Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
boosmom13

Shooting on Pine Valley?

This from the AJC

Hopefully they'll just shoot the SOB and put him out of his misery.

I didn't realize he had killed someone.

I just saw this on FB. They're reporting one dead.

attachicon.gifimage.png

So sorry to hear this! Thanks for posting this. I was hoping they had gotten the guy by now! I have been trying to follow this on facebook, but there are soooo many comments. And people, are very often getting way off topic. It ends up being pages of worthless reading. I get quicker and better facts right here on PCom.

• Like 2

I did read a comment where someone said the guy is Vet that suffers from PTSD and/or dementia, and that people had noticed and reported, that he had been having some issues from some time. Really, it sounds to me, like the whole situation is just so sad. :(

Edited by ivylove

I did read a comment where someone said the guy is Vet that suffers from PTSD and/or dementia, and that people had noticed and reported, that he had been having some issues from some time. Really, it sounds to me, like the whole situation is just so sad. :(

I wondered about that. And yet I hear fireworks coming from that direction even now.

I don't live far from there.

Just read this on fb....... "Police said robot going out on back porch. They found him laying just off the porch."

Sorry lowrider, I must have been posting at the same time you did.

• Like 1

According to who? The news is reporting he's still barracaded

According to me listening to police scanner. Crime scene tape taken down and neighbors are being allowed back in their homes.

According to who? The news is reporting he's still barracaded

I think they're listening to the radio traffic. I'm always amazed at how far behind the news runs on just about everything.
  • Like 1

According to me listening to police scanner. Crime scene tape taken down and neighbors are being allowed back in their homes.

Thank you. I just know the news hadn't reported it yet.

I hate it for all those folks displaced from their homes and prayers for the family that was shot.

Sad and tragic.

But between what dementia had done to his mind (I watched my father struggle with it) and the trouble he was in after this; perhaps the better of possible endings to his journey.

Very doubtful the crime scene tape has been taken down this soon. WTH frequency do you have your scanner tuned to???????

so sad that when someone is miserable they must hurt others...

Dementia can often make a person paranoid or believe they are in danger or being harmed by others. I watched my father get terribly angry as he replayed in his mind everything that other people did to him over the years, as well as his exaggerated recollection of things that happened.

EX: There was a customer from probably 40 years earlier that stiffed him for a couple hundred bucks. He replayed that in his head over and over, and would get furious about it.

An example of exaggerated recollection: when he had his last business, my mother worked there and kept the books. There was a salesman who called on them and he would act all charming to my mother. Probably just doing what salesmen do and BS people. But decades later in the mental state he was in, my father recalled it as flirting, and was convinced that the salesman was going to come and try to take my 80 year old mother away from my dad.

I share this only to try and explain how a person who's mind was wracked with dementia could think they were in danger or even defending themselves. If he did suffer from PTSD, the fireworks could have triggered it, causing him to believe he was back on a battlefield somewhere.

Just a horribly sad situation all around. Perhaps we can learn from this and do better from a mental health point of view. But I'm sure that certain people here will blame the guns.

• Like 5

Dementia can often make a person paranoid or believe they are in danger or being harmed by others. I watched my father get terribly angry as he replayed in his mind everything that other people did to him over the years, as well as his exaggerated recollection of things that happened.

EX: There was a customer from probably 40 years earlier that stiffed him for a couple hundred bucks. He replayed that in his head over and over, and would get furious about it.

An example of exaggerated recollection: when he had his last business, my mother worked there and kept the books. There was a salesman who called on them and he would act all charming to my mother. Probably just doing what salesmen do and BS people. But decades later in the mental state he was in, my father recalled it as flirting, and was convinced that the salesman was going to come and try to take my 80 year old mother away from my dad.

I share this only to try and explain how a person who's mind was wracked with dementia could think they were in danger or even defending themselves. If he did suffer from PTSD, the fireworks could have triggered it, causing him to believe he was back on a battlefield somewhere.

Just a horribly sad situation all around. Perhaps we can learn from this and do better from a mental health point of view. But I'm sure that certain people here will blame the guns.

well said...it is indeed a sad thing for all involved

William Arnett was the shooter

3 that were shot were a husband and wife, and the wife's sister . Husband and wife's son was in the house (Jeff Adams) Husband died at the scene, and (Ann) wife in critical condition. wife's sister was shot 3x one is at Grady one is at Kennestone

Friends say the victim, who was a father, was in the process of moving to a new home. He and his family went by the old house to get some things when they were shot by Arnett.

Police say Arnett was known to them and had made threats to them before. Neighbors say they’ve complained about Arnett for years.

Some neighbors say the victim moved to get away from Arnett because of a long-standing feud between the two men.

I think they're listening to the radio traffic. I'm always amazed at how far behind the news runs on just about everything.

And yet the so called media still manage to get so much wrong. One would think that if they took as much time as they do, that they might manage to get at least half of what they report correct.

• Like 1

And yet the so called media still manage to get so much wrong. One would think that if they took as much time as they do, that they might manage to get at least half of what they report correct.

I can't see the media being that bad. They report what they see, and hear. They are not blind in one eye, and can't focus out of the other eye. Calling them 50% off on their reports is like saying they are liars half the time. To delibverately lie, in a public report, as bad as half the time is not what thery do.

Is this supposition that man had dementia.

Is this supposition that man had dementia.

It has been mentioned, but I'm not sure if confirmed.

I just offered this as a possible explanation of why the man did it.

It has been mentioned, but I'm not sure if confirmed.

It is possible, G D!

I like it when you use that phrase.

What a shame. We are always told to not take the law into your own hands, let the law handle it. This man had been reported to the"law" many times and nothing was done......now this.

What a shame. We are always told to not take the law into your own hands, let the law handle it. This man had been reported to the"law" many times and nothing was done......now this.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he'd just flirted with the law, but not crossed the line. Unless the person does something illegal with witnesses, the police have their hands tied. That is the downside to the Bill of Rights.

It's like the nutcase over on Cedarcrest, I remember some Pcommer lived next door and had potshots go by and other dangerous stuff happen, but had no proof. I think they finally sold the farm for a loss.