Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Who all heard the loud explosion around 6 ish pm?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

I heard a super loud boom around 6 ish earlier tonight?  It shook my house and scared the crap out of me.  People on facebook have been commenting on this in the Paulding county yard sales group.  People claim to have heard it in Powder Springs, Hiram, Dallas, Villa Rica, Acworth, Austell, and even Taylorsville!  Does any one have any idea what it could have been?  :unsure:

RIght after I heard it, I got on Pcom, but nobody said anything about it, so I thought that maybe it was just something that exploded close to where I live.

Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#2 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

I have not heard or felt it this evening.

Could be that a new fighter was again tested out of Lockheed/Dobbins in Marietta?

#3 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

Would that be heard so far away?

Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#4 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:26 AM

Would that be heard so far away?

I could be wrong, but I believe we can hear/feel them couple of miles away.

#5 elliesgranny

elliesgranny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:46 AM

We heard that, too, here in Hiram near Cleburne Pkwy.  It shook our house.  We thought it was a huge firework being set off by one of our neighbors but I guess since it was heard several miles away that's not the case.  Not sure what that was.  

#6 jlewi

jlewi

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

It was heard on the east coast. I have relatives in upstate NY and they heard it too . They thought the gas line thats runs through the southern tiers had exploded. Nothing was found.

http://www.wbng.com/...sible-explosion

#7 ivylove

ivylove

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

What the heck could this possibly be?!?!  A small earthquake, maybe?  But wouldn't an earthquake make the news?  I have been reading lots of posts on facebook, "Paulding County Uncensored" and apparently tons of people heard and felt this too! 

I sure hope it doesn't happen any more, whatever it is/was!

• MissSophie likes this
Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

vs

#8 MsGaStorm

MsGaStorm

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

I don't know what caused it this time. However, I have heard and felt a sonic boom from a larger meteor before that was reported up and down the east coast, so it can happen. I am very sensitive to vibrations in the air or if they come through our house. I have felt earthquakes in this area that were reported as less than a 3.0, yet my husband doesn't feel any of them. I have literally HEARD my glass doors on one of my china cabinets shaking from a vibration after I felt it while sitting on our couch, yet my husband sitting 3 foot away from me did not feel it! LOL :lol:

• ivylove likes this

"Either fate IS funny or God has a FANTASTIC sense of humor!!" - Me

"We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." - Angel

#9 JSC

JSC

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Whatever it is, yesterday, (Sunday) we heard it several times thru out the day.

#10 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

We heard it both days too :unknw: 

#11 El Zorro

El Zorro

The Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,198 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

Tunnel blasting.

• PauldingPeach and mojo413 like this
Golly gee willickers.

#12 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

Tunnel blasting.

That's what I'm thinking too. Trump is not yet sworn in and he is already creating jobs here in Paulding Cty. Fred's is opening back up too. There's a Fred's mailbox in front of the Sava A Ton.
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#13 jnha

jnha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

https://earthquake.u...opics/booms.php

• ivylove and watcher like this

#14 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Tannerite.
  • Ugadawgs98 and october like this

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#15 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,283 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

I read all of the comments on FB of people hearing this explosion. I live on nebo/hwy 61 and did not hear anything 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#16 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

Tannerite.

:good:

#17 PauldingPeach

PauldingPeach

Caught In The Twillight Zone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

We have heard it several times.  We live near the old PB Ritch Elementary off of Ridge. 

Formerly Dogz~n~Katz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics