Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Sam Drucker

It Stops NOW

We've given everyone a lot of leeway during the 2 year election cycle but this is out of hand. Belligerent. Snarky. Mean. It all stops. It stops now. Discussion and even spirited discussion is what we want but too many have taken that liberty to a point of being caustic. No more. If you are attacking another member, it will be a bullet. If you bully a member, a bullet. If you go after the mods, it will be a bullet. This even includes going after Pubby. He has given you a free forum and a lot space but if you abuse his internet living room, it is going to be a bullet.

This stops. Immediately.

I have no problem with this; but if we can't "go after pubby", I hope this means he can't go after members either. He is as bad in that respect as anyone here.

• Like 13

I have no problem with this; but if we can't "go after pubby", I hope this means he can't go after members either. He is as bad in that respect as anyone here.

This is what I'm talking about. There is no reason to start the childish game of "he is bad, too." Just don't be disrespectful to anyone. If you have a question about this, use the message feature. We will enforce the rules.

so glad i do not go in the political forum.

Hun, you have no idea.

edited to add - There are just too many complaints from people about the politics. Most people don't want to see it or hear it but there is a small group that has tried to make it their goal to distribute their opinion on top of everybody in every thread in every forum and every day. Too many people have said they have lost respect for this small group and are upset with being drowned out of any discussion. It is not going to happen any more.

Edited by Sam Drucker

We appreciate discussion and encourage it. We are just sick and damn tired of a small group forcing their politics on everybody all the time. Already set one post in here invisible for being snarky and more will follow.

years ago, when I joined, this was a place to stay informed on local attractions, or get ideas on where to eat or who to use as a contractor, etc. It was fun and friendly. it was great for me as a new Paulding resident. All I ask is why? What is all this meanness about? the anger, the disrespect? So if you can't be nice - stay away!!!!!!!!!! I shake my head. what must their lives be like to be so miserable? Someone told me once that when miserable people wake up every day, they have to be themselves all over again for another day; how discouraging that must be.

• Like 4

Another post set invisible. There is not going to be any backdoor political discussion or questioning of the this. It stops.

years ago, when I joined, this was a place to stay informed on local attractions, or get ideas on where to eat or who to use as a contractor, etc. It was fun and friendly. it was great for me as a new Paulding resident. All I ask is why? What is all this meanness about? the anger, the disrespect? So if you can't be nice - stay away!!!!!!!!!! I shake my head. what must their lives be like to be so miserable? Someone told me once that when miserable people wake up every day, they have to be themselves all over again for another day; how discouraging that must be.

Thank you! Please feel free to join in and we will keep the nastiness at bay.

I stayed away from this forum because of a reply I got from a member that was very rude considering what my post was about. It made me feel like I wasn't welcome here anymore. It made me feel like I couldn't post freely about something terrible that happened in Paulding County. I still don't know if I want to post why I hate Paulding County now. Will I get attacked if I do? I think it's important for the residents here to know what happened....just in case it ever happens to them. I do know that some of the people I am upset with are members here and they are people who we should be able to rely on if the need arises. I am not looking to attack anyone...I just would like to know if I can post my issue with Paulding County without being banned for putting the truth out there.

• Like 1

I stayed away from this forum because of a reply I got from a member that was very rude considering what my post was about. It made me feel like I wasn't welcome here anymore. It made me feel like I couldn't post freely about something terrible that happened in Paulding County. I still don't know if I want to post why I hate Paulding County now. Will I get attacked if I do? I think it's important for the residents here to know what happened....just in case it ever happens to them. I do know that some of the people I am upset with are members here and they are people who we should be able to rely on if the need arises. I am not looking to attack anyone...I just would like to know if I can post my issue with Paulding County without being banned for putting the truth out there.

Thank you for your question. I would suggest you contact Pubby about a specific issue and let him handle that part. It may be that what you have is a real issue or it may be that you're missing something on the rules or policies. Or it may be that the county is dead wrong. Pubby can handle that sort of stuff. Send him a PM or call him. 770-505-8544

Peace out.

I don't know about what might have happened before but I would say you should call Pubby or send him a message.

My request a few years ago for anyone's recipe for Country Fried Steak was immediately taken out of this forum, and moved to a subset forum. That's OK. This whole site has gotten very cliquey.

Thanks Andy, Aunt Bea and Barney for trying to move it back in the better direction.

• Like 1

My request a few years ago for anyone's recipe for Country Fried Steak was immediately taken out of this forum, and moved to a subset forum. That's OK. This whole site has gotten very cliquey.Thanks Andy, Aunt Bea and Barney for trying to move it back in the better direction.

Now that is strange. Country fried steak? LOL

Now that is strange. Country fried steak? LOL

Yep, it got moved to the forum "Thoughts for Food" which I'm not sure if anyone posts in or reads.

Yep, it got moved to the forum "Thoughts for Food" which I'm not sure if anyone posts in or reads.

Maybe an inexperienced mod? We post food stuff in the cafe all the time so I don't know why that would happen.

My request a few years ago for anyone's recipe for Country Fried Steak was immediately taken out of this forum, and moved to a subset forum. That's OK. This whole site has gotten very cliquey.

Thanks Andy, Aunt Bea and Barney for trying to move it back in the better direction.

Not sure what happened since I'm new to this job, but I did test that forum and it is fully seen on the board without having to do a password. I checked with some of the other mods and they said that sometimes a thread is moved just to put it in an organized place. That would make sense because food threads probably should be in a single forum about food so if anyone wants to scan all the threads about food, they would all be in one place. As long as you're using the Recent Topics button, it all shows up.

Have a fun day!

Edited by Sam Drucker