Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

America-made Apple products?

Apple suppliers Foxconn and Pegatron may be looking into relocating their manufacturing operations for the iPhone from China to the U.S. The news comes on the heels of concerns that when Donald Trumps gets into the White House, he may start pushing Apple to start producing at least a certain number of components for the iPhone in the U.S.

http://bit.ly/2g0W7XW

This sounds very scary... Phones and everything getting pricier...

LOL, the profit margin on the iPhone is so high now they could handle double the cost. The only thing would drop would be Apple's Billion $$ profit that is stored overseas right now.

IHS Markit currently pegs the production cost for the 32GB iPhone 7 at around $225. Apple is widely known for its gross margins, a metric it has long prioritizes, and it sells the 32GB iPhone 7 for $649 on an unsubsidized basis.

My company is ecstatic to have gross margins in the mid 40%. Apple's margin is over 200%.

Anyway, as some production moves here of all types of products, more higher paying jobs will open, both providing those workers with more cash and in general pressuring wages up to cover the difference as the unemployment rate goes down.

Yes, that's a simplified view of a grossly more complex economic engine but the bottom line is that Manufacturing and R&D are the only two *creators* of value. Everything else just moves stuff around.

• Like 1

Apple suppliers Foxconn and Pegatron may be looking into relocating their manufacturing operations for the iPhone from China to the U.S. The news comes on the heels of concerns that when Donald Trumps gets into the White House, he may start pushing Apple to start producing at least a certain number of components for the iPhone in the U.S.http://bit.ly/2g0W7XWThis sounds very scary... Phones and everything getting pricier...

Gee. American jobs. Imagine that.

I'll be happy to pay more for MADE IN USA

• Like 1

No reason we shouldn't look to Forbes as a great prognosticator. I mean they totally predicted the primaries and then the election right? The MSM has been exposed as biased liars. Take what you read there with a few thousand grains of salt.

No reason we shouldn't look to Forbes as a great prognosticator. I mean they totally predicted the primaries and then the election right? The MSM has been exposed as biased liars. Take what you read there with a few thousand grains of salt.

They had lots of company relative to the polls. What's up with that anyway?

Point being, the glass on the iPhone is made by Corning. Right here in the USA. I'm sure there are many other components made here as well. Waiting on Trump to take credit for saving Corning.

They had lots of company relative to the polls. What's up with that anyway?

Point being, the glass on the iPhone is made by Corning. Right here in the USA. I'm sure there are many other components made here as well. Waiting on Trump to take credit for saving Corning.

In fact, I know most people here would be surprised what countries play the biggest part in the manufacture of iphones. China's among the lowest recipient as they only "assemble" the completed parts which are made mostly in Germany, with several other countries equally as developed as Germany. ;) Including us. :)