  

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#17 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

So glad your sister is okay too Blondie. Your are so right about the roads, the temps have been below

freezing for so long some of the roads may still be icy. I am just so ready for warmer weather!!!

Everyone stay safe out there!!!

#18 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

We were in the ER with my FIL yesterday (for internal testing) and found it full of broken bone cases from slipping on the ice.  The nurse said it had been that way all day.

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#19 rednekkhikkchikk

rednekkhikkchikk

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

Yes my 83 year old step dad fell on some ice and came away with deep bruising and scraped up pretty badly.  I fractured my spine a few years ago falling on some icy steps. I don't go out when there is ice on the ground if it can be avoided.  

Monday morning I saw a little car near the tree line off to the right of the east bound lanes of 278. It appeared to have spun off the road near the intersection with Hulseytown, because it was facing the opposite direction of travel but otherwise appeared to be unharmed.  Tuesday morning the car was pushed back further into the trees, the whole front end was smashed and part of a road sign was laying nearby.  

Not a pleasant surprise for the car's owner, and probably a pretty bad experience for the 2nd vehicle to hit that icy patch, as well.  

• october likes this
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion". - Sir Francis Bacon

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop". -P. J. O'Rourke

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." ~Frank Zappa

"All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established." -Aristotle

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." -Thomas Jefferson

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority." -Noah Webster

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking". - AA Milne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics