24 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

Last I went out we had a pretty good ice layer on the ground......now it's snowing! Hope everyone prepared to have a nice, cozy, warm and food laden weekend.

Don't go out and get on the road.
  • OSU likes this
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#2 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,455 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

Sheriff says to stay home. Folks are starting to call in and they are having accidents. Take his advice and stay home.

• lowrider and OSU like this

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#3 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,739 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

Snow has been a bust so far.   Only about 1/2 inch showing out of the 3 to 5 inches and approx 50% of that is sleet.   North Paulding.

If it's sticking on the roads its gonna be a MESS in the morning as it looks like it will freeze into a solid sheet of ice.

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#4 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

Snow has been a bust so far.   Only about 1/2 inch showing out of the 3 to 5 inches and approx 50% of that is sleet.   North Paulding.

If it's sticking on the roads its gonna be a MESS in the morning as it looks like it will freeze into a solid sheet of ice.

Yup......it's gonna be a mess in the morning. Delicious tacos with many condiments for tomorrow!
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#5 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Mostly sleet here.

I went out with the dogs about 8:30, folks were barely creeping on Hiram Sudie. And then here comes some idiot on a 4 wheeler.

#6 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:12 PM

Ice Ice Baby.

I'm so disappointed. I wanted snow so much.
I guess Mother Nature is fickle.

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#7 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:20 PM

I'm getting lots snow.

• Blondiega1 likes this

#8 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

I'm getting lots snow.

Braggart.
Bite me.

I say that in the most supportive and loving means possible.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#9 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,455 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

Ice Ice Baby.

I'm so disappointed. I wanted snow so much.
I guess Mother Nature is fickle.

Mother Nature likes to slap us around from time to time. She is laughing cause we thought she was going to give us some snow. :fool:

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#10 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,173 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

About 20 minutes ago, I walked out to the road.  Crunchy on the driveway with a little snow on top.

There were places where the trees took the ice/snow and those were just wet but not icy.

Does appear someone did go down my street.

DH has to go out this morning, please send your best wishes that he is safe.

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#11 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

About 20 minutes ago, I walked out to the road.  Crunchy on the driveway with a little snow on top.
There were places where the trees took the ice/snow and those were just wet but not icy.
Does appear someone did go down my street.
DH has to go out this morning, please send your best wishes that he is safe.

Did your husband make it to where he was going safely?

#12 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,173 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:36 AM

Did your husband make it to where he was going safely?

Yes he did :)

Said it was slower than normal but no problems.

Thanks for asking!

Now, he just has to come back home this afternoon hopefully with no problems.

Edited by CreativeOne, 07 January 2017 - 09:37 AM.

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#13 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:56 AM

Yes he did :)
Said it was slower than normal but no problems.

Thanks for asking!

Now, he just has to come back home this afternoon hopefully with no problems.

Good. :)

#14 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,739 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

I don't understand where I went wrong.

Millennials are supposed to be selfish and duck out of work for any excuse.  How did I manage to raise two of them that insist that they will go to work against my best recommendation?  Even the one that totaled his truck on ice 5 years ago!

That they both made it safely will mean they'll try it again when it's worse next time.  :(

It's notoriously difficult to predict snow here.   I know that.   Yet I still get disappointed when they say "3 to 5 inches" and we get 1/2".  <sigh>

I think it was someone on here that said that we only get big snow when they predict it for somewhere else.   I guess they were right, LOL.

From the pictures I saw on facebook, it looks like North Ga got most of the 5-7 inches that was forecast there late in the day.

Sigh.  Until next time.

• lowrider, Dana and OSU like this

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#15 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,218 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

just a ice here.... 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#16 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

just a ice here....

Here too. I'm not aloud to leave the house for fear I'll fall and break something. LOL

#17 stercus tauri

stercus tauri

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

We have a hill in the back and the kids played all day sliding down it using all sorts of contraptions. The ice made for lots of fun going down but getting back up took them a good while each time. Hot chocolate and potato soup. Nothing until Monday so its fun around this place.

#18 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

My dogs were a real comedy dealing with the front stairs and the rather small hill. Needless to say, they came back in pretty quick.

#19 stercus tauri

stercus tauri

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

My dogs were a real comedy dealing with the front stairs and the rather small hill. Needless to say, they came back in pretty quick.

​No dogs here, but the cat wouldn't even go outside. She looked at me like I had grown horns and hissed at my husband when he tried to coax her out. OK, push her outside.

#20 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

​No dogs here, but the cat wouldn't even go outside. She looked at me like I had grown horns and hissed at my husband when he tried to coax her out. OK, push her outside.

Two inside and one outside cat here. My two Manx cats are something else.....out and back in within minutes. Outside cat has a bed in the garage. It's their little paw pads that get hurt in this ice. Makes sense to me.....they seem pretty thin skinned on their little feet.

#21 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

We've seen several cars going slowly up and down Winndale.
The worst for us right now is the driveway/sidewalk up to the door. Papi put down some salt, but it's still pretty icy.
I've been forbidden to go outside till it melts. If anyone is going to fall and break something, it will be me.

#22 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

Still have lots of snow. My driveway still sleet of ice. Neighbors  across the road all their snow melted.

#23 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

Our driveway and street are dry. So we decided to go to Walmart. We found out first hills in Powder Mill are iced over and cars are parked on the street and yards. We turned around and came home. I just saw on Facebook 19 cars are backed up trying to get into our neighborhood.
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#24 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

Just
Now

Due to icy conditions around the county, the Paulding County School District will be closed for students and staff Monday, January 9, 2017.

Txt STOP to cancel
  • mojo413 likes this

#25 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

Just
Now
Due to icy conditions around the county, the Paulding County School District will be closed for students and staff Monday, January 9, 2017.
Txt STOP to cancel

Good. Saw where it was going to hit 70 on Thursday.
  • OSU and october like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics