Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
subby1

What's this new development on Ridge Road?

Ever since they started clear cutting a large area about 150 ft from the north side of Ridge Road, close to Bethel Church Rd., I naturally assumed it was a subdivision....until yesterday. I noticed a vast array of what looks like solar panels. LOTS of them. Does anyone know what's up with that? Guard dad, this is close to your neck of the woods. Any idea?

That is the location of the new Greystone power solar farm. They are scheduled to build a new office on the Hiram side of that site.

• Like 1

Ever since they started clear cutting a large area about 150 ft from the north side of Ridge Road, close to Bethel Church Rd., I naturally assumed it was a subdivision....until yesterday. I noticed a vast array of what looks like solar panels. LOTS of them. Does anyone know what's up with that? Guard dad, this is close to your neck of the woods. Any idea?

Are you talking about the land clearing on the North East corner of Ridge & Garmon?? I'm pretty sure that is NOT part of GreyStones property. GreyStone purchased the old Fuller property. I think it was something like 100 acres. It is Hwy 92 & Ridge, up to the Laird Rd & Ridge Rd corner. This has been discussed on here a few years ago. Let me see if i can find the platt. I think that's what it's called.

I read the posts below and I think JYD may be talking about the Solar Farm at 7901 Ridge Rd (maybe, just maybe???) Subby, we've been keeping an eye on this as well. Our rental house is across the street from the Solar Farms driveway. When I purchased that house I knew something big would be going in, on that piece of land one day. I was hoping for a Grocery Store/Shopping Strip. Oh well. I'm keeping that property. For a while longer.

eta: I hope this works......................

http://paulding.com/forum/topic/256805-guess-whos-coming-to-town/?hl=fuller

S6300086GreyStoneFullerPropertyPlatt1028
  • Like 1

The property at 92 and Ridge is GreyStones and they still have plans to relocate within the next ten years maybe sooner. They are comparing the upkeep of the existing building over the next few years. If it makes more sense to move sooner rather than later they will probably pull the trigger.

I was told it's a solar power development, apparently offered as an alternative to customers for a higher price than regular power.

• Like 1

I was told it's a solar power development, apparently offered as an alternative to customers for a higher price than regular power.

Yes, GreyStone had a notice in the latest power bill about people buying a solar panel or two, to power their homes but, we aren't interested in that, right at this minute. We'll have to go check this out!!

Ridge Road needs to be repaved, they have made a mess of that road

Ridge Road needs to be repaved, they have made a mess of that road

I had called the DOT about 2 was ago, the young lady said that the roads are NOT finished, just yet. All of the repaving will be completed in the Spring time.

Also, there's nothing going on at Ridge Rd and Garmon Rd. The NE corner was cleared for the most part but, nothing else.

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5018.JPG

There has been a lot more clear cutting off of Ridge Rd. It's on the SE corner of Ridge Rd and Bethel Church Rd, anyone knows what's going on??? Tia