#1 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:36 PM

Sophie is looking for a home.
She's about 30-36 lbs and will be 1 year old in January so she's not getting much bigger.
House broken, fully vetted and spayed.
American bulldog/ cocker spaniel mix.
Current owners are trying to adopt a child and the case worker won't approve them due to an active dog. SMH.........she's a puppy!!
Anyway, please contact me if interested.

cee3d9028416d0fad4d1e03bbe72f1ed_zpspenq

Edited because I have confirmed she is spayed.

Edited by Blondiega1, 18 November 2016 - 01:17 PM.

• Dana and mojo413 like this

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#2 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

what a cutie!

good luck!

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#3 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:45 PM

what a cutie!
good luck!

Thanks.
My daughter has one of Sophie's sisters.
They are such sweeties and lovers! They are just active puppies!
I keep telling my daughter one day her girl is going to be a big fat lazy baby and she'll miss this puppy time.
  • TJB likes this

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#4 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:59 PM

What a cutie pie!!  I am going to send her picture to someone.  Actually I posted it on FB.  I have many dog lover friends.

Edited by MissSophie, 17 November 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#5 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

ok, so now I have another question from a friend.  how does she play with other dogs?  another friend has a 65# German Shepherd mix and looking for another dog.  They live in Fl but willing to drive. (they are a young couple, lol)

#6 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

ok, so now I have another question from a friend.  how does she play with other dogs?  another friend has a 65# German Shepherd mix and looking for another dog.  They live in Fl but willing to drive. (they are a young couple, lol)

She's in a home now with another dog so she used to that.

She's very playful and if they have a fenced yard, it would be great.

#7 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

She really is a cutie, I hope you find a great home for her.
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#8 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:45 PM

I still can't get over the fact that their case worker won't approve them for adoption due to their dogs!

Seriously?????

• MissSophie likes this

#9 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:33 PM

I still can't get over the fact that their case worker won't approve them for adoption due to their dogs!
Seriously?????

Have your friends contact the agency (where the caseworker works at) and see if there is such rules.

#10 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

Oh my goodness, what a sweet, sweet baby! I had to put my 12 y/o boxer to sleep,last year and my heart is still aching. I literally feel like I lost a family member. :(
Our family is very close to being ready for a new furbaby. She even has the same marking on her chest that my girl Dixie had. Let me talk it over with the fam and see how everyone feels. Our animals are family and we invest our whole heart and soul to them, so I need to get everyone's input. :wub:

Seriously?????

That's beyond crazy! I've never heard of anything like that.
  • Blondiega1, MissSophie and jenilyn like this

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#11 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,201 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

Oh my goodness, what a sweet, sweet baby! I had to put my 12 y/o boxer to sleep,last year and my heart is still aching. I literally feel like I lost a family member. :(
Our family is very close to being ready for a new furbaby. She even has the same marking on her chest that my girl Dixie had. Let me talk it over with the fam and see how everyone feels. Our animals are family and we invest our whole heart and soul to them, so I need to get everyone's input. :wub:

That's beyond crazy! I've never heard of anything like that.

Oh man! Before you talk it over with the family, make them brownies. I would love it if you gave her a home. She looks so sweet. I know you would be a wonderful dog mom to her.

Also, I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a pet.
  • Blondiega1 and Dana like this
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#12 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:23 PM

Have your friends contact the agency (where the caseworker works at) and see if there is such rules.

They should! My daughter works for Floyd DFACS and said she's never heard such a rule!

Oh man! Before you talk it over with the family, make them brownies. I would love it if you gave her a home. She looks so sweet. I know you would be a wonderful dog mom to her.

That would be wonderful! She's a real sweetie but she is 100% puppy and very active.
She'll likely settle down in a few years, but right now she needs to run, play, and burn energy!
Let me know if you're interested.

I'm also sorry for your loss. So hard to say goodbye to them.
  • Dana likes this

#13 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Bumping for the Friday group.

Sophie is such a sweet heart!  Someone please love her!

#14 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

i am still looking

#15 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

i am still looking

Thank you!

#16 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:58 PM

Awww, you're a great doggy mom too. Thanks so much for your condolences, too.
We got our sweet Dixie when my boys were 4 and 6, so my "puppies" all grew up together. Dixie rode with us to school and back every single day for years. She loved to ride, she was just one of the kids to us; she really didn't know she was a dog. She was my best friend, my therapist and always loved unconditionally. She even talked to me, lol! I would make a little sing song type of talk to her and I swear, she would do the exact same little talk back to me. The years went by and the day came when my oldest son and my baby started driving to school together. The first day they drove away,I put on a brave face and told them to be careful. As soon as I watched them drive away and closed the door, I fell to my knees , sobbing. The first time your kids drive away on their own is very bittersweet. Dixie sat in the floor with me and licked my tears away. She shared my sadness and didnt understand why we weren't all riding to school together.
We also would always split a cheeseburger happy meal every friday, she loved her a cheeseburger. As she got older and started having trouble getting into the car, it broke my heart. I promised her I would always have her back and I know she understood what I meant. She slowly started to struggle to walk, she had good days and bad days, I knew the end was drawing near. The day came when I went to get our cheeseburger Happy meal,she wouldn't touch her favorite thing in the world and stumbled as she tried to get up and walk. She looked at me as if to say, "mommy, it's time" and I knew I had to keep my promise to her. My husband couldn't even begin to think about doing what had to be done. It's funny how I found strength I never knew i had. I texted my boys at school when it was time to take her to the vet and asked if they wanted to come to tell her goodbye. They did and they rode to the vet with me. My youngest couldn't come in and told her his goodbyes in the car, crying his eyes out. My oldest carried her in the door and we went to the dreaded room to spend a few precious last minutes with her. I held her little head in my lap as the vet put her to sleep while my son sat beside me trying to be strong. Saddest thing in the world :( sorry to sound so melodramatic but our animals really are family members and it hurt so bad to lose her. Thus the hesitancy to get another one with our grief still being so raw. Gosh, that was a lot! Anyhow, Sophie is a beauty and I hope she finds a forever home with people who love and adore her! Blondie, thanks for helping this sweet baby :wub:
Edited to add: sorry for any typos, hard to type and complete my thoughts through tears :)

Edited by Dana, 19 November 2016 - 12:01 AM.

• MissSophie and jenilyn like this

#17 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:02 AM

Awww, you're a great doggy mom too. Thanks so much for your condolences, too.
We got our sweet Dixie when my boys were 4 and 6, so my "puppies" all grew up together. Dixie rode with us to school and back every single day for years. She loved to ride, she was just one of the kids to us; she really didn't know she was a dog. She was my best friend, my therapist and always loved unconditionally. She even talked to me, lol! I would make a little sing song type of talk to her and I swear, she would do the exact same little talk back to me. The years went by and the day came when my oldest son and my baby started driving to school together. The first day they drove away,I put on a brave face and told them to be careful. As soon as I watched them drive away and closed the door, I fell to my knees , sobbing. The first time your kids drive away on their own is very bittersweet. Dixie sat in the floor with me and licked my tears away. She shared my sadness and didnt understand why we weren't all riding to school together.
We also would always split a cheeseburger happy meal every friday, she loved her a cheeseburger. As she got older and started having trouble getting into the car, it broke my heart. I promised her I would always have her back and I know she understood what I meant. She slowly started to struggle to walk, she had good days and bad days, I knew the end was drawing near. The day came when I went to get our cheeseburger Happy meal,she wouldn't touch her favorite thing in the world and stumbled as she tried to get up and walk. She looked at me as if to say, "mommy, it's time" and I knew I had to keep my promise to her. My husband couldn't even begin to think about doing what had to be done. It's funny how I found strength I never knew i had. I texted my boys at school when it was time to take her to the vet and asked if they wanted to come to tell her goodbye. They did and they rode to the vet with me. My youngest couldn't come in and told her his goodbyes in the car, crying his eyes out. My oldest carried her in the door and we went to the dreaded room to spend a few precious last minutes with her. I held her little head in my lap as the vet put her to sleep while my son sat beside me trying to be strong. Saddest thing in the world :( sorry to sound so melodramatic but our animals really are family members and it hurt so bad to lose her. Thus the hesitancy to get another one with our grief still being so raw. Gosh, that was a lot! Anyhow, Sophie is a beauty and I hope she finds a forever home with people who love and adore her! Blondie, thanks for helping this sweet baby :wub:
Edited to add: sorry for any typos, hard to type and complete my thoughts through tears :)

May your sweet Dixie rest in peace ......  :cray:

Blondie - I'm still looking for anyone who is wanting a new family member.  Hope she finds a home soon!

Edited by CreativeOne, 19 November 2016 - 05:03 AM.

• Dana likes this

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

#18 october

october

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:57 AM

Give me p.m if can't someone to take her. I would  glad take her.

#19 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

Give me p.m if can't someone to take her. I would  glad take her.

:wub:

Please let us know if you do get her for your family member and how things work out!

• october likes this

#20 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:29 PM

We may have a home!

I'll keep you posted!

Edited by Blondiega1, 19 November 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#21 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

I am not having any luck.  I think the interested couple might not be the right choice.  Both are in the entertainment business and travel quite a bit.  I am so happy you might have a home for her.  :)

#22 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:44 PM

We may have a home!
I'll keep you posted!

Yay!!!! I so hope so, do keep us posted!!! :wub:

#23 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:59 PM

SOPHIE HAS A NEW HOME!!!

A lady who has one of Sophie's sisters, Dolly, is taking her!
So Sophie will have a sibling, Dolly, to play with to burn that puppy energy!
Thanks so much to everyone that was helping to look for her a home!
  • Brian, cptlo306, Fluffy and 5 others like this

#24 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

SOPHIE HAS A NEW HOME!!!
A lady who has one of Sophie's sisters, Dolly, is taking her!
So Sophie will have a sibling, Dolly, to play with to burn that puppy energy!
Thanks so much to everyone that was helping to look for her a home!

So very happy to hear it!!! Thank you for finding her a good home, she's so adorable! :wub: :wub:

Edited by Dana, 19 November 2016 - 06:31 PM.

• Blondiega1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics