#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,607 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

Townhall meeting explores concerns raised by bogus BLM march in Paulding

In a quickly-called town meeting elected leaders and leaders in the religious community met with over a hundred concerned black citizens to address concerns over messages relating to the Black Lives Matter march that turned out to be a hoax.

Posted on the Sheriff's facebook page, the apparently bogus notice that a march was planned drew all sorts of comments; some overtly racist, that were so disturbing that the Sheriff ended up deleting the lot.

Still, the outpouring of vitriol from some in the community raised concens in the black community and Oasis family life church pastor Anthony Murray and the town hall at Oasis Church was the result.

The meeting was orderly and community leaders joined Pastor Murray and Mt. Olivet Missionary Baptist Church Pastor Cord Franklin, Sr., himself a retired Atlanta police officer. Sheriff Gary Gulledge, State Rep. Kimberly Alexander, Mayor Boyd Austin, Dallas Police Chief Scott L. Halter, Commission Chairman David Austin made up the panel of community leaders. There were at least a dozen members of city and county government as well as commission chairman candidate David Carmichael as well as at least a dozen Deputies. Notable by their absence was the Hiram Police Chief and commission chairman candidate Roger Leggett.

One of the most telling exchanges involved the demand for an apology for wording of the notice of the march that appeared on Sheriff Gulledge's facebook page. Pcom captured the exchange and presents it in the youtube video above. For those who wonder about state of race relations - they are really pretty good in Paulding which at one time had a truly poor rep - as this sometimes contentious video demonstrates.

Another exchange from a community member noted that a county department supervisor was saying the SO planned to arrest protesters and that the black employee better not attend the protest ... and allegation flatly denied by Sheriff Gulledge who said his departments only goal was to keep everyone, regardless of their political views, safe.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

#2 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

I'm happy to see the efforts of PCSO and the community to work together. I cringed a little during the video but it's a good start. Thanks for posting.
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#3 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,792 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for posting..... I am very proud of our law officers... 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#4 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,607 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

I had a request through other channels to upload the entire meeting.  While I didn't spend the time to intersperse the b-roll video ... most of this is a one-camera shoot with the jerky moves as the camera is moved, this does provide coverage of the entire event.

pubby

#5 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,792 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

Thanks Pubby I was going to ask you to post the whole meeting, I did not make it to the meeting, and I was and still very interested in haring the whole meeting. 

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics