- - - - -

What's for Dinner/Supper?

food yummy

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,491 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:17 PM

Tonight is a mixture of older and new as most nights I try to do when I've been swamped :)

Leftover Stuffed Peppers -- yummy, and we think are a bit better the second (or third) time.

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits with lots of butter/spread

Homemade Apple Sauce - just apples and cinnamon (maybe ginger & nutmeg)

YUMMY!

What are you having?  Don't be shy, share a recipe or two!

• Dana likes this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#2 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:41 PM

O'Charley's copycat pecan crusted chicken salad.

Here's the recipe-

http://www.recipelin...1169709X_2.html

I use Panera Balsamic vinaigrette (its awesome) and feta instead of blue cheese.
  • Dana likes this
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#3 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,424 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

Chicken and dumplings with biscuits. The real deal.
  • Dana likes this

#4 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

Going to mama's! She just called and told us she baked a ham. I got off the phone and headed out the door with hubs before she told me what else she made, lol! Love mama's cookin'!

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#5 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:39 PM

2 Beautiful Rotisseries Maple Leaf Who;e Ducks.

Oh My god Becky are they good!!!!

Steamed them Saturday and have had them restiing with seasonings since.  Then on to the Rotisserie today.

This part is really too easy.   Get Them  centered and skewered, and turn on the burner,

Basmati Rice, gravy. pot stickers and sauce, stire fried veggies, sesame cabbage/onion slaw and egg rolls.

A Wonderful ducking feast!!!!!!!!!!!

Bon Apetite' Y'all!

• Dana likes this
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#6 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,424 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

Going to mama's! She just called and told us she baked a ham. I got off the phone and headed out the door with hubs before she told me what else she made, lol! Love mama's cookin'!

I loved My mama's and my granny's cooking. I learned to cook from them. I started cooking supper at 13 cause my mama worked.

Two recipes I regret not getting.

My granny's rice pudding. Tried and tried and it's just not the same.

My mama's dressing. Watched her and knew how she made it. For three years in a row I've tried and it just doesn't taste like hers. I miss it and I miss my mama. This coming April will be 6 years and I miss her everyday. Especially during the holidays. She always made it fun.

Edited by lowrider, 29 November 2016 - 06:19 PM.

• Dana and MissSophie like this

#7 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

I loved My mama's and my granny's cooking. I learned to cook from them. I started cooking supper at 13 cause my mama worked.
Two recipes I regret not getting.
My granny's rice pudding. Tried and tried and it's just not the same.
My mama's dressing. Watched her and knew how she made it. For three years in a row I've tried and it just doesn't taste like hers. I miss it and I miss my mama. This coming April will be 6 years and I miss her everyday. Especially during the holidays. She always made it fun.

I'm so sorry, Low. I remember you posting about your dear, sweet mama and the pics you shared on here right around the time she passed. :wub: I know you must miss her and your granny terribly. I lost my granny about twenty years ago and still think of her everyday. I have her cast iron skillet and two of her porcelain ducks. I keep the ducks in my kitchen, I'll put them in one position and within a few days, they move! I know that's just granny messing with me, she had a wicked sense of humor.

Keep trying on your mama's dressing and your granny's rice pudding. You'll get it right one day, I just know it! :wub:
All of the the food you guys had sounds so yummy!
  • lowrider likes this

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#8 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,424 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

My granny helped raise me. That's why I lived in Alabama on their farm for so long.

She died when I was 38, 1988. Almost 30 years and not a day goes by that I don't think of her. We had a "connection". I may as well have lost my mother when I lost her.
  • Dana likes this

#9 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:56 AM

I'm so sorry, Low. I remember you posting about your dear, sweet mama and the pics you shared on here right around the time she passed. :wub: I know you must miss her and your granny terribly. I lost my granny about twenty years ago and still think of her everyday. I have her cast iron skillet and two of her porcelain ducks. I keep the ducks in my kitchen, I'll put them in one position and within a few days, they move! I know that's just granny messing with me, she had a wicked sense of humor.

Keep trying on your mama's dressing and your granny's rice pudding. You'll get it right one day, I just know it! :wub:
All of the the food you guys had sounds so yummy!

my ex husbands mother made the best rice pudding.  never got the recipe; don't think she had one.  yumm

• Dana likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, yummy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics