- - - - -

Almost Eaglets Time Again!

Eagles Eaglets

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:42 AM

Almost that time again .... Eaglets!

Mom & Dad Eagle have been seen starting to rebuild the nest to get ready for egg laying :)

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

I'm going to watch them this season .... are you?

• The Sound Guy, maybe lost and OSU like this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#2 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

Almost that time again .... Eaglets!

Mom & Dad Eagle have been seen starting to rebuild the nest to get ready for egg laying :)

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

I'm going to watch them this season .... are you?

. I love watching these two wonderful birds raise their families. I watch year round even after the season is over there are lots of nice folks to talk with!
  • dallasbrowneyes likes this

#3 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

So excited for the next generation of baby eaglets from Mama & Daddy Berry Eagles!!! :)  :)  :wub:

• Dana likes this

#4 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

Don't know if anyone else caught it on the news the other night about the eagle that was rescued from the storm drain in Fla. just found out sadly she did not make it...

#5 Brian

Brian

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:35 PM

Don't know if anyone else caught it on the news the other night about the eagle that was rescued from the storm drain in Fla. just found out sadly she did not make it...

No I have not until you mentioned that. I just read the article, so sad! :(

Here is the article: http://at.wftv.com/2fvq7OP

#6 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,759 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

OH NO!!  I thought that was her mating guarding her.

Guess they were fighting over territory.

Nature is tough sometimes.

Edited by Blondiega1, 16 November 2016 - 12:32 PM.

• OSU likes this

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#7 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

:( So very sorry to hear this

#8 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:20 AM

We have an egg!

Laid on Tuesday :)

Hoping for a very healthy eaglet!

and keeping watch to see if a second egg arrives later this week  :unknw:

Edited by CreativeOne, 05 January 2017 - 06:23 AM.

• Caped Crusader, Dana and dallasbrowneyes like this

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

#9 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:38 AM

I'm watching! :wub:

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#10 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Yep, planning on watching when I can. 

Didn't it start snowing while eggs were in the nest last year?  

What a crazy time to try to hatch eggs!

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#11 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

So excited. Hoping for a healthy baby eaglet & another egg !!!. The watch is on :wub: 

• Dana likes this

#12 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

Yippee! I was busy and missed the laying of the egg , I noticed Ma had been acting strange and fidgety. So hoping for another great season for them!
  • Dana and dallasbrowneyes like this

#13 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,304 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

Yep, planning on watching when I can. 

Didn't it start snowing while eggs were in the nest last year?  

What a crazy time to try to hatch eggs!

yes it did snow  

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#14 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

Two eggs now. Really hope they both hatch & that we will have two

healthy baby eaglets!!! :wub: 

#15 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:46 AM

Two eggs now. Really hope they both hatch & that we will have two

healthy baby eaglets!!! :wub:

yea!

#16 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:42 AM

BE ON WATCH!

Per the website ..... "Pip watch begins on Friday, Feb. 3 for the first egg laid and Wednesday, Feb. 8 for the second egg laid. We are estimating hatch dates of Feb. 4 and Feb. 11! Anyone have any guesses on both pip and hatch dates?"

Any day now!

Hoping for very healthy eaglets!

#17 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

Hoping for two healthy eaglets here and...

Hoping mom & dad stay healthy too :wub:  :wub: 

#18 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

One of the eggs has a hole .... hatching in progress!

• Caped Crusader and dallasbrowneyes like this

#19 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:20 AM

Let the watch begin.....So excited :)  :) 

• Dana likes this

#20 MsGaStorm

MsGaStorm

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:40 AM

We have an eaglet!

• Caped Crusader, Dana and dallasbrowneyes like this

"Either fate IS funny or God has a FANTASTIC sense of humor!!" - Me

"We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." - Angel

#21 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

We have an eaglet!

^ YAHOO!

B8 has arrived!

B9 should be in a day or two ...

:::fingerscrossed:::

• Dana likes this

#22 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

Dunno, that hatch was on time for B9's hatching, I'm wonder if B8 didn't make it.  It wouldn't be the first time they had an nonviable egg.

Hope I'm wrong.

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#23 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

Dunno, that hatch was on time for B9's hatching, I'm wonder if B8 didn't make it.  It wouldn't be the first time they had an nonviable egg.

Hope I'm wrong.

Yep seen this morning 2nd egg has a lg pip and if you watch closely you can see the chick working ..lol  maybe in a day or two we will meet B9!!

Edited by OSU, 12 February 2017 - 11:14 AM.

• The Sound Guy, CreativeOne and dallasbrowneyes like this

#24 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

Yep seen this morning 2nd egg has a lg pip and if you watch closely you can see the chick working ..lol  maybe in a day or two we will meet B9!!

Sweet!!   Go B9!!

• Dana and dallasbrowneyes like this

#25 SushiBoofay

SushiBoofay

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

B9 arrived sometime early this morning! So cute!!!!
A stout-hearted mouse can lift an elephant

#26 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

Congrats to Ma & Pa Berry on  2 beautiful baby eaglets. B8 & B9. :)  :wub: 

• Dana likes this

#27 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

Hays Eagles nest in PA destroyed by a storm.  Dad and Mom seem to be OK, but the nest and the egg in it are gone.  :(

http://pittsburgh.cb...rgh-wind-storm/

#28 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

Hays Eagles nest in PA destroyed by a storm.  Dad and Mom seem to be OK, but the nest and the egg in it are gone.   :(

That is so very sad to hear :( Glad mom & dad are okay!

#29 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:33 AM

Hays Eagles nest in PA destroyed by a storm.  Dad and Mom seem to be OK, but the nest and the egg in it are gone.   :(

:(  

That is so very sad to hear :( Glad mom & dad are okay!

I agree - very sad but good to know Mom & Dad eagle are ok.

#30 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

They are already getting big (relatively speaking) ....  They were peeking out from under Mom when I looked earlier :)

Wish I could attach the snip I took of Mom and Eaglets ......  SO CUTE!

Edited by CreativeOne, 17 February 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#31 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

Getting so big!!

Edited by CreativeOne, 23 February 2017 - 08:49 AM.

#32 OSU

OSU

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:32 AM

Getting so big!!

yep..and they are already getting out of the bowl...love watching these two raise their young!

#33 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

The clown feet stage .... but oh so cute and growing up!

Losing the baby fuzz and the feathers are turning darker .....

Edited by CreativeOne, 06 March 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#34 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,314 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

OMG!!

THEY ARE SO BIG!

It has been awhile since I checked on the eaglets and mom and dad (there was a power outage days ago) .... but the eaglets are so BIG now!

Getting lots of exercise with their wings and perching.  They seem more attached to each other than past 2 eaglets hatching but it might be something I'm just imagining.

Continuing to monitor them growing up!!

#35 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

They seem like they are growing up fast too!! Love watching them

& so proud of how Ma & Pa Berry Eagles take care of them.

We are hoping for a road trip to Rome very soon. One year we

saw one of the eaglets fledge while we were there.

That was an exciting moment :wub: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics