Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
champsbbcoach

California

What do you guys think about CA passing a law legalizing teen age prostitution ? No longer will minors be prosecuted for selling themselves to clients. I guess Thailand will see a drop off in their business now.

Couple of days ago I fell for it until I read other sources.

If California did legalise this, there would have been millions of people protesting.

Rocky's mom:

Champsbbcoach hasn't thought through the issue and like most conservatives, fails to recognize that the clients of these 11-12 and 13 year old girls and boys are typically men with money who use their money to victimize these kids and insulate themselves from severe prosecution by smearing their victims with criminal charges that make it easy for them to get off.

What CBBC doesn't grasp is that the law now could portray the 11-year old sex worker as a victim in a statutory rape charge against the john and put his butt away. I suspect the law includes some hefty fines (in addition to deviant sex register rules) for those who victimize these kids and with that kind of option, judges and juries will be able to fund the social services for the kids pretty easy given assuming a portion of those fines and fees are dedicated for that. (While that aspect wasn't nationally reported I suspect they did that, being intelligent legislators.

However, this is just another example how the right tries to frame arguments over laws to protect their interests (the privilege of wealthy white males who believe they can buy anything, including pedophilic sex, with money.)

pubby

What do you guys think about CA passing a law legalizing teen age prostitution ? No longer will minors be prosecuted for selling themselves to clients. I guess Thailand will see a drop off in their business now.

​What fake news sites have you been reading? That is nowhere near what the new law does, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a fake news spin.

Gov Jerry Brown signed a law de-criminalizing prostitution for minors. Look it up

Snopes is not what one would consider a reliable source. Check your link again, all it has is a 404 error page.
  • Like 1

However, this is just another example how the right tries to frame arguments over laws to protect their interests (the privilege of wealthy white males who believe they can buy anything, including pedophilic sex, with money.)

pubby

And everyone just let's your continued put-downs of those on the right slide right on by.

Maybe it's because they don't won't blow back from calling you out . . . or maybe it's because they are aware of some "condition" you might have, of which I am unaware.

• Like 2

Doing this on my phone as it is a slow night with only a few patients. It should be fixed now. Snopes is accurate and very reliable.

http://www.snopes.com/child-prostitution-legalized-in-california/

Snopes.com is just a mom-and-pop operation that was started by two people who

have absolutely no formal background or experience in investigative research.

http://accuracyinpolitics.blogspot.com/2013/05/snopes-got-snoped.html

8)

• Like 2

And everyone just let's your continued put-downs of those on the right slide right on by.

Maybe it's because they don't won't blow back from calling you out . . . or maybe it's because they are aware of some "condition" you might have, of which I am unaware.

Liberalism

Liberalism

Richard Nixon, Ronald Raygun, George Bush,Dick Cheney, Donald Trump. I have seen what you conservatives have to offer and it's not pretty.

1540400750-gump-stupid-is-as-stupid-does

Richard Nixon, Ronald Raygun, George Bush,Dick Cheney, Donald Trump. I have seen what you conservatives have to offer and it's not pretty.

1540400750-gump-stupid-is-as-stupid-does

Apparently people did not like what the Democrats had to offer either.

• Like 3

That plus $5 will get Hillary some coffee at Starbucks.

So, it doesn't matter that the majority does not rule I guess. It's all about the electoral college.

People need to wake up to the facts of who we really are.

That plus $5 will get Hillary some coffee at Starbucks.

Still it does offer some comfort for the future knowing the only way a Republican can get into the White House is through the Electoral College or by a Supreme Court decision. That in two decades no Republican President has managed to get the full support of the American people.

And that I suspect with Donald 'the sociopath' Trump at the helm those days will end sooner rather than later.

So, it doesn't matter that the majority does not rule I guess. It's all about the electoral college.

People need to wake up to the facts of who we really are.

Yep, people should wake up and learn what is actually in the constitution. Want to change it? Go ahead and try.

• Like 1

Yep, people should wake up and learn what is actually in the constitution. Want to change it? Go ahead and try.

Many people are reasonably educated on the constitution, but we never thought it would change the fabric of our society. This nonsense going on now is not the America that I know.

Many people are reasonably educated on the constitution, but we never thought it would change the fabric of our society. This nonsense going on now is not the America that I know.

This nonsense is Constitutional law.

Nothing has changed.

Elections have consequences.

8)

I don't usually agree with some of the posters in this thread, but in this case, please read the article and educate yourself.

California is NOT saying that now minors can prostitute to their hearts desire.

They passed the law to prevent minor VICTIMS of prostitution from being prosecuted. Instead they are going after the folks that have VICTIMIZED the minors.

I don't usually agree with some of the posters in this thread, but in this case, please read the article and educate yourself.

California is NOT saying that now minors can prostitute to their hearts desire.

They passed the law to prevent minor VICTIMS of prostitution from being prosecuted. Instead they are going after the folks that have VICTIMIZED the minors.

But isn't it soooo delicious to slam the liberals in California by framing the issue the way they did :) I mean, if you can lie about the motives this glibly on this subject, think how distorted you can be in areas like health care, education, energy, etc. Yep, you can so confuse folks they'll vote for any dummy who is incapable in speaking a coherent thought that comprises more than 144 characters (a tweet).

pubby

But isn't it soooo delicious to slam the liberals in California by framing the issue the way they did :) I mean, if you can lie about the motives this glibly on this subject, think how distorted you can be in areas like health care, education, energy, etc. Yep, you can so confuse folks they'll vote for any dummy who is incapable in speaking a coherent thought that comprises more than 144 characters (a tweet).

pubby

But yet dispite that the OP choose to attack with his post some choose to attack you. Makes no sense.

The majority by a margin of almost three million did.

You would not be saying that if Trump or another Republican had won the majority vote but lost the electoral college. You would be praising the electoral college for doing what it is there to do.

Your only mad because your candidate lost. You can't change the rules just because you lost. If we went by majority vote next time and a Republican won but would have lost if we had the electoral college you would want the electoral college back.

Snopes.com is just a mom-and-pop operation that was started by two people who

have absolutely no formal background or experience in investigative research.

http://accuracyinpolitics.blogspot.com/2013/05/snopes-got-snoped.html

8)

You're citing a blog as your evidence? A blog post that is using a debunked email as its evidence? You want anyone to take you seriously?

http://www.snopes.com/info/aboutus.asp

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/snopescom/

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/internet/a/snopes_exposed_2.htm

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-09-28/story/fact-check-so-whos-checking-fact-finders-we-are

pubby

Because we all know that they only people who pry on children are the wealthy white males who just happen to all be republicans.

The bill as written does allow a under age person to pimp themselves out legally if they wanted to. It should have been worded in a way that still criminalizes under age prostitution when the person willingly engages in it. As it is now a 16 year old could prostitute themselves to trap the wealthy white (republican) males and just walk away scot free.

• Like 1

Because we all know that they only people who pry on children are the wealthy white males who just happen to all be republicans.

The bill as written does allow a under age person to pimp themselves out legally if they wanted to. It should have been worded in a way that still criminalizes under age prostitution when the person willingly engages in it. As it is now a 16 year old could prostitute themselves to trap the wealthy white (republican) males and just walk away scot free.

It also shows how career politicians write laws without looking for unintended consequences. Both the Dems and the GOP do it, but I'd have to say it seems the left is more prone to it.

You mean California Democrats made the law this way so 16 year old girls and guys could entrap wealthy old republicans who sought to victimize them by extorting money from them? That's silly because, while they may not be prosecuted for prostitution, the youths in that scenario certainly could be prosecuted for extortion, which in my book is a infinitely more serious crime.

I.e. there is no 'walking away' from an entrapment scenario ... and besides, the old fart ought not go around doing this crap. I don't care if the old fart Republican is a billionaire reality TV host who can grab their hoohaas 'because he is rich and famous' ... they ought to be brought up on charges and prosecuted. Hell, we'd all been a whole lot better off if folks like that were; we might not have the worlds biggest, or is it stupidest, ego as president ... if he had gotten the criminal record for such crap as he deserved.

pubby