Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
ITMFA

Police are Safer Under Obama Than They Have Been In Decades

The statistics that don't get talked about in conservative circles that come from the Guard Dad's cited source.

Data from the Officers Down Memorial Page, which tracks law enforcement officer fatalities in real time, illustrates the point. During the Reagan years, for instance, an average of 101 police officers were intentionally killed each year. Under George H.W. Bush that number fell to 90. It fell further, to 81 deaths per year, under Bill Clinton, and to 72 deaths per year under George W. Bush.

Under Obama, the average number of police intentionally killed each year has fallen to its lowest level yet — an average of 62 deaths annually through 2015. If you include the 2016 police officer shootings year-to-date and project it out to a full year, that average of 62 deaths doesn't change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/09/police-are-safer-under-obama-than-they-have-been-in-decades/

• Like 1

OK this has got to be the dumbest statement to date.

Statistics and facts don't appeal to you? Why am I not surprised?

When your "statistics and facts" come from the Washington Com-Post heap, you have automatically branded yourself as an idiot.

Not that we didn't already know it.

When your "statistics and facts" come from the Washington Com-Post heap, you have automatically branded yourself as an idiot.

Not that we didn't already know it.

Don't let facts get in the way of your twisted beliefs. WaPo used Officer Down Memorial Page states just like Guard Dad did. You calling Guard Dad an idiot?

• Like 2

Don't let facts get in the way of your twisted beliefs. WaPo used Officer Down Memorial Page states just like Guard Dad did. You calling Guard Dad an idiot?

Glassdogs has never gotten over the Washington Post's running Richard "I'm not a crook" Nixon out of town.

Glassdogs has never gotten over the Washington Post's running Richard "I'm not a crook" Nixon out of town.

Every time I hear that now days I think of Hillary

• Like 2

And again....you're conveniently cherry picking the numbers.

From your source (which you got from me in another thread)

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016?ref=sidebar

31 officers killed by gunfire in 2016. That's up 94%.

THIS is the number that represents the anti cop sentiment that the Democrats and the media have created.

We should also point out that Obama took away much of the military surplus equipment that police were allowed to use in extreme situations, leaving them more vulnerable to danger.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-cracking-down-militarization-local-police-n360381

You were saying?

Whether conservatives like it or not Police Officers have been safer under the Obama Administration than any other Presidential Administration in 30 years.

http://www.allthingsnow.com/day/news/shared/818819c0fe4653f602e5956b6e17a3d997ca2e31/Police-Officers-Are-Dramatically-Safer-Under-Obama-Than-Any-President-In-Three-Decades-STATS

P051616PS-0091.jpeg?1463503554

• Like 1

And again....you're conveniently cherry picking the numbers.

From your source (which you got from me in another thread)

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016?ref=sidebar

31 officers killed by gunfire in 2016. That's up 94%.

THIS is the number that represents the anti cop sentiment that the Democrats and the media have created.

We should also point out that Obama took away much of the military surplus equipment that police were allowed to use in extreme situations, leaving them more vulnerable to danger.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-cracking-down-militarization-local-police-n360381

You were saying?

Even with the demilitarization of the police (rightfully so) ,Obama still has the best numbers as far as attacks against

That number is up 94% from the previous year but the Obama Administration's numbers are still better than every President since Jimmy Carter.

As quoted previously:

Data from the Officers Down Memorial Page, which tracks law enforcement officer fatalities in real time, illustrates the point. During the Reagan years, for instance, an average of 101 police officers were intentionally killed each year. Under George H.W. Bush that number fell to 90. It fell further, to 81 deaths per year, under Bill Clinton, and to 72 deaths per year under George W. Bush.

Under Obama, the average number of police intentionally killed each year has fallen to its lowest level yet — an average of 62 deaths annually through 2015. If you include the 2016 police officer shootings year-to-date and project it out to a full year, that average of 62 deaths doesn't change.

https://www.washingt...een-in-decades/

Even with the demilitarization of the police (rightfully so) ,Obama still has the best numbers as far as attacks against

That number is up 94% from the previous year but the Obama Administration's numbers are still better than every President since Jimmy Carter.

As quoted previously:

And you're still ignoring the fact that there's been a huge spike in it since the anti-cop rhetoric started.

Spin it every which way you want, but cop deaths have spiked recently. And Obama and the media are partly to blame.

And you're still ignoring the fact that there's been a huge spike in it since the anti-cop rhetoric started.

Spin it every which way you want, but cop deaths have spiked recently. And Obama and the media are partly to blame.

You're still ignoring the fact that the majority of cops killed this year were killed by white males.

You're still ignoring the fact that the majority of cops killed this year were killed by white males.

That site you posted was a joke.

If you actually believe that ridiculous dude, maybe you are dumb enough to be the original COWA.

I have work to do, some of us don't live off the government. I'll pop in later and expose your BS.

That site you posted was a joke.

If you actually believe that ridiculous dude, maybe you are dumb enough to be the original COWA.

I have work to do, some of us don't live off the government. I'll pop in later and expose your BS.

By all means, please do. Until then, read this again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-cops-killed-white-men-conservatives-silent-article-1.2632965

OK, I read this one.

Even if true, his numbers stop at May 10th. The number of police killed has doubled since then, most of them recent and we know the stories with them.

I'll also point out that I didn't mention race in the cop killings; you did. You're the one doing the race baiting. Of course, that's typical. It's usually the Democrats keeping race wars alive.

You're not even good at this. You bore me.

OK, I read this one.

Even if true, his numbers stop at May 10th. The number of police killed has doubled since then, most of them recent and we know the stories with them.

I'll also point out that I didn't mention race in the cop killings; you did. You're the one doing the race baiting. Of course, that's typical. It's usually the Democrats keeping race wars alive.

I don't know I'm kinda enjoying watching him play you like a yo-yo.

ted-thai-hand-holding-string-attached-to

OK, I read this one.

You don't mention race directly but are you trying to tie in race to BlackLivesMatter? Through a thin veil, are you saying BlackLivesMatter and blacks in general kill cops? If you are, the statistics don't agree with you. If the statistics did agree with you Faux Noise and Sean Insanity would have plastered those numbers to television screens and computer monitors already.

You don't mention race directly but are you trying to tie in race to BlackLivesMatter? Through a thin veil, are you saying BlackLivesMatter and blacks in general kill cops? If you are, the statistics don't agree with you. If the statistics did agree with you Faux Noise and Sean Insanity would have plastered those numbers to television screens and computer monitors already.

Keep on race baiting. Cop lives clearly don't matter to you.

I don't know I'm kinda enjoying watching him play you like a yo-yo.

ted-thai-hand-holding-string-attached-to

Only because you're suckle off the same teat he does.

I don't even consider him a challenge. Even you're more of a challenge than he is, and that's not saying much. He's downright childish.

Keep on race baiting. Cop lives clearly don't matter to you.

Only because you're suckle off the same teat he does.

I don't even consider him a challenge. Even you're more of a challenge than he is, and that's not saying much. He's downright childish.

Considering your performance in this thread, you are delusional.

As quoted previously:

Since you've convinced yourself I suggest you apply to the Dallas TX or Baton Rouge PD. I'm sure they will be excited to learn they will have no need to waste the expense to equip you with a bullet proof vest.

Since you've convinced yourself I suggest you apply to the Dallas TX or Baton Rouge PD. I'm sure they will be excited to learn they will have no need to waste the expense to equip you with a bullet proof vest.

I'm pretty sure police departments have vests for their officers. Unlike when Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld sent our soldiers to a war of choice without body armor. Then Rumsfeld said this...

Thats a lie. Yours doesnt.

I'm quite sure his life does matter. He has a wife, children, grandchildren, extended family and friends. His life matters very much to them.

What a rotten thing to say.

Edited by Dana

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_3_murder_offenders_by_age_sex_and_race_2013.xls

Blacks kill more people in the U.S. than anyone. They make up approximately 13% of the population.

Edited by yathink?

This will help you, yathink?

This man will not negotiate, because he think he has all the facts.

Edited by The Postman

I'm quite sure his life does matter. He has a wife, children, grandchildren, extended family and friends. His life matters very much to them.

What a rotten thing to say.

Yeah? Go find a "safe zone."

I really don't think the black vs white talk is helpful.

Just more race baiting.

We gotta come together, people.

Can it be said that more guns on the streets mean fewer cops shot?

Of course, more gun, or more swords, keeps us safe!

The man called Jesus Christ, told his friend Peter to draw his sword, and Peter's have guns to draw, NOW!