Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
boosmom13

Shooting on Pine Valley?

Don't know but a friend said over 10 sheriff cars passed him on Bill carruth headed that way around 5pm

• Like 1

Someone on facebook said there was a triple shooting with an active shooter and SWAT was there. My daughter said about 15 police cars went flying past her on 278. But, I certainly don't want to be putting bad info out there. That's why I asked if there was any verified info. Prayers for all involved!

Edited by justagirl

Channel 2 says multiple victims shooter shooting at LE. Will update when they get a reporter on scene.

Thank you! I need to change stations.

they are evacuating the neighborhood and moving them to firestation #9

• Like 1

Sources tell Channel 2 Action News that multiple people were shot in a Paulding County neighborhood Tuesday afternoon.

The SWAT team has been called to the scene on Pine Valley Drive just outside of Hiram.

A source says someone is firing shots at deputies who are responding to the scene.

The neighborhood is being evacuated.

That is right around where Travis Tritt has his spread.... Anyone know where on Pine Valley?

pubby

Facebook is reporting that they have Pine Valley between Bennett and Williams Lake closed

Which neighborhood is it?

I have not heard the name of the neighborhood

gunman not in custody yet, several shot, , as of right now, no officers have been injured

• Like 1

is there a pine valley drive off of pine valley road? they mentioned pine valley drive is were the shooting is happening

is there a pine valley drive off of pine valley road? they mentioned pine valley drive is were the shooting is happening

I think there is. I think if you're turning onto Pine Valley off of 92 it is on the right side of the road after you pass Bennett Road.

chanell 2 wsb tv suppose to update after commerical

I think there is. I think if you're turning onto Pine Valley off of 92 it is on the right side of the road after you pass Bennett Road.

ok that is were it is then, they said pine valley drive, is were the shooting is happening, they have pine valley road, Bennett, williams shut down.. it may go toward casey court, and another place I can not think of the name right now

Yes, looking at the county tax map.

Probably 50-55 houses or so with that address, and there are a couple of streets that feed into it.

It is a dead end ... it dead ends behind the elementary school on Williams Lake (Bessie Baggett Elementary) . thank goodness school is out for the summer.

pubby

the firestation #9 is less then a mile from pine valley road/drive, that is where they are telling everyone to go

• Like 1

chanell 2 wsb tv suppose to update after commerical

ok that is were it is then, they said pine valley drive, is were the shooting is happening, they have pine valley road, Bennett, williams shut down.. it may go toward casey court, and another place I can not think of the name right now

Yes, looking at the county tax map.

Probably 50-55 houses or so with that address, and there are a couple of streets that feed into it.

It is a dead end ... it dead ends behind the elementary school on Williams Lake (Bessie Baggett Elementary) . thank goodness school is out for the summer.

pubby

Wow! Definitely, thank the Good Lord school is out! I pray they can find this guy!

This might be a dumb question but I'm curious as to why they're evacuating people? Wouldn't people be safer locked up in their homes? I remember when I was a kid I was spending the night with a friend and there was a domestic hostage situation in the neighborhood. We were told to lock ourselves inside and stay away from windows.

Ambulances making there way there now, and medical helicopter at fire station

This might be a dumb question but I'm curious as to why they're evacuating people? Wouldn't people be safer locked up in their homes? I remember when I was a kid I was spending the night with a friend and there was a domestic hostage situation in the neighborhood. We were told to lock ourselves inside and stay away from windows.

That's a good question! Maybe since they don't know exactly where he is they don't want to chance him taking someone hostage? That's all I can think of- but I honestly have no idea!

People are just now coming home ... and they don't need them going to their houses. They are evacuating those in their home to make sure that the gunman can't enter a house and take hostages. Hostages are the last thing LEO wants to deal with.

pubby

Ambulances making there way there now, and medical helicopter at fire station

I saw that. Maybe I didn't hear it right- but did they say they saw the ambulance taking someone to the helicopter?

I saw that. Maybe I didn't hear it right- but did they say they saw the ambulance taking someone to the helicopter?

I did not hear that part, I heard Ambulances making there way there now, and medical helicopter at fire station on stand by I may have missed that part

several people shot, update after commerical

I did not hear that part, I heard Ambulances making there way there now, and medical helicopter at fire station on stand by I may have missed that part

several people shot, update after commerical

You're probably right. It is just way too close for comfort!

You're probably right. It is just way too close for comfort!

They said they did take some of the victims to the hospital and the shooter cornered in a house. So, hopefully, this will come to an end soon!

victims that have been shot at least one in critcal condition, air lifted . it has been reportted that man (shooter) needed help, months ago.

Heather Waddell was interviewed this is on her fb page:

Unbelievable, I pull up to my subdivision from work and it is blocked off with a stand off, there is a man in my neighborhood with I'm assuming dementia & a lot of people have called the sheriff's office to report this man needs help, he has painted his garage doors red & yellow and painted keep out on them, but nothing was done, I pray is not true, but kirk is home and he just told me the man shot & killed one of our church members that ain't probably no more than 40 if that, and they still haven't got the man, , this is so heartbreaking

• Like 1

If you've been watching Channel 2 and see the shot from the News Chopper, it may be (corrected: Pine Valley Dr.). The police cars are lining down the hill not at the bottom.

I was wrong - edited.

Edited by Beats Working

A life-flight helicopter just flew over my house. I live off Ridge Road by the old PB Ritch elementary. Don't know if it's leaving or another one is landing there.

Prayers said for all involved.

• Like 1

I have several friends that live in carriage Oaks and I'll pray they are all OK. 😔

Edited to add that this is at Pine Valley subdivision right next to Carriage Oaks... Pine Valley Drive.

Edited by icare

Came through there on the way home from Emory.

Fortunately I was turning right on Pine Valley coming off Bennett.

Popo wouldn't let you turn left.

I just hope this can end soon without more shoots fired....so sad,but goes to show stuff like this can happen anywhere. Prayers for all involved

as of about 45 minutes ago they had the man cornered in a house is what i read

sounds like they have shot gas in to the house, and more gas shot in, and the man may have a mask, he has been dealt with before and one of the deputies said he thinks he has a mask. all of this is on the scanner link i posted in another topic

Cobb/Douglas Swat are helping paulding

There maybe one that was shot that did not make it..

I heard on WSB radio that they had encounters with this person in the past. Neighbors said he was dangerous and disturbed. They said they had reported him before but the cops said they couldn't do anything until he did something.

Maybe they will take him out.

He may want suicide by cops.

At least the neighborhood is aweare of this guy being dangerous. The man killed by cops in Cartersville had a clean record as fotr as neighbors are concerned, they said that man had never arroused any dangerous suspissions in the neighborhood.

Edited by The Postman