Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
vrhendricks

Car Accident on Harmony Grove Church Rd this AM

Heard there was possible a fatality involved with the wreck. Praying for all involved & that NPHS has not had another tragic incident this school year.

I just read this on fb: Please pray for the students involved in the car accident this morning. There will be a prayer vigil at Cedarcrest Church for students at 4:30.

read on Fb:

As of 12:30 pm all are still alive 2 HS students were involved head trauma was severe. life flight was called in. Accident happened on or near the curve by the fire station on Harmony Grove Church Road, not clear on other details at this time

Two North Paulding Students Injured in Wreck

By Doug Gross (Patch Staff) - August 9, 2016 4:07 pm ET

DALLAS, GA — Two North Paulding High School students were injured, one of them seriously, in a two-car crash Tuesday morning.

The crash happened at about 7:30 a.m. on Harmony Grove Church Road, near Paulding County Fire Station 11, according to sheriff's office spokesman Sgt. Ashley Henson.

Both occupants of one of the vehicles -- a female driver and her male passenger -- were injured in the wreck, Henson said.

A male driver in the other vehicle was not seriously injured.

The female driver was transported to WellStar Paulding Hospital and the male passenger, who was the more seriously injured of the two, was taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital, Henson said.

The Georgia State Patrol did not immediately respond to a message seeking details about the crash and the victims' identities. Patch will update this story as more information becomes available.

DALLAS, GA — Two 16-year-old North Paulding High School students were injured, at least one of them seriously, in a two-car crash Tuesday morning.

The crash happened at about 7:30 a.m. on Harmony Grove Church Road, near Paulding County Fire Station 11, according to the Georgia State Patrol.

The teens were in a 2005 Nissan Sentra that was traveling north. While attempting to negotiate a curve, the Sentra rotated and the driver lost control, according to the state patrol.

The Sentra traveled into the southbound lane and struck the front-left side of a 2005 Ford Expedition being driven by Eddie Thomas, 51, of Acworth.

Paulding County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Ashley Henson said the female student was driving at the time of the wreck.

Both teens, who also are from Acworth, were transported to Kennestone Medical Center, according to the state patrol. Henson said the male passenger was in serious condition.

Thomas also was injured and transported to Kennestone for treatment.

State troopers were continuing to investigate the crash Tuesday afternoon. Georgia State Patrol did not release the names of the two students hurt in the crash.

DALLAS, GA — Two 16-year-old North Paulding High School students were injured, at least one of them seriously, in a two-car crash Tuesday morning.

The crash happened at about 7:30 a.m. on Harmony Grove Church Road, near Paulding County Fire Station 11, according to the Georgia State Patrol.

The teens were in a 2005 Nissan Sentra that was traveling north. While attempting to negotiate a curve, the Sentra rotated and the driver lost control, according to the state patrol.

The Sentra traveled into the southbound lane and struck the front-left side of a 2005 Ford Expedition being driven by Eddie Thomas, 51, of Acworth.

Paulding County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Ashley Henson said the female student was driving at the time of the wreck.

Both teens, who also are from Acworth, were transported to Kennestone Medical Center, according to the state patrol. Henson said the male passenger was in serious condition.

Thomas also was injured and transported to Kennestone for treatment.

State troopers were continuing to investigate the crash Tuesday afternoon. Georgia State Patrol did not release the names of the two students hurt in the crash.

Our Godson lost control on HGCR going southbound in the S-Curve just before you get to Library.

That road is nothing more than a paved horse trail from the 1940s.

The county really needs to make straightening some of those curves and tilting them the correct way a priority or we are going to continue to have accidents on that road.

• Like 1

Our Godson lost control on HGCR going southbound in the S-Curve just before you get to Library.

The county really needs to make straightening some of those curves and tilting them the correct way a priority or we are going to continue to have accidents on that road.

Or folks could go the appropriate speed or the county could actually enforce the speed limit. I travel that road all the time with no trouble. Turns out I'm going the speed limit.

• Like 6

Or folks could go the appropriate speed or the county could actually enforce the speed limit. I travel that road all the time with no trouble. Turns out I'm going the speed limit.

I agree with you. I was told by one of our commissioners that Gary told him they did not patrol anymore. I can

believe this on my road. If they don't patrol, what do they do? Just saying.

You will never see an active traffic enforcement policy by a Sheriff. His job depends on voters, right? Move to a police force and you'll see more traffic laws enforced. The police chief is not employed by the voter but by the county commission that hires him/her.

• Like 2

You will never see an active traffic enforcement policy by a Sheriff. His job depends on voters, right? Move to a police force and you'll see more traffic laws enforced. The police chief is not employed by the voter but by the county commission that hires him/her.

You know that is funny, every other sheriff have patrolled county.and took care of the county. Yes his job depends on the voters,

all the more he needs to do his job. Yes he patrols where he and David lives, and believe it or not they were working my road

yesterday.

Greatma:

the reality is that our SO is covered up responding to 911 calls. They are on the roads going to calls.

pubby

Greatma:

the reality is that our SO is covered up responding to 911 calls. They are on the roads going to calls.

pubby

And doing PR.

I have traveled that road many times.Yes it is curvy,but if you obey the speed limit and pay attention to what your doing,it should not be a problem.

• Like 1

You know that is funny, every other sheriff have patrolled county.and took care of the county. Yes his job depends on the voters,

all the more he needs to do his job. Yes he patrols where he and David lives, and believe it or not they were working my road

yesterday.

We don't live in Mayberry any more. We have much more crime and they are busy just trying to protect the citizens and their property. I hope they DO NOT stop doing that to chase speeders.

• Like 3

People forget just how big this county is. I have always said our SD does a good job considering the miles they have to cover. When we had a lot of problems on 61 with speeders passing illegally and way too many fatalities they came up here for a couple of weeks and things calmed down. That is really all it takes is for drivers to see them present and become cautious. I think it gets worse especially when school is first in session, people have to give themselves more time. Teens have always been problem drivers and always will be. My mom use to say that was why they drafted the young for war they had less fear and didn't believe the worse would happen to them.

• Like 2

We don't live in Mayberry any more. We have much more crime and they are busy just trying to protect the citizens and their property. I hope they DO NOT stop doing that to chase speeders.

I bet you will think different when one of them hits you or someone in your family.

I bet you will think different when one of them hits you or someone in your family.

No, if someone hits one of us it is the responsibility of the driver. In the case of a teen it is also the responsibility of their parent to make sure they are mature enough to allow them on the road in a weapon the size of a car. It is NOT the responsibility of law enforcement to trail them around.

• Like 1

something must be going on down nebo road, 2 marked and 4 un marked came flying down about 30 minutes,ago wiith lights on, no ambulance or fire truck.. so they are busy we may not see them but they are busy everyday protecting all of us, and trying to help were needed.

they are under staffed, so they do the best they can.. and I for one appericate all they do.

• Like 2

something must be going on down nebo road, 2 marked and 4 un marked came flying down about 30 minutes,ago wiith lights on, no ambulance or fire truck.. so they are busy we may not see them but they are busy everyday protecting all of us, and trying to help were needed.

they are under staffed, so they do the best they can.. and I for one appericate all they do.

I just got a message SP school is on lockdown. Don't know why.

I just got a message SP school is on lockdown. Don't know why.

yep that would explain it.... that is a few driveways down from us..